How Bid sells "precious highly prozed gemstone jewellery" confused you will be!...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nikki

Registered Shopper
How Bid sells "precious highly prozed gemstone jewellery" confused you will be!...

Sorry guys there was a problem with the uploaded pics before, so the thread was deleted at my request so that I can get it right this time, (this blasted flu is addling my brain or praps it coz I'm watching too much Bid TV stuck at home lol).
As we are all well aware a triplet opal is a tiny fraction of the price of a top quality firey solid one. As Peter Simon says "Please...allow me to take you on a journey"....(You may have to click on the pics to enlarge them to see the array of prices & descriptions lol)...
Anyway, whilst flicking through last nite I saw Mike Mason sell an opal ring like this...
3-F46C4EDB-1388366-800.jpg
(Imagine the classical music, phone lines were locked initially to prevent those pesky dealers coming in and multibuying them all up at £97.40)

Then SHOCK, astonishment...(Lay it on thick Mikey you may get an equity card for this preformance), the price drops to...
4-B8517BCF-1219041-800.jpg

However on the website the ring is described as a "TRIPLET" NOT "TRIPLE PROTECTED" and sold like this....(At the same time the ring is on air in Bid naturally lol)
4-E9600C26-1718190-800.jpg

Oh and this...
2-3CA2BEAE-1505556-800.jpg

Whilst flicking through the channels I noticed that on Sky 665, speed auction, Bid's sister channel the same ring was sold like this...A triplet opal at £39.99
2-E8F71986-1291720-800.jpg

Confused??? Hilariously incompetent but the serious side is the dreadful way 100's of people were totally duped/conned as there were 2 more sales of opals using the same triple protected tactic! I have reported this to the ASA & have offered these pictures and of the other 2 presentations by return of e-mail. If that results in being another light telling off then I'm sending all the correspondence and pictures to my MP. It's utterly shameful having blatant cons like this on TV!

Last edited:
I can't believe anybody buys jewellery from them. They never give a proper description of what you might be buying and more often than not, you only see it on the huge plasma screen.

I flicked on to Gemstv the other night and they were showing some earrings. They showed them live and put them on posts up to their ears to show how they would look on. I noticed that their postage was £2.95 per day too!!

I haven't watched them for ages but I have had some lovely jewellery off them over the years, including opals :happy:

I can't believe anybody buys jewellery from them. They never give a proper description of what you might be buying and more often than not, you only see it on the huge plasma screen.

I flicked on to Gemstv the other night and they were showing some earrings. They showed them live and put them on posts up to their ears to show how they would look on. I noticed that their postage was £2.95 per day too!!

I haven't watched them for ages but I have had some lovely jewellery off them over the years, including opals :happy:

Yes Momma I got some beautiful things from Gems, including huge silver gem necklaces, astoundingly good value condidering how silver has gone up. I wonder how long the gold overlay will last on these offerings? My guess is a month- 6 weeks at most lol x

Yes Momma I got some beautiful things from Gems, including huge silver gem necklaces, astoundingly good value condidering how silver has gone up. I wonder how long the gold overlay will last on these offerings? My guess is a month- 6 weeks at most lol x

I was thinking more just Christmas day :giggle:

I was thinking more just Christmas day :giggle:
Haha yeh, bit of booze spills on it whooops!! Awww but think of the days that start of as engagements & end up as flaming rows with the blokes being branded as cheapskates! 1 poor bugga bought 7 of them on multibuy according to Mikey.

Haha yeh, bit of booze spills on it whooops!! Awww but think of the days that start of as engagements & end up as flaming rows with the blokes being branded as cheapskates! 1 poor bugga bought 7 of them on multibuy according to Mikey.

7?? sounds like a Jeremy Kyle situation................oh, of course, to sell on :wink:

7?? sounds like a Jeremy Kyle situation................oh, of course, to sell on :wink:
Exactly! Buy, em, pile 'em high, sell 'em on lol. Awww it's a shame tho' I can imagine some poor young guy buying one for his GF thinking he's got the deal of the decade. Oh well he'll live & learn once he's had a row about the tatt he's bought her x.

Latest posts

Back