Getting ‘genuinely’ ridiculous

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthy

Registered Shopper
Am I the only viewer who is getting really, really tired of the same old Tucson clips being trotted out ? I no longer care about hearing the same breaking news from this event about shortages and spiralling costs of stones, only to then see a show based around stones the company apparently purchased years ago. I’m also weary of seeing the same dog-eared copy of the Gemological Institute magazine warning of the pearl shortage, like its some sort of Doomsday book -when is the next edition due??
Won’t be surprised if Adina starts a ‘Bill Vance Appreciation Society’ - she references him often enough in between the ‘genuinelys’, ‘wows’ and personal,on-air shopping!

In the beginning, I was hopeful they would talk about new and exciting stones emerging at Tucson. But no ... As you suggested, they only went there on a price checking trip! I hate how they use everything, including Tucson, to generate panic and anxiety "if you don't buy this now, your world is going to implode in 5, 4, 3, 2....." There is already enough anxiety given the current climate. Jewellery buying was supposed to be fun not a melodramatic life or death matter!

Yes, Deasmum-hope you are doing ok. The price of tanzanite, shortage of pearls and ‘last chance’ for nilamani , pales to insignificance. At least we have Gemporia to have a chuckle at and take the occasional sarky snipe at! Take care😁

Oh, Ruthy, pay no attention to my grumpiness. I have been grumpy towards shopping telly ever since I heard that one of my neighbour's elderly mother, who is not too well, was spending a fortune on shopping telly, thinking that if she missed out on opportunities she would be depriving her grandchildren of important legacies. I don't know what shopping channel she was buying from, so I am not grumpy towards one in particular. I am grumpy towards the hard sell and much more aware of the impact it may have on vulnerable people. They may buy into all the melodrama and urgent/ emergency antics if they are not thinking clearly. I really like my neighbour. He and his wife are like the ideal neighbours, so I felt for them quite a lot. Particularly, because I had an uncle which went through a similar shopping spree (albeit not on the telly) when he was with dementia and it was horrific for his wife, children and grandchildren.

That’s such a pity to hear about the poor lady. There’s a particular lady on Gemporia -I won’t mention the name, but you will probably work it out- she frequently messages in and seems known to many,many of the presenters. I think she sends Christmas, wedding gifts and the like and seems to thrive on the relationships, believing them to be two way. When I said I hope you’re ok, I was referring to your own health, as I read in previous threads that you suffered from pain regularly, so it was a genuine good wish -(not an Adina genuine!!)
I enjoy our little observations-take care👍🏻

How kind, Ruthy! Yes, I had some radiotherapy to burn to ashes some of the cancer cells in my bones and I have been feeling better. Today I could even keep up with my overly fit best friend! I genuinely (😁) didn't think you were criticizing me in any way. My post was a bit of self-criticism. I noticed that I was a bit too grumpy 😜 There are people sending presents to the gem collector's presenters too! A friend of mine is a sociologist and she told me that's a form of parasocial relationships and it's a manifestation of people's innate need to build connections, even with TV people if they don't find anyone else.

How kind, Ruthy! Yes, I had some radiotherapy to burn to ashes some of the cancer cells in my bones and I have been feeling better. Today I could even keep up with my overly fit best friend! I genuinely (😁) didn't think you were criticizing me in any way. My post was a bit of self-criticism. I noticed that I was a bit too grumpy 😜 There are people sending presents to the gem collector's presenters too! A friend of mine is a sociologist and she told me that's a form of parasocial relationships and it's a manifestation of people's innate need to build connections, even with TV people if they don't find anyone else.
Hope you keep feeling better Deasmum. x

Fingers crossed for you, Deasmum-you’re entitled to some grumpy days😊-just keep coming on here and we’ll have a grump together!
I hope Vapid Stoat pops by sometime-her posts can be priceless and have made me smile on a few occasions, Ballerina too!

Latest posts

Back