Hotel Chocolat TSV 17/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like an exact knock-off!

I wonder if it works by magnetism (like the HC), or has the frother spring sticking up inside the jug (like the Lidl)?

If you add on all the sachets in the TSV deal (supposedly worth £26) and the (unwanted) mugs worth £20, then probably not much difference in the cost of the machine.

Neither OH or myself like the mugs, so they are unwanted items to find somewhere to store them.

It won’t be live for about another week.
Ah, thanks. I am not too familiar with Aldi’s methods.

The Aldi one looks exactly the same and yes it appears to be sold out in both colours.
It does, doesn’t it? Knowing Aldi, it will be as good, too. If I’d known about it, I would maybe have held off on the Lidl frother. Then again, the Lidl frother was half the price and it might be ok for my purposes. Sounds like the results are mainly dependent on what you make the hot choc with. I could actually buy both and still be quids in, although sans les sachets de chocolat. Thought I’d throw a bit of French in there to keep up with the brand woman who keeps calling it “hot chocolat” just because it’s made by Hotel Chocolat, even though it’s a British company.

It will be in stock on 29th Nov.as it is a special buy.k Looks like it maybe order on line only, but don’t know yet. It does look exactly like the hotel chocolate one doesn’t it?

When Aldi do things they do them well that’s why you get a three year no quibble guarantee, so yeah this’ll definitely be a winner 👍😃❤️

Seems to be available for pre-order online NOW (just had an email from them).

You can order online before it arrives in their stores, but they don't send it until the stores get them.

It should be free PP.

Seems to be available for pre-order online NOW (just had an email from them).

You can order online before it arrives in their stores, but they don't send it until the stores get them.

It should be free PP.
I had an email just now about the latest Specialbuys but it is not on the list. When I go to the item page, it still says ”online only“ and “sold out” and there’s no BUY button. I must not be special enough 🙁

I had an email just now about the latest Specialbuys but it is not on the list. When I go to the item page, it still says ”online only“ and “sold out” and there’s no BUY button. I must not be special enough 🙁

It is in the leaflet, so may be sold out online, or not there to order yet, so I don't know.

A bit like trying to order a QVC TSV before the date, you may have the link, but it says it has sold out., but it isn't really, you just can't order it yet.

But if it is in the leaflet. it should be in the stores on that date, but may sell out early.

It says on the details 'On Sale Date 29 Nov 2020' so perhaps they are not releasing it for sale till then or perhaps that might be when it's in store.

Could you contact their customer service and ask them?

It says on the details 'On Sale Date 29 Nov 2020' so perhaps they are not releasing it for sale till then or perhaps that might be when it's in store.

Could you contact their customer service and ask them?
Where does it say from 29th, please? I’m really confused now as I’ve just been reading about this on hotukdeals.com and lots of people on that forum were buying it in the early hours of Sunday, up until late morning, I think. They all seem to be suggesting that’s it now, sold out. Mind you, someone on the thread keeps saying the Lidl frother is a Black Friday deal at £7.50 but they are £19.99 in the leaflet and in store. I don’t know what to believe!

Where does it say from 29th, please? I’m really confused now as I’ve just been reading about this on hotukdeals.com and lots of people on that forum were buying it in the early hours of Sunday, up until late morning, I think. They all seem to be suggesting that’s it now, sold out. Mind you, someone on the thread keeps saying the Lidl frother is a Black Friday deal at £7.50 but they are £19.99 in the leaflet and in store. I don’t know what to believe!

On the right hand side under the warranty, as I said it might be worth contacting customer service to either enquire or compalin.

On the right hand side under the warranty, as I said it might be worth contacting customer service to either enquire or compalin.
Thanks, SusieSue. I might try CS but expect they’re overrun like many retailers. In the cold light of day, I’m wondering why I’m obsessing about this anyway now! I didn’t even look at the HC one on QVC, not just because of the price tag but because I didn’t consider I might want/use one. Then I see a “bargain” - ie something that looks the same and probably is about as good, for much less money, and I decide I have to have it. It’s a weakness of mine and why I end up with so much stuff.

I shall ponder but I can probably talk myself out of this urge. I think last night I was just getting wound up by the confusion around availability and timescales. Whether or not I still pursue this hot choc maker, I will have to get to the bottom of the Aldi system for when in future I really do want or need something.

Last edited:
The demonstrations of the velvetiser are becoming as regular as the Dyson hair gadgets. Together with loads of mukluks shows, it looks as though QVC is stuck on repeat.

The demonstrations of the velvetiser are becoming as regular as the Dyson hair gadgets. Together with loads of mukluks shows, it looks as though QVC is stuck on repeat.
That is true. Just like Dyson, as you say. For someone who hardly ever watches QVC, I am seeing an awful lot of it. Andi Peters, Dale and that woman drinking “hot chocolat“ again last night.

Thanks, SusieSue. I might try CS but expect they’re overrun like many retailers. In the cold light of day, I’m wondering why I’m obsessing about this anyway now! I didn’t even look at the HC one on QVC, not just because of the price tag but because I didn’t consider I might want/use one. Then I see a “bargain” - ie something that looks the same and probably is about as good, for much less money, and I decide I have to have it. It’s a weakness of mine and why I end up with so much stuff.

I shall ponder but I can probably talk myself out of this urge. I think last night I was just getting wound up by the confusion around availability and timescales. Whether or not I still pursue this hot choc maker, I will have to get to the bottom of the Aldi system for when in future I really do want or need something.
I know exactly what you mean AndiK

I got the recent Shay & Blue TSV, I ordered it at the 9pm launch then spent a sleepless night worrying that I hadn't chosen auto delivery, not because I wanted it but because it was a good price!

I know exactly what you mean AndiK

I got the recent Shay & Blue TSV, I ordered it at the 9pm launch then spent a sleepless night worrying that I hadn't chosen auto delivery, not because I wanted it but because it was a good price!
I think we’re beyond help! In all seriousness, I am better than I was and quite often this forum helps as not only do people have the same “issue” so we can empathise and reason with each other (sometimes!) but also, there’s always someone here to remind us why we don’t need something, or where it’s cheaper, or just call things a load of cr4p, which has been known to bring me back to reality when I need it!

I see the velvetiser is part of John Lewis Black Friday deals, not a lot off it.

BTW my present (sent direct ) arrived has been used and seem to be pleased with it but still no paperwork it it had need to be returned.

I see the velvetiser is part of John Lewis Black Friday deals, not a lot off it.

BTW my present (sent direct ) arrived has been used and seem to be pleased with it but still no paperwork it it had need to be returned.
I believe that goods can still be returned, even if there’s no paperwork. You just write all the details on a piece of paper and put it in the parcel. You’d need your name, address, account number, item number and price and the order date and those details are all on your account.

You could always ring CS to check that though.

Does anyone on here actually own the Lidl milk frother? I was just going to wash mine out to try it but I can’t work out how to remove the little whisk inside at the bottom. I’ve tried pulling and turning it clockwise and anti but it won’t budge. It must be removable because there’s an alternative stirrer thing you can attach. The manual is ridiculously long (and repetitive) for something that should be pretty easy to operate but nowhere does it show how to remove the whisk. I found a couple of “unboxing” videos on YouTube, which also show it in use but the ones they have, although also Lidl ones, were bought earlier in the year and the whisk/stirrer came in a separate little bag, not already fitted as mine was. I’m going to hurl it over the fence if I can’t work it out soon! It is seriously pi55ing me off.

Latest posts

Back