"House of Kimbie" - Ellis, really?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to like her but the past few years she has become a tad patronising. The silly singing, the chicolinos references, the nonsense when doing the visage seeking compliments that she doesn’t look her age. It all feels a bit meh. She seems to have lost her authenticity.

Agreed - she's gone from one of the best, to one of the worst presenters, rapidly.

Wow. I've screenshot a few wrong prices over the last few weeks and that was only for items on my wishlist. I sent one of these "load from code" items into Jeff. He said Katie at crashed the price by £200 yet the final price was more than the website. It was only £6 but it proves to me it's all garbage.
One specific item was a Tanzanite AAA ring at £638. They did a 30% sale yet the same ring went up to

I've noticed that many times. I sent in one of those codes to Jeff where he said Katie was in a good mood and reduced the item by £200. Yet it was still more than the website. Only by £6 but it's still the proof that they can't be trusted.
I've had 1 ring on my wishlist @ £638, the price has now shot up to £1607. Big jump 😜

If you ever see this happen again, please let me know the item code, date and time you saw it on TV, and the final price.

They've had a warning for this already - so it should have stopped months ago. If it is continuing, I shall notify the ASA.

I used to like her but the past few years she has become a tad patronising. The silly singing, the chicolinos references, the nonsense when doing the visage seeking compliments that she doesn’t look her age. It all feels a bit meh. She seems to have lost her authenticity.
I agree, I liked her in the beginning. But, as well as the above, what puts me off as much is the constant, “‘let’s show you how to order’”.

Ellis likes to pretend she's all smiley, jokey, happy-go-lucky, "Oh, I'm a harmless, scatty old lady, me", but she's anything but.

Calling posters on here "trolls" because she can't take criticism isn't a look that jibes with her on-camera persona. Neither was that time she went on a rant last year defending Sloth's neverending jadeite mountain.

The funniest was her first shift back after going off with COVID for the second time. Or possibly the third. I tuned in partway though her show, and despite not really paying attention I noticed that she was continually talking about coming back from having the thing. She was on doing Destello with Hattie guesting, but was talking more about her illness, in a jokey way, than the items being brought to air.

That made start paying attention, because even Hattie couldn't get a word in. Then a text flashed up on screen, basically saying that if the sender had drunk an alcoholic drink each time Ellis had mentioned COVID so far, they'd be on the floor, unconscious.

Ellis started reading it, then clammed up once she realised what it said. Hattie started talking about whatever plastic monstrosity was currently for sale, when Ellis, face like a slapped bum, loudly declared that she wouldn't discuss her recent illness again.

It remains one of the best things I have ever seen on shopping telly. 🤩

Then a text flashed up on screen, basically saying that if the sender had drunk an alcoholic drink each time Ellis had mentioned COVID so far, they'd be on the floor, unconscious.
LOL. Now, do you think that was a dig at Ellis for not talking about the show-proper from the folks in the gallery. A 'polite see if she notices' shut up and get on with it.

LOL. Now, do you think that was a dig at Ellis for not talking about the show-proper from the folks in the gallery. A 'polite see if she notices' shut up and get on with it.

I'm surprised it got through, because they usually filter out any negative messages - despite their claims that messages are put on screen 'at random'.

Oh, and Hi Ellis! I saw your dig at us again today.

I see you've still forgotten to apologise about that Tanzanite ring you misled viewers with though......................

Is is amnesia you suffer with, or selective reading?
What now? Perhaps that's why Ellis shows so many VTs in her shifts: so she can keep up with what people say about her online.

Personally, I am hoping that she tells us viewers how to buy from the channel, because I find that really confusing... 😴

What now? Perhaps that's why Ellis shows so many VTs in her shifts: so she can keep up with what people say about her online.

Personally, I am hoping that she tells us viewers how to buy from the channel, because I find that really confusing... 😴

That's EXACTLY what her dig was about :ROFLMAO:

She must have read the post about the amount of times she has VT's shown. Yesterday, she told 'Christiano' to show the 'show everyone how to buy' VT - then she quipped "I know some of you out there don't like them - but I don't care, we're always getting new viewers tuning in".

Well yes, there may well be new viewers tuning in all the time - but they don't all suffer from amnesia and need reminding every ten minutes. Also, once those 'new viewers' hear on of Troth's monotone boring lectures and umpteen 30-second clocks, they'll soon become 'old viewer's and switch to QVC instead.

"I know some of you out there don't like them - but I don't care, we're always getting new viewers tuning in".
Oooo, snotty :p Maybe she knows something behind the scenes about the company and is becoming less professional for that reason. I mean, if you are fed up of a job, or know it is 'going', you might be a bit off, more often.

Oooo, snotty :p Maybe she knows something behind the scenes about the company and is becoming less professional for that reason. I mean, if you are fed up of a job, or know it is 'going', you might be a bit off, more often.

I think she just thinks she's being smart and, because of her TV experience, see's herself as the being the backbone of all the Gemporia presenters.

However, she lost all credibility when she misled viewers about that Tanzanite ring, that got them a strike from the ASA, - all while she bangs on about her 'game of trust'.

Being told to trust someone that has been warned for misleading by the ASA is akin to being told to trust medical advice given by Harold Shipman.

Latest posts

Back