Gemporia cheating customers need reporting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedPhoenix

Registered Shopper
Yet again Gemporia are cheating and robbing customers.
Selling a ring with the following title :-
"AA Tanzanite & White Zircon 9K
Gold Tomas Rae Ring ATGW 2.65cts"
Lindsey doing the selling.
But what she's not saying is that the ring consists of 13 Tanzanites and only 1 is AA grade, 12 are the lower grade of A. Not one mention of it.
Are Gemporia misleading the customers by giving it the heading above. Screenshot below shows the TV presentation. I'm sure something should be done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240613_183433_Gemporia.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_183433_Gemporia.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 4
Yet again Gemporia are cheating and robbing customers.
Selling a ring with the following title :-
"AA Tanzanite & White Zircon 9K
Gold Tomas Rae Ring ATGW 2.65cts"
Lindsey doing the selling.
But what she's not saying is that the ring consists of 13 Tanzanites and only 1 is AA grade, 12 are the lower grade of A. Not one mention of it.
Are Gemporia misleading the customers by giving it the heading above. Screenshot below shows the TV presentation. I'm sure something should be done.

Yep, it's misleading.

If it contains mixed grades of Tanzanite, then they should have sold it as either "Tanzanite & White Zircon 9K Gold Tomas Rae Ring ATGW 2.65cts" or
"AA & A Tanzanite & White Zircon 9K Gold Tomas Rae Ring ATGW 2.65cts".

Yep, it's misleading.

If it contains mixed grades of Tanzanite, then they should have sold it as either "Tanzanite & White Zircon 9K Gold Tomas Rae Ring ATGW 2.65cts" or
"AA & A Tanzanite & White Zircon 9K Gold Tomas Rae Ring ATGW 2.65cts".
Who is it you report it to. This is only 1 instance from today. There was something else involving Ellis & Toby inflating prices. It was like watching 2 clowns at work

Who is it you report it to. This is only 1 instance from today. There was something else involving Ellis & Toby inflating prices. It was like watching 2 clowns at work

I report them to the Advertising Standards Authority via this page of their website.

All they ever seem to do though is issue warning after warning, without taking any meaningful action.

To report them, you'll need to know the approximate time of broadcast because they get a recording of the show from Gemporia to watch it back and listen to exactly what was said.

Hopefully if more and more of us start referring them to the ASA, they (the ASA) might actually grow a pair and take some more drastic action.

I report them to the Advertising Standards Authority via this page of their website.

All they ever seem to do though is issue warning after warning, without taking any meaningful action.

To report them, you'll need to know the approximate time of broadcast because they get a recording of the show from Gemporia to watch it back and listen to exactly what was said.

Hopefully if more and more of us start referring them to the ASA, they (the ASA) might actually grow a pair and take some more drastic action.
Yeah I've got all the times, all info and screenshots. I'll report them thanks for the details. Well let's hope if people know who to report to they'll do it also.

I used to think that Toby was a half-decent presenter who knew his stuff, but having watched the shambles that was on a week or so ago, where he was presenting with Rosie, I've changed my mind. Talk about poor quality Amateur Night presenting. Loads of gabble, talking over each other so the viewer couldn't understand a word, fake amazement, hysterical laughter at nothing, comparing what looked very like a poorly-cut sapphire in miniscule silver with more expensive jewellery. The quality was, in my opinion, costume jewellery standard, and very cheap costume jewellery at that, certainly not something you'd pay £29 quid for, more like a tenner at most. When you've got one of the so-called 'experts' on there giving a load of guff then there's not much hope.

I was watching Toby during the week as well and he does go a bit mad with the continuous mentions of price per carat of gems at trade fairs. Well why doesn’t he go and sell them there if they’re so precious and rare instead of making up stuff to flog them in the UK? Oh yes, because he’s selling them on a shopping channel and maybe just maybe they’re not as special as he’s making them out to be. He’s just a frontman, salesman. Yes, he’s very knowledgeable about gems but he does come from a jewellery family background but he’s no better than the rest when it comes to puffery regarding products they’re selling. I wish he’d stop leaning into camera and staring down it with those starey eyes too.

Even Jeff is changing now.

Last night there was a big song and dance about Rubies. How the Madagascan ones are exceptional quality and becoming more in demand.

The usual price comparisons to extra large, top quality, natural or heated treated VSI grade or similar Rubies.

What was he flogging? Filled Malagasy Rubies that are so cloudy, you can't see into them...........

Even Jeff is changing now.

Last night there was a big song and dance about Rubies. How the Madagascan ones are exceptional quality and becoming more in demand.

The usual price comparisons to extra large, top quality, natural or heated treated VSI grade or similar Rubies.

What was he flogging? Filled Malagasy Rubies that are so cloudy, you can't see into them...........
I saw that last night.
I've been looking at some cuprian tourmaline so I thought I'd send in one of these load from codes. The offer came up at £299.00 yet on the website the earrings were £149.00. So he's telling people that he's giving them super deals yet the offer price was twice the normal price 🤔🤔🤔

I saw that last night.
I've been looking at some cuprian tourmaline so I thought I'd send in one of these load from codes. The offer came up at £299.00 yet on the website the earrings were £149.00. So he's telling people that he's giving them super deals yet the offer price was twice the normal price 🤔🤔🤔

They've been warned about that already this year!!

The offer came up at £299.00 yet on the website the earrings were £149.00.
Devil's advocate, but I'm just in one of those moods today. If the price is so and so on the website, and it comes up as more on screen, as a final price, wouldn't it be better to revert to the web and buy it there?

Devil's advocate, but I'm just in one of those moods today. If the price is so and so on the website, and it comes up as more on screen, as a final price, wouldn't it be better to revert to the web and buy it there?

And turn a blind eye to their business practices.
What about if you had purchased something at £300 & someone pointed out to you it was half that price on the Web. Wouldn't you feel hacked off or would it just be OK.
The post is highlighting their dishonest practices.

And turn a blind eye to their business practices.
What about if you had purchased something at £300 & someone pointed out to you it was half that price on the Web. Wouldn't you feel hacked off or would it just be OK.
The post is highlighting their dishonest practices.
No blind eyes. Most businesses 'claim' transparency, so this sort of thing does need showing up.

That would annoy me no end, especially if there was no comeback, aka the beloved price pledge. I was talking about if it was a 'before' you buy not after.

I do not imply their actions are angelic: far from it, so if any offence was taken, blame the mood, as previously stated. :)

Latest posts

Back