Ideal World Archives - Revealed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

First reflection is the older blooper videos from ok 20 years show one thing

The channel used to be fun, that has barely been seen for a number of years

The 2018 video released today is brilliantly done

taking the mick out of the megadeal bundles got me

lots of clever creative people involved

The 2001 Wizard Christmas promo looks like a combination of the Clangers' set and the murderous dwarf from Don't Look Now...

And Simon Biagi was on Ideal World?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a few years ago watching the Cruise Show and they were talking about a cruise to Alaska. Can't remember the presenter's name but he said when they went to Alaska he took his wife up the inside passage. His face was a picture as someone must have said something into his earpiece and the guy from Planet Cruise was nearly wetting himself, the presenters face was a mixture of trying not to laugh and looking horrified.
In case anyone is wondering there is an inner and outer passage on Alaska cruises.

Sad to watch it. It was quite a competent well-presented channel back in those early 2010s days. Not the mockery of a travesty of a sham of a show trial it ended being.

I know I said it further up but the creativity put into these videos shows they had plenty of talent through the background team over the years

Is sad they couldn't utilise/value that for longer

You also witness how cheap and nasty the whole thing had got in its latter days. From the minimal quality promos to the studio, even. That's without even mentioning the deterioration in the selling techniques. Everything looked low cost and with little effort at the end. Like the whole thing had lost respect for itself. Some real quality stuff, though, back in the 2010s.

Latest posts

Back