Jesus Christ Superstar

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Since the lockdown started, Sky Arts has been on Freeview, and I've found quite a few programmes to enjoy.
Tonight they had a film of a performance in New York from 2018 with John Legend as Jesus, and Alice Cooper as Herod. They created a theatre for it in a disused Armory building, a Huuuge stage! After yet more covid gloom it was just what I needed. JCS passed me by through school, but it has sooo many familiar songs. Great staging and thoroughly enjoyable to watch and listen to.
Has anyone else seen it?

I’ve also got Freeview and discovered Sky Arts after re-scanning my box. I watched the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables over Christmas and have recorded Jesus Christ Superstar to watch later. I saw both shows in London and loved both of them. As I said, I’ve not yet watched JCS but, knowing the music, I’m really looking forward to sitting down to enjoy it.

I now check to see what is on, as it tends to be things that interest me. Hope you enjoy it when you watch.
I saw Les Mis on the West End with Frances Ruffelle as Éponine, so right back in 1985!! I have never fancied the film version, so I hope they may be rebroadcast that concert.

The concert has apparently been on a few times, according to my friend, so it would probably be worth keeping an eye on the schedules.

Latest posts

Back