Gawd, Andi Peters is awful

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really, I saw him and thought he was rude to the guests and Dale at times! Not a fan :mysmilie_845:

I think I might not have made my point clearly, I don't like him at all, nor do I think he's hilarious - what I think is hilarious is the fans on Facebook who lost saying they're looking forward to his show, or they really enjoyed it etc...

Sorry, but I can't stand his superior attitude. Puts me offf buying anything from him.

I may have said this on here before but I know someone who used to do a fair amount of gameshows and tv quiz's etc... through this he came across Andi Peters.

He said that Andi Peters is a genuine honest to god, arse hole.

A nasty man unless the camera is on and requires him to be nice.

You`ve all heard the saying someone " has a face that launched a thousand ships " well Andi Peters has a face that "" needs a thousand slaps ". He`s smarmy, rude and so far up his own behind he`s wearing it as a hat.

Strange really cos I used to love him in the broom cupboard with Edd the duck when I was a kid in the 80's, just shows the naievity of youth... I seem to remember Debbie Flint in the broom cupboard too, need I say any more...

I think I might not have made my point clearly, I don't like him at all, nor do I think he's hilarious - what I think is hilarious is the fans on Facebook who lost saying they're looking forward to his show, or they really enjoyed it etc...

I suppose this comes under the heading of "one man's meat is another man's poison". I cannot imagine any circumstance under which I would look forward to any show featuring the most narcissistic of all QVC guests or presenters, but each to their own.

Strange really cos I used to love him in the broom cupboard with Edd the duck when I was a kid in the 80's, just shows the naievity of youth... I seem to remember Debbie Flint in the broom cupboard too, need I say any more...

With retrospective wisdom, someone should have locked them both in there and lost the key... how ironic that at the time I thought that the irritant was Edd the Duck. Now I am wiser, and know better...

I caught the show last week - big mistake. He has dispensed with Dale's services as a presenter... he was domineering with a new guest, even bullying... constantly singling him out. What I took from this performance was that he's not someone I would care to spend time with.

Saw this and he was out of order! New guest looked awkward the way Peters was belittling him! :mysmilie_10:

I turn over whenever he is on. He is just too loud. He thinks everyone loves him, he shouts over Dale and the guests, who are the same on every food show anyway. There's always that popcorn woman on every flipping food show.

Flicked to the Q a couple of times yesterday to find there was a glut of Andi Peters. The bloke is so loud and Me! Me! Me! It was kind of pointless for the various food guests to even be there. He was too busy cracking unfunny jokes with Dale, the camera man, the producer, and anyone else who was in the building. I felt sorry for the poor reps who were trying to market their wares. I know he used to be a kiddy TV presenter and had a dabble at a celeb cooking comp, but what the hell is he on QVC for?
Agree! In fact I'm relieved to read this thread as I thought I was alone. The other day I peeked a glance at his antics on a food hour with a colleague of mine.
The conversation was (which ended up quite heated)
I said....
'oh I really think they should have ended that guys career the day he walked from children's bbc'.
'why??'
'oh I just don't like his diva personality, and his school boy humour'
'i don't think you should voice that opinion'
'oh?'
'well, people might think you're being racist'.
'whoa! Hold it there. I'm voicing my opinion on a personality, not a colour'
.....and so it went on, as colleague thought I was being totally unfair in my opinion.

We agreed to disagree.
So to sum up. I agree with OP. Annoying to the max, And glad I don't feel alone and yes, I switch off.

Agree! In fact I'm relieved to read this thread as I thought I was alone. The other day I peeked a glance at his antics on a food hour with a colleague of mine.
I said....
'oh I really think they should have ended that guys career the day he walked from children's bbc'.
'why??'
'oh?'
.....and so it went on, as colleague thought I was being totally unfair in my opinion.

We agreed to disagree.
So to sum up. I agree with OP. Annoying to the max, And glad I don't feel alone and yes, I switch off.

People are people... and a presenter's demeanour has zero do do with colour, surely?

I was intrigued to see what everyone is talking about so I viewed a recent show. I have to concur he was behaving like a grade A w*nker! He kept making snipes at the guest, his poshness, his jacket, his paunch. The relentless, unfunny jibes came thick and fast. How the guest refrained from slapping A. Peters with that salmon I do not know! Peters' comments smacked of insecurity.

I have contacted Q to express my views about him and to ask exactly what qualifications and experience he has to consider himself (as he obviously does) some kind of food expert. IMO he is devoid of talent, rude and schoolboyish and perhaps if enough people complain they will take this idiot off-screen. How desperate must Q be to give air-time to this fool?

Flicked to the Q a couple of times yesterday to find there was a glut of Andi Peters. The bloke is so loud and Me! Me! Me! It was kind of pointless for the various food guests to even be there. He was too busy cracking unfunny jokes with Dale, the camera man, the producer, and anyone else who was in the building. I felt sorry for the poor reps who were trying to market their wares. I know he used to be a kiddy TV presenter and had a dabble at a celeb cooking comp, but what the hell is he on QVC for?

I said....
'why??'
'oh?'

We agreed to disagree.

It's funny you should say that, my friend who I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, also happens to be black and he said that Peters said things to him that basically implied Peters didn't like his presence there as it takes away his thing of being a black guy on british tv.

he must see that as something that helps him career-wise.

Personally if I was trying to resurrect a career Q wouldn't be my first port of call.

Lusa Snowden - Q today - IACGMOOH eating bugs tomorrow.

It's funny you should say that, my friend who I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, also happens to be black and he said that Peters said things to him that basically implied Peters didn't like his presence there as it takes away his thing of being a black guy on british tv.

he must see that as something that helps him career-wise.
Well that surely makes peters a racist.

I have contacted Q to express my views about him and to ask exactly what qualifications and experience he has to consider himself (as he obviously does) some kind of food expert. IMO he is devoid of talent, rude and schoolboyish and perhaps if enough people complain they will take this idiot off-screen. How desperate must Q be to give air-time to this fool?

Maybe we could send a petition to QVC? I know there are some silly, vapid people on QVC but none of them come across as nasty in the way Andi Peters does. I think the only sense of balance has is a chip on each shoulder. Perhaps the best way is not to buy any of the products. They'll soon ditch him when he doesn't bring in the numbers. I don't know who'd want to remortgage their house to buy an overpriced jar of pork scratchings, anyway. I can't see it lasting.

Isn't it sad that these people have nothing better to do with their lives than see insults where none exist? But then they are usually people who have poor listening (and/or reading) skills, so don't actually listen properly to what's said. You expressed an opinion based on the quality of his performance and how his personality comes across on a shopping telly channel, you did not insult him because of his colour or ethnicity, which would have been wrong. There are plenty of people on TV who I think are totally talentless and rubbish - and their origins are varied. And if I think they are carp for whatever reason, I wouldn't hesitate to say so. You are not alone, JR's Ego, and you were perfectly entitled to express your view in those terms, in my opinion.

I said....
'why??'
'oh?'

We agreed to disagree.

Had to laugh yesterday, when I caught an item on the internet telling how Andi (talent??) Peters had been doing an outside broadcast for a morning TV show, and had made a complete tw$$ of himself. Peters was being filmed in the street and had not only been almost scared out of his wits by a barking dog, but had almost collided with a wheelie bin. (The wheelie bin has, apparently, written a letter of complaint to the TV station, as it feels being seen next to him has seriously damaged its' chances of fame).:giggle: The barking dog has stated that it was only expressing its' opinion of his performance on Q.

Latest posts

Back