Lidl beauty box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I don’t know if you have seen it in the press but Lidl are trialling a new beauty box, which will be available online only (they haven’t had online orders before as far as I know - Aldi did but stopped). It’s Lidl’s own Cien range which is not as extensive as Aldi’s Lacura but, similarly, it is mostly copies of big brands.

IMG_5338.jpeg

The box is available to buy tomorrow (Thursday 9th May) and goes live at 10.00am. No idea how much P&P will be but the box is priced at £2.00 (worth £70)! I don’t think I’m even going to try because surely the site will crash at 10.01am! Proceeds go to NSPCC. Why they don’t charge £10 or something to make more for charity, I’ve no idea. It would still sell out. I thought the £2.00 price stated was an error and it should say £20 but all the press say the same.

Well, I was on the iPad just before 10 and thought I’d try the website out of curiosity. I was watching the timer tick down to 10.00am, the purchase buttons came up, so I clicked Pay and it straight away said Sold Out. We’re talking 5 seconds after 10’clock! When I refreshed the screen, I was put in a queue, with a message saying to keep the page open and I’d be able to proceed with payment when it was my turn. Seems a lot of people online did this and we all got the same result: “Sorry, Sold Out”. I didn’t expect to get it so I’m not bothered but a lot of people are livid!

Well, I was on the iPad just before 10 and thought I’d try the website out of curiosity. I was watching the timer tick down to 10.00am, the purchase buttons came up, so I clicked Pay and it straight away said Sold Out. We’re talking 5 seconds after 10’clock! When I refreshed the screen, I was put in a queue, with a message saying to keep the page open and I’d be able to proceed with payment when it was my turn. Seems a lot of people online did this and we all got the same result: “Sorry, Sold Out”. I didn’t expect to get it so I’m not bothered but a lot of people are livid!
I happened to see this link just around 10 and thought, Oh I'll have a look. So at 2 mins past 10 I just got 'sold out'. I wonder how many they actually had.

Oh, alisonwt, 10.02 was FAR too late! ;) But seriously, nobody seems to be saying how many were available. Or indeed how anyone managed to get one! There are a few for sale on eBay, all around the £50 mark, at least one of which was listed days ago and some as “verified/confirmed order” so either staff or very, very lucky! (They’ve all got 40+ watchers but I don’t see any takers so far.)

It seems Lidl were overwhelmed. Well, durrrr! They must have seen it coming. It’s all publicity, I guess, but I’m not sure the best kind as so many people are just angry in their disappointment.

Latest posts

Back