Jemma Kidd masterclass book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sarahliz langas

Registered Shopper
I'm a big fan of QVC but the mark up on this book is mental - i have just purchased it from Amazon for just £14.13 with free delivery!!!!! I know you get a lip gloss with the one from QVC but £33.50 plus 35.45 makes it £38.95 thats £24.82 for a ****** lipgloss!!!!!!

Sarah

Ps not one to bitch but what has AY done to her hair!!!!!!

I was looking forward to the show, but was not overly impressed with the make-up. Itseemed very over-prioced and the models looked very pale and washed out. The lipsticks in pink, coral and peach looked soi devoid of colour that I don't know why anyone would want to buy them. I am glad that I was not in the least tempted as I have put myself on a bit of a QVC spending ban for the next few months!

LLE - I had opposite opinion, I thought they looked really natural but healthy. I thought they were quite poor about telling you which colours would suit who, but they were better in the hour with AY than in the one with JR.

I have the primer & cheek colours on cheque hold but had to go have a look on the internet at other webpages to find out which one would suit me!

Yeh they always mark up the books think the Liz Earle one & Bobbi Brown ones were marked up too!! Think I will go have a look on Amazon : )

LLE - I had opposite opinion, I thought they looked really natural but healthy.

Yeh they always mark up the books think the Liz Earle one & Bobbi Brown ones were marked up too!! Think I will go have a look on Amazon : )

I agree about the colours - very natural and as someone normally considered 'pale and washed out' thought it was a pleasure to see models not tanned to distraction!
As for the books - the RRP is quoted at around £23 - not sure what the cover price is. So many large companies like Amazon put such huge discounts on books these days it is always going to make everyone else look a bit expensive. They demand really high discounts from the publishers too and that is how they do it!

I liked the look of this range but I too thought the models looked a bit washed out.
Now that is a rarity as the models usually all like they have been tangoed, especially
if it is LGs range.
It must be hard getting it just right though as the studio lights so easily drain
your complexion, so maybe they look fab in natural light.
They makeup did at least look natural and wearable. I liked the look of the book
and it has got great reviews. I will buy from AMAZON though!

I've been "Lovehearted" :sun: so I logged onto my local library and have reserved the book for 50p. I'll buy it later if I think it's one that I (or my daughter) will want to refer back to again and again.

I found the range, with lots of the same items/colours, in a supermarket chain in Florida. At least half the QVC prices even though I had a poor exchange rate.

JK herself wasn't much of an advert for her own range, I thought she looked very ordinary.

Linda :hi:

Don't they sell JK make-up in Boots? I'm sure I've seen it in my local store (although admittedly it was last year when I spotted it so maybe they have stopped stocking it now ...??)

I think there are two types, ordinary and pro.

I have seen JK in Boots but think it is the lower priced one, the most expensive one is sold in Space NK but thought I read it was getting dropped?!?

I thought she looked lovely for someone who has just given birth to twins. She looked dewy and natural, that classic 'noughties' model look.

Boots sell the cheaper "fashion" range; Space NK sell the Pro range, as do QVC.

Don't they sell JK make-up in Boots? I'm sure I've seen it in my local store (although admittedly it was last year when I spotted it so maybe they have stopped stocking it now ...??)

Disappeared out of Boots over a year ago. Have to say the products in SpaceNK look exactly the same as the ones sold in Boots. I walk past the stand in SpaceNK nothing looks of interest or jumps out to attrach your attention.

Latest posts

Back