Gem Auras discounts Angeline? ....NOT!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I haven't been watching recently as so bored with Jadeite. I do like the candles though and currently Angeline is doing a Gem Auras so called discount show. It really is not..hairbands at same price as launch, Celtic candles at 14.99 seen many times, even new Willow version today was same price and goldfish candles at 9.99 again been on multiple times ! Coaster candles also launch price ... Speechless ... what a fib Angeline! Very cross at even more nonsense from Gemporia 😐

Not the first time that I’ve noticed this to be honest and it’s the main reason I don’t buy anymore. I’ve lost trust in them. The other week I happened to flick onto a show of hers. She said as it was the first airing of the Wobito coated snowflake rings that there would be a special price for them. Wasn’t the first airing they’d been on before for exactly the same price in an evening show.
They’ll say anything to sell

Anyone seen the new "We're always here" advert on Gemporia? They've re-edited the film of that lonely lady with the specs who says "You can talk to the presenters, and they'll talk back. It's like they're a family, and you're a part of it." That Peaky Blinders crime family, maybe?

Well, the stuff they've now put with the sad lady video is hysterical. To show that Gemporia is "always here" for their customers, the new video shows Ellis, of course. And a bit of Jess, which should come with a warning first. Someone also had the bright idea to prominently include video footage of Amelia. And Milly.

Gemporia: always here for you. Except for when we've been made redundant.

I haven't been watching recently as so bored with Jadeite. I do like the candles though and currently Angeline is doing a Gem Auras so called discount show. It really is not..hairbands at same price as launch, Celtic candles at 14.99 seen many times, even new Willow version today was same price and goldfish candles at 9.99 again been on multiple times ! Coaster candles also launch price ... Speechless ... what a fib Angeline! Very cross at even more nonsense from Gemporia 😐
I noticed this a few times. I almost bought myself a candle a few months ago, I didn't then saw it on again for a few pence less. I never did get it. My mum likes the gem auras candles & admittedly they do smell nice (from what she's shown me)

Not the first time that I’ve noticed this to be honest and it’s the main reason I don’t buy anymore. I’ve lost trust in them. The other week I happened to flick onto a show of hers. She said as it was the first airing of the Wobito coated snowflake rings that there would be a special price for them. Wasn’t the first airing they’d been on before for exactly the same price in an evening show.
They’ll say anything to sell
How they fail to understand that getting caught out unashamedly telling blatant fibs shatters trust, is beyond me! Very sad the company is stooping to these levels. Embarrassing 🤔

Anyone seen the new "We're always here" advert on Gemporia? They've re-edited the film of that lonely lady with the specs who says "You can talk to the presenters, and they'll talk back. It's like they're a family, and you're a part of it." That Peaky Blinders crime family, maybe?

Well, the stuff they've now put with the sad lady video is hysterical. To show that Gemporia is "always here" for their customers, the new video shows Ellis, of course. And a bit of Jess, which should come with a warning first. Someone also had the bright idea to prominently include video footage of Amelia. And Milly.

Jess and 'always here' are 2 things that should not be in same sentence 😂...

I noticed this a few times. I almost bought myself a candle a few months ago, I didn't then saw it on again for a few pence less. I never did get it. My mum likes the gem auras candles & admittedly they do smell nice (from what she's shown me)
I've had quite a few of the candles and have been v pleased. I think they are good value too so it was not so much the prices that annoyed me today, but Angeline saying take advantage of the (non existent) discounts ....

How they fail to understand that getting caught out unashamedly telling blatant fibs shatters trust, is beyond me! Very sad the company is stooping to these levels. Embarrassing 🤔
They think we don't notice I don't know why! Unless they think we are idiots. They insult my intelligence. I've complained previously and had absolutely no response whatsoever. One of my main reasons for disliking the Gemporia presenters they knowingly do it and with a smile. So disgraceful I no longer buy from them any trust I had has gone with the redundancies, late refunds, tonnes of jade and the presenters are the worst . Steve it appears is accepting of this behaviour. What more can I say?

Like having a friend in your living room - unless you want a price promise or refund in less than a month.

And what could possibly show better friendship than charging £120 for a naff looking Jadeite carving in gold tone tat.

Like having a friend in your living room - unless you want a price promise or refund in less than a month.

And what could possibly show better friendship than charging £120 for a naff looking Jadeite carving in gold tone tat.
I'm starting to get the vague suspicion that you mightn't like Gemporia all that much 😏

I liked the Gemporia of old - when Steve was running the show and things were relatively transparent and honest(ish).

I don't like what they've become since Colin and Jake let ethics and morals slip away.
Completely agree .. when Steve was the driving force, the Gemporia experience felt so different and he made customers feel valued imo (without wittering on about esteemed connoisseurs.. yawn). Currently the product choice and quality is poor and presenters use painfully transparent techniques to flog whatever they are given. As MD Jake is pure market stall and Dave the side kick created in own image. Little wonder presenters behave as they do 😟

Last edited:
Completely agree .. when Steve was the driving force, the Gemporia experience felt so different and he made customers feel valued imo (without wittering on about esteemed connoisseurs.. yawn). Currently the product choice and quality is poor and presenters use painfully transparent techniques to flog whatever they are given. As MD Jake is pure market stall and Dave the side kick created in own image. Little wonder presenters behave as they do 😟

Totally agree. Leadership comes from the top - and as Steve has made Jake Managing Director, it's clear that the direction of the Company isn't going to change because Jake is one of the worst culprits for making ludicrous claims and spouting BS (he was also behind one of the claims that the ASA gave Gemporia a slap on the wrist for).

I could just picture him partnering Ideal World's Mike 'wife slash goddess' Mason to flog goods from the back of a lorry at Skegness market. They'd make a great match.

Latest posts

Back