Is this a good idea???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s a ridiculous idea in my opinion. You could dry brushes with a micro fibre cloth or air dry them.

However, I use the brush cleaner that the guy off The Apprentice invented but I bought it elsewhere at a lower price than QVC (no surprise there 😉) and it’s very good.

The towel thing can hold up to 32 brushes. I haven’t got 32 brush so, for me, it would be a waste of money for a “novelty” item. If I’ve understood the blurb correctly, it’s also wipe clean only which doesn’t seem very practical.

Browsing the new beauty items and came across this. Is this solving a problem or just a ridiculous idea? Interested to hear your thoughts.

I think it's a great idea if you're really into your make up and use a whole multitude of brushes and believe what they say about it being better to dry them upside down. It isn't a silly price either, having said that, the wipe clean only aspect pretty much makes what I've said null and void, it's bound to become manky looking after a while and wiping a fabric surface isn't gonna work is it?!!! To be fair I'm sure if you wanted to you could knock up something similar using washable fabric and a couple of bits of elastic. Good idea in principle!

It certainly solves a very specific problem (drying washed brushes at all is hard - upside down is nearly impossible) but the actual thing is just too big. And as Toril points out, it holds 32 brushes. Very few people have over 30 brushes or wash them at the same time so it’s overkill. I could have been very slightly tempted had it been for 8 or 10 and about 15cm square (and under a tenner all in) but most of all, I am completely put off by it not being washable. How can you “wipe off” the inevitable makeup-y water marks that will be left behind? It will probably be in Clearance in a few months.

I‘d be more likely to go for something like this (but I’m not going to).

Last edited:
I wash my brushes in make up remover,rinse squeeze out excess water,using a bit of string or cotton tie the brush up and hang over the top of the heated towel rail. I wash the brushes when the towel rail is just warm or if I'm doing washing hang outside on the line.

Latest posts

Back