Kipling colour makes all the difference

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I was changing my bag yesterday as I have recently ordered my favourite Defea in 2 new colours whilst they are only £35 on Amazon. I have a leather defea already in French Navy and a while back I had it in a mid blue colour that was very violetty blue and bright. I rarely used this one because the colour did not "feel" right with the style. Having just received the Defea in Heather Olive and Blaze Yellow (a saffronny- mustard yellow) I notice how much better the bag seems in these shades. As if the Defea was "meant" to be utilitarian and looks best in sludgy earthy shades.

I know kipling is famous for its range of colours as a selling point but maybe, rather than churning out every bag in the same colours every season they should consider the style of the bag and select the colour to suit it.

Anyone else have a favourite style in a few colours- do you feel drawn to the bag in one colour over the others? I also like the Reth but haven't found best colour for it yet. The Bagsational is lovely in port red- not a colour I would normaly like at all but in this style it looks really good. Don't think it would look good in heather olive, whereas the Defea does.

Last edited:
Depends on the type of person you are. I loathe the dark sludgy colours and prints that Kipling have produced in the last few years, but when Kipling first aired years ago, their colour palette was all brights and citrus colours, so the small collection I have are in those colours, like lime green, sky blue, rose pink. The styles were more innovative then I think. I have a fabulous small cross body (north to south) that I use constantly when travelling. No name but the serial no. is 4.002020S5.101. Nothing like it has ever been produced since. So I do believe they play safe now with colours and styles.

To be honest if I fancy a new Kipling, I trawl e-bay for the older designs, to get something a 'bit different'.

I trawl ebay, too. First of all I went through a phase of ordering a colour because I hadn't got it but I never used those bags because it was too much hassle to keep changing and I sold them on ebay. The one I stick with now is the first style I bought, the Europa, a nice big bag with pockets (£19 on ebay). I've got it in 2 colours, the ebay one and one from qvc. The newest one nearest in shape to it is the Gabbie but I'll wait till it's on ebay before I order any more, if I ever do, because they just don't wear out and the ones I have do what I want.

Going off topic but I think Weathergirls's theory also applies to cars, I love those pale yellow Minis but other cars just wouldn't look right in that colour.

QVC rip off yet again. "New Today"- Bagsational. QVC price £80 plus £5.95 postage. Available in Blaze Yellow,Port Red, Blue Snake and black.

Amazon price £41.50 for the black and the blaze yellow. £46.50 for blue snake. £63 for Port Red. All with free delivery.

Latest posts

Back