I'm missing....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
the CATWALK !

There are too many distractions with all the 'stuff' and colours littering the studio. Its almost a jungle of clutter with the faux plants in garish pots, the nursery coloured pedestals, and the printed frocks in the mix just becomes a mish mash of colour. The white and grey was easier on the eye.

the CATWALK !

There are too many distractions with all the 'stuff' and colours littering the studio. Its almost a jungle of clutter with the faux plants in garish pots, the nursery coloured pedestals, and the printed frocks in the mix just becomes a mish mash of colour. The white and grey was easier on the eye.
Brissles I couldn’t agree more and have posted such about this before.
I got told by Ian it was the ‘Feeling Good Together’ theme I think it was.
Well I don‘t think I feel good together about the studio theme it distracts and over powers what they are trying to flog. Will help me not to purchase the on air stuff they are showing with all the coloured blocks, moving colours in the background screens, tables and stands full of potted plants etc getting in the way.

It's ridiculous, I agree. If you're trying to sell something, don't let your customers be distracted by something in the background. Remember how Jamie Oliver started out - he was there in the background of a River Cafe tv show but he was so animated that I was watching him rather than the chef and the TV producers also saw something in him, too, and he became more famous than the River Cafe.

Remember, QVC - it's the product, stoopid!

I agree with that - spend less time worrying about the pot plants and paraphernalia and get on with showing the clothes. My observation now is that they seem to send out one model, one size, and one colourway. Sending Claire out in the blue won’t remotely help a size 10 customer see how the red might look on her will it? And it works both ways. Have more than one model wearing each outfit fgs!

I agree with that - spend less time worrying about the pot plants and paraphernalia and get on with showing the clothes. My observation now is that they seem to send out one model, one size, and one colourway. Sending Claire out in the blue won’t remotely help a size 10 customer see how the red might look on her will it? And it works both ways. Have more than one model wearing each outfit fgs!
Talking about sizing, the Radio $ prog yesterday "More or Less" dealt with the ridiculous sizing of bras. Every maker uses different criteria, and in any case the sizes and cup sizes were set up so long ago that they are no longer relevant, and it was a stupid system even when it was set up.

Interesting to listen to if you have bra fitting problems, although I have neve had any problems myself.

EDIT - - - I was going to put up a link, but can't find the programme. Perhaps I got the day wrong, or even the programme name (I listen to R4 most of the day when I am home) but I definitely heard it recently.

Last edited:
That's a good point ! and the camera work is becoming rubbish. Lingering on an item for ages while the presenters talk about other colours which we are never shown. Those in the Gallery guiding the cameras must be busy telling jokes in the presenter's ears.

No end of times a BA has looked at the monitor to see if what they are talking is on air, but no it takes an age before the shot actually registers to us at home. Surely technology works quicker than that.

Talking about sizing, the Radio $ prog yesterday "More or Less" dealt with the ridiculous sizing of bras. Every maker uses different criteria, and in any case the sizes and cup sizes were set up so long ago that they are no longer relevant, and it was a stupid system even when it was set up.

Interesting to listen to if you have bra fitting problems, although I have neve had any problems myself.

EDIT - - - I was going to put up a link, but can't find the programme. Perhaps I got the day wrong, or even the programme name (I listen to R4 most of the day when I am home) but I definitely heard it recently.

LINK

the CATWALK !

just noticed it looks like a bundelberry set of Bits n Bobs

The Q has also become obsessed with using two images of the same model dressed in different colours in the same shot; the first time I saw this happen was when smirking Sally kept walking in a circle & appeared from behind a scene in a different version of a TSV.

One of the shows yesterday, I think, had Patrick Hoy stood at the side of a clothes rail with an oddly positioned plastic potted palm next to it. Nearly every time that he leant over to the rail, the plant was in the most awkward of places. Yet no one thought to move it out of the way.

It all smacks of desperation. Even Chuntley appears to have given up and that's saying something. Not so long ago it was a different swishy hairstyle with every tv appearance, and posing endlessly in the monitor. Now she appears to have put on weight, her fashion choices leave a lot to be desired and her hair has been the same for months.

Oh dear. It happens to us all - I'm just glad I never chose to put myself on display as they did.

Latest posts

Back