Go Julia! You tell 'em girl!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
On the Ara shoes show yesterday, the 'I've been here forever & I'll say whatever I like!' Julia pointed out that the unfortunate model was modelling a pair of shoes that looked a size too small for her (she was!) & then announced that said unfortunate model had just agreed with her that they were indeed the wrong size!

JR then made a big point of showing off her own feet, which were wearing the right size shoes & telling us poor lowly viewers how your feet ought to lie in them, i.e. not with your toes & heels hanging over the edge!

She seemed pretty miffed about it (not directed at the model though!) & rightly so, the poor model looked horrendously uncomfortable & the shoes looked ridiculous on her! I wonder how many other presenters might've just sat there & said nothing?
Go Julia! :cool:

I have noticed in the last week several times models with either shoes that are miles too big and thoose with thier heels hanging over the back. There was also one model who also had cuts and grazes on her ankles and the camera kept showing them.

They also have models wearing trousers that are too short for them which looks daft. Though I suppose it does show that the garments are sized for women of average height.

They also have models wearing trousers that are too short for them which looks daft. Though I suppose it does show that the garments are sized for women of average height.

I am sure the resident fashion guru Glen would have advised them, and so they MUST be the right size!!!!!! maybe we wear our trousers all too long? :6:

Arggh!!! I hate that (probably because being tall I had problems finding trousers the right length for years). There was a pair of ankle swipers on the K&C show last night that they were calling petite or something and going on about how it was sexy to show some ankle. They looked ridiculous as the model had heels on as well - they were too long to be 'short' and too short to be long. QVC need to use shorter models for some of the ranges.

It's a wonder Julia didn't accuse her of trying to upstage her by showing too much foot!! :1:

What do you think Julia is like in real life ????

Just wondered what people thought ??? Do you think she is lovely or could she be a diva in disguise ?????

I have mixed feeling about JR. Sometimes she's really good at describing items and explaining colours of things if QVC say something is blue and she explains that its more purple for instance. Other times I think that she thinks that she IS QVC and can be quite rude and snooty.

There's something about her I just can't warm too. Far too hair flicking and false laughter and full of herself. I can only base my opinions on the 2D image I see on my screen, off air she's probably a lovely person.

She's far too fond of herself for my liking. I soooo wish she's get that silly hair cut shorter. She is however, (much as I hate to admit it!) a good presenter.

She's excellent for shopping tv, but I am not sure how she would fair on 'proper tv' - I'd like to see her have a go at a daytime show.

I don't have any strong feelings for her either way really, she doesn't annoy me except when she's with Simon Wilson and goes on about her size.

Latest posts

Back