Hotel Chocolat TSV 17/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone on here actually own the Lidl milk frother? I was just going to wash mine out to try it but I can’t work out how to remove the little whisk inside at the bottom. I’ve tried pulling and turning it clockwise and anti but it won’t budge. It must be removable because there’s an alternative stirrer thing you can attach. The manual is ridiculously long (and repetitive) for something that should be pretty easy to operate but nowhere does it show how to remove the whisk. I found a couple of “unboxing” videos on YouTube, which also show it in use but the ones they have, although also Lidl ones, were bought earlier in the year and the whisk/stirrer came in a separate little bag, not already fitted as mine was. I’m going to hurl it over the fence if I can’t work it out soon! It is seriously pi55ing me off.

I bet 1/2 the instructions were about safety, such as "Don't put your fingers into the boiling milk" etc etc.

I bet 1/2 the instructions were about safety, such as "Don't put your fingers into the boiling milk" etc etc.
😁 Well, that’s made me laugh at least because yes, you’re right, there are about 100 warnings about electric shock, burns, damage to property, don’t pull the plug out of the socket by the lead, don’t try to lick the whisk while in use... OK, not that last one but if they see this, they might include it in the next edition of the manual, just to add another couple of pages.

Lidl manuals can be found online.
Ah, thanks, ae. I found the online version earlier actually and it was useful for doing a word search to see if any mention was made of removing the little whisk. It wasn’t ... but I did find another video reviewing it and this time the guy took the whisk out to show the camera the size. He wasn’t twisting or anything, just sort of rocking it. So, encouraged, I went back to my frother and this time could remove it. Hooray! I don’t want a frothy drink now so will try the contraption tomorrow.

Ah, thanks, ae. I found the online version earlier actually and it was useful for doing a word search to see if any mention was made of removing the little whisk. It wasn’t ... but I did find another video reviewing it and this time the guy took the whisk out to show the camera the size. He wasn’t twisting or anything, just sort of rocking it. So, encouraged, I went back to my frother and this time could remove it. Hooray! I don’t want a frothy drink now so will try the contraption tomorrow.

AAW - - - go on - - - you know you want to try it really :)

Did it work? Was it as frothy as you wanted? Did you lick the whizzer?
Ha, yes! It worked well. I made a lighter froth earlier for on top of a coffee and have literally just made the thicker, creamier version to go on top of a skinny hot chocolate. I need to just put the minimum amount of milk in, I realise. I don’t need the full 150ml. I don’t know about making hot chocolate entirely in it. I’m not brave enough yet.

And how very dare you - this is a whizzer-licking-free zone!

I only buy instant chocolate powder to mix with water as I like my hot chocolate like that but: I accidentally bought Sainsburys taste the difference hot chocolate and thought it was a powder but it was Belgium chocolate drops that you whisk it in to any milk it was ok not too sweet or milky

Latest posts

Back