Gold weights on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I see that QVC are now giving the weight of gold jewelllery, like they did years ago.

By coincidence, gold reached its ALL-TIME HIGH yesterday on Thursday 21st March at £55-65 per gram.

This is for PURE 24 carat gold, so that would make 9ct £20-87 per gram.

On QVC, a 6.3g necklace costs £475, for example.

The actual value of the gold is £131-47 so the QVC price is not too bad, considering the chain has to be made, and the various mark-ups along the line.

PS I have not checked my arithmetic yet, as I need to look at various places on-line. Perhaps someone else can check.

PS I had a gold ingot, now sold, and its value would now be almost £28,000 !!!
I should have kept it :(

Last edited:
I have a Krugerrand necklace after my mum that miraculously missed being taken by my ex as it was in for a repair on the bale.

I nearly sold it a several years ago when things were really tight and I could have done with some cash. The sentimental thing stopped me. Thank-you, mum.

I'd love an ingot. I handled a few in Dubai. Am I weird that I found them very pleasing in my hand?

I'd also love to be in that detectorist's shoes with that gold find earlier this week.

Last edited:
The ingot I got (probably called a bar) was superbly decorated with finely engraved patterns all over, highly polished, as well as the official markings of its weight, purity, maker (Credit Suisse), and serial number.

I was lucky with the one I got, as they were randomly selected, and many were just plain.

It was a beautiful object to look at, 500g, and small for its weight (as pure gold is heavy). I could enclose it in the palm of my hand. As I said, it's now worth £28,000 (but not at the time I sold it).

I wish I still had it, but it was difficult to sell, as it was too much money for all of the local "We buy your gold" jewellers.

And it was uninsurable to post it anywhere, I would have had to travel 100s of miles to Birmingham's jewellery quarter to sell it, carrying it around with me.

I was relieved when I eventually found someone who came to my house for it.

It was weighed on an extremely accurate scales, the money was transferred to my bank while the dealer was with me, I went on-line to check it, then it was taken away.

I had the feeling that it was NOT going to be melted down, but sold as it was because of its appearance.

Last edited:
Strato, just do not dwell on if. You let it go and happy at the time for what you got. Well, I hope so?

I do remember the live presentation of jewellery back on QVC, early 00s, and they always said well X amount of gold goes for, this has Y in grams. Their rings always usually hollowed out bands, and I was shocked once to get a ring with a totally solid band! I still wear it, yellow gold apatite with two tiny diamonds.

I have a yellow gold bracelet in 9ct yellow which I bought it clearance long ago. It looks really heavy, but it actually quite light as it is hollow.

Latest posts

Back