Finery London TSV 22/05/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve tried to give Anne the benefit of the doubt through her ups and downs and image makeovers but really, in the end, she’s just not very good at the job. She never seems prepared and she waffles through, saying nothing useful. She’s not a good advert for fashion or skincare so what’s the point?
I remember the very first time I saw Anne present. It was a jewellery show, and she did not try anything on at all. Just kept the necklaces on the bust, no rings tried on, no earrings, etc. Think she thought it would be too much of an effort. I was unimpressed then, and have not changed my mind about her since.

Her hair is looking a bit better now, but I do wish she wouldn’t curl it, it looks like she’s just come in from the rain!

Her hair colour, imo, is wrong. It's too vibrant and false looking. Perhaps she had red hair in the past. She has very fair colouring which might suggest this. However, the present colour needs to be toned down to a lighter hue. It seems she is trying to have that 'cool looking older woman' look, but it doesn't work for her (or anybody!). Her hairdresser should make some suggestions, I think. Strawberry or apricot blond would be a good way to go and the roots wouldn’t stand out so much as they do now.

Her hair colour, imo, is wrong. It's too vibrant and false looking. Perhaps she had red hair in the past. She has very fair colouring which might suggest this. However, the present colour needs to be toned down to a lighter hue. It seems she is trying to have that 'cool looking older woman' look, but it doesn't work for her (or anybody!). Her hairdresser should make some suggestions, I think. Strawberry or apricot blond would be a good way to go and the roots wouldn’t stand out so much as they do now.
A mistake made by many older women, they stick with their hair colour of youth and it is far too overpowering.I went grey, now more white and use products to keep it that way & never regretted it.Most people I know in my age range (70s!) have blonde tints on their hair & there is an ‘anti grey ‘ movement.It’s not the hair colour that is aging it’s the face!

I was a natural auburn sort of colour but had died my hair all my life, mostly red shades and quite dark. For some reason a few years ago I let it grow out. I'm now a greyish blonde. I use shampoos and things to whiten it but it seems less white now than it was a year ago. It's great, not having to worry about dying it any more.

Y
A mistake made by many older women, they stick with their hair colour of youth and it is far too overpowering.I went grey, now more white and use products to keep it that way & never regretted it.Most people I know in my age range (70s!) have blonde tints on their hair & there is an ‘anti grey ‘ movement.It’s not the hair colour that is aging it’s the face!
Is 'anti grey' a new movement? I should think it's been around for decades. Some women with grey hair used to have a blue or lavender rinse. I don't think that many do that now. A lighter hair colour for Anne would not make her look younger, imo, but would make her look prettier. The same for the BA, Imogen. Her hair is too dark.... it's almost black. Very unnatural and hard.

An all over silver or white head of hair can look really striking, but pepper and salt is a 'no' for me. I'll be colouring mine until kingdom come, I reckon.
You wouldn’t like mine then, ever since the Menopause I’ve been allergic to hair colour.
I have had several compliments and I’m happy with it, it’s encouraged my Niece’s to go grey too.
You could give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised and better off financially too.

I agree but it was too pale and wishy washy before.

Latest posts

Back