High Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To return food you’d have to wait 24 hours till it came out of one end or the other, Lock and Lock it, then ask for a prepaid label, wait a week then trot (pun intended) down the Post Office to return it 😂
Life has become so bizarre this year I wouldn't be surprised to see this happening. Ugh, Gillian McKeith :poop::poop:

I wouldn't waste a lock and lock, i'd bung it in a jiffy bag!

I’m not sure whether QVC actually do accept food back, despite what they say. When I got sent a 3.2kg bag of Lindt balls last year, that I hadn’t ordered, I rang CS and asked for a returns label and told her I wasn’t going to pay for the return postage as I hadn’t actually ordered them. She said “we don’t take food back so have them on us” (or words to that effect.) Maybe it depends on whom you speak to or maybe they’ve been knee deep in returned food and half chewed leftovers in the past and have so decided to change their policy. 😳
I can remember your balls (Lindt) from last year :LOL: It seems like another lifetime, I want to go back 😭

To return food you’d have to wait 24 hours till it came out of one end or the other, Lock and Lock it, then ask for a prepaid label, wait a week then trot (pun intended) down the Post Office to return it 😂
Life has become so bizarre this year I wouldn't be surprised to see this happening. Ugh, Gillian McKeith :poop::poop:

I do believe T her hour is coming up soon, a TSV entitled “How To Read Your Poop”.........oh no now I’m really going to be sick. 🤮

Apparently it was a tough one (not a soft one) because there’s an awful lot of poop to get through at QVC. 😂

With one of my mutts, the old girl on my Avatar, I virtually have to stand at the back of her with the shovel under her bum when she goes out for a poop to stop her eating it. She prefers her snacks warm. 😂
And strangers think she’s glamorous!!!

With one of my mutts, the old girl on my Avatar, I virtually have to stand at the back of her with the shovel under her bum when she goes out for a poop to stop her eating it. She prefers her snacks warm. 😂
And strangers think she’s glamorous!!!

The glamorous bit got me thinking that I wouldn’t put it past the snooty sods at Q to suggest you scoop up your dog poo with a pair of diamoneek tongs and throw it in your Lulu Guinness bag! Hope they don’t read this - it may give them ideas!

I find everything so bliddy sweet. Just had a square of Mr L Cadbury dairy milk and my tongue is stuck to the roof of my mouth it’s so cloying.

We had some of the German biscuits from Lidl and again far too sweet.

is it just me?

No, its not you, but the manufacturing process. All the brands we grew up with have 'sold' out to the big corporates who are based abroad, so there is less milk and more oil in the chocolate, which gives the 'claggy' taste. I always loved my chocolate, but not anymore. My all time favourite was Black Magic when it was produced by Rowntree, and there was lots of nuts and hard centres. Now its made by Nestle and all the old centres are gone, and replaced by god awful muck thats sugary and like you say, 'cloying'. Hard centres and nuts in chocolate boxes are a thing of the past. Even the Quality Street/Heroes/Roses may be alright for the youngsters who don't know anything else, but for our 'vintage' tastebuds they're now a load of rubbish. I tasted the green triangle the other day and almost spat it out it was so oily.

No, its not you, but the manufacturing process. All the brands we grew up with have 'sold' out to the big corporates who are based abroad, so there is less milk and more oil in the chocolate, which gives the 'claggy' taste. I always loved my chocolate, but not anymore. My all time favourite was Black Magic when it was produced by Rowntree, and there was lots of nuts and hard centres. Now its made by Nestle and all the old centres are gone, and replaced by god awful muck thats sugary and like you say, 'cloying'. Hard centres and nuts in chocolate boxes are a thing of the past. Even the Quality Street/Heroes/Roses may be alright for the youngsters who don't know anything else, but for our 'vintage' tastebuds they're now a load of rubbish. I tasted the green triangle the other day and almost spat it out it was so oily.
I know that I'm an eco bore, however, I won't buy things that contain palm oil & buy chocolate from Divine or Cocoa Loco.

My favourites were the chocolate covered Brazil nuts that I used to buy from the Julian Graves shop in the local town, now alas long gone.
My old school operated an exchange programme for those of us who learned German. We each had a pen friend in a twinned German school. We exchanged letters & every year did visits alternating them to us & us to them. All of them were constantly asking for us to send them bars of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk. They could buy Lindt etc but craved Cadbury’s which they couldn’t buy over there.
It’s a completely different product these days.

My MIL used to buy me a box of Brazil nuts every Christmas in the 70’s until her death in 1984 . I can’t remember the brand (not Cadbury or other big brands) and they were yummy. I think she bought them from her Freeman’s catalogue . I found an empty box [ full of old photos) during lockdown but probably chucked it away. I remember they were very expensive (far too much for my pocket). Luckily Mr L is not keen on nuts so I had them all to myself.

I was born and brought up a few miles from Bournville, and my school was close to the Cadbury factory. When the wind was in a certain direction you got a lovely smell of chocolate. We used to say ‘Cadbury’s have opened the doors!’ Cadbury’s chocolate was legendary, but now it’s vile. There have been so many complaints, I’m sure their sales must reflect that.

I was born and brought up a few miles from Bournville, and my school was close to the Cadbury factory. When the wind was in a certain direction you got a lovely smell of chocolate. We used to say ‘Cadbury’s have opened the doors!’ Cadbury’s chocolate was legendary, but now it’s vile. There have been so many complaints, I’m sure their sales must reflect that.

Indeed, I think it's since the Mondelsomething took them over. More sugar, less cocoa & milk. Bleurgh

There was a documentary on last night about Hotel Chocolat. It’s the start of a series. I was given a mini box as a reward from British Gas 😳 and, to be honest, wasn’t that impressed. Considering the fact that it’s usually quite expensive I expected to be “blown away.”.

I agree Toril, its not for me either. Like you I wanted to love it, but for me the chocolate doesn't suit my taste buds. I do however love anything by Charbonnel & Walker, their salted caramel truffles are definitely not for sharing. My taste in everything has got more expensive the older I get :D

Latest posts

Back