Have forgotten make of bag

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
Years ago I bought a bag from QVC which uses magnets to close the flaps and it also has numerous pockets. I think it was Carla who was selling that make. I am interested in today's TSV but it would be too large for the bag I have but I need a larger bag anyway for carrying things to a patient in hospital. I really want another bag with magnets as I have hand problems and zips, press studs etc are beyond me. Can anyone help me with the name of the brand? QVC no longer stock them but I am hoping that I can get one somewhere else.

Carla presented (only) Tignaello up until fairly recently (now presents just about every brand) but Q still do that range.

I'm fairly sure she never presented Travelon as I purchased 3 or 4 over the years. Q no longer do this brand although there were a few in clearance up until recently.

I like Travelon and have found a few on eBay but the prices are far far far more than ever on Q as they were very keenly priced.

Or could it have been Amanda Lamb's range? She did travel bags and handbags a long while back... and to me she looks very similar to Carla Laszlo.

In fact she was on today if I'm not mistaken so there must be some items in stock (although another range which ends up in clearance pretty quickly so not sure what this says about the quality)

Did Carla ever guest for B Makowsky? I have one of those bags and it has a magnetic closure on the flap but not a lot of pockets.

In fact she was on today if I'm not mistaken so there must be some items in stock (although another range which ends up in clearance pretty quickly so not sure what this says about the quality)

AL went away, and then came back, didn't she?

And yes, I thought Carla had done B. Makowsky as well as Tig. Both brands are from the same "stable" aren't they?

I thought that by the time Carla came BM bags had been dropped?

Lottie (who went to be a presenter on IW) used to do Kathy vZ and her husband BM.

I want to apologize for not replying sooner to your very helpful and much appreciated replies. The patient I visit in hospital had to have an emergency operation and has been critically ill since so that situation is all I have been able to think of since I wrote the original post.
Travelon definitely rings a bell, I am sure that was the make I was looking for but now that I have looked it up I am not that struck on the ones they are selling at the moment. I have actually had a rethink and am wondering about a Sak crocheted bag as it might be easier for me, with arthritis, to get things out of one of those. The reviews put me off though as a lot mention loose threads which have to be sewn back in and I couldn't do that. Has anyone on here got one of those bags and if so have you had problems with stitching?

I too have been looking at a sack bag.

On my last 2 holidays I used a crocheted M&S bag which was very roomy but light. There were 2 drawbacks for me, 1 it had no outside pockets and it turned out to be made of woven paper so wasn't cleanable. Unfortunately my fake tan rubbed a bit on it and I can see the marks, they are not bad but I know they are there. I'm thinking of trying to spray it with something, after all what do I have to lose as it was cheap. Actually I see it is in stock shopper £15 and small cross body £12.50 but they don't have the lovely deep blue I bought last year.

I would say that whilst it has a full zip I wouldn't be using it in chancy areas in case it was sliced by pickpockets.

IW sold the Miche bag .I remember the different "shells " they used to sell. Dont think they they lasted very long on there.

Latest posts

Back