Lynn

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Lynn is going full-on solo with all her chakra brainwashing. She's had stalls at exhibitions, etc - so I suspect that she sources her stones from Chalmers Gems and 'bundles them up' into her chakra kit things that she sells. I suspect her 'TV presenting' will be things like Facebook lives or a TikTok shop to sell her wares.

There's no chance on earth that Lynn would last five minutes at QVC. Lynn gets away with a lot because she's been at Gemporia for years - but she's as bad as Lindsey Carr for spouting absolute nonsense. Lynn has been at Gemporia since day one - yet she still says these two things that are 100% false.

"You'll receive your order in a couple of days" - no Lynn, no they won't. It's at least 3 days if they're VERY lucky - but usually 4 or 5 days is the norm.

And this one really bugs me:

"We don't take payment until your order is ready for dispatch" - this has NEVER been the case. Quite often, when I've placed an order, the payment has been taken and it's showing as "pending" in my bank account straight after midnight.

Someone messaged in a few weeks ago and specifically said to Lynn "Hi Lynn. I really like this piece - but I don't get paid until a couple of days time".

Lynn replied "Don't worry - you can still get it. We don't take payment until your order has been dispatched" - which is wrong.

If Gemporia tried to take payment after midnight, then that customer will have had an email saying that they tried to take payment but were unsuccessful.

How she's got away with that for so long is completely baffling.
You are absolutely correct. When I did buy from Gemporia, it showed as pending on my credit card straight away.

I agree if it was seen as profitable they would have kept it. Some of Destello items were very nice. Visage still seen as viable. I was surprised that Destello was wound down.

Destello and Gem Aura's were quite easy to take 'in house' though I imagine. The Kimbie range that has taken over from Gem Aura's is pretty much Gem Aura's as it was - just under a different name. The packaging and products are identical to before - so they're clearly coming from the same supplier.

Destello wasn't exactly rocket science to bring 'in house' either. A lot of Hattie's handbags, etc were available through Ali Express without the 'Destello' logos. They were simply buying it in bulk from China, having the Destello logo put on (many manufacturers will put logos on if you buy in bulk), putting on their profit margin, and selling it on. I suspect a lot of the clothing was also available to buy in bulk with the option of having a logo on to resell. Hattie used to say she had 'spent a lot of time designing this' - but she was simply sourcing it.

Many of us have found the 'Kimbie' stuff on Temu and AliExpress too - so, again, its just stuff that is already out in the public domain - it's just being bought in from China in bulk, rebadged to make it look exclusive, and then re-sold under the 'Kimbie' brand.

Gemporia presenters refer to this new Kimbie woman as a 'designer' - but her LinkedIn profile and the Kimbie webpage both openly say that she is a 'sourcer'. The two things are entirely different.

So, to get to the point, anyone can 'source' things in bulk from China and resell it. There's no special skills, design or development involved.

This is where Visage is a bit different from Gem Aura's and Destello. Kati Elliott IS Visage. She's played a part in the development of her products. She's been part of ensuring that product A is compatible with product B, etc. She's been out to the factory (she's posted videos on her Instagram as proof too). She also comes from a make-up background, and actually 'knows' make up. That was her job before she started working in the jewellery industry.

I think Visage is a passion for Kati - she believes in her products and uses them herself - whereas with Hattie, Destello comes across as just a bit of a money earner on the side because there is no chance on earth that Hattie would have been seen dead in some of the hideous clothing that she sold. Some of it looked really cheap and tacky, and some of it looked very "something your gran would wear". Even Ellis looked embarrassed showing and describing some of it - and Ellis happily sings, says or does 'cringeworthy' things on-air, and has talked about wetting herself in the past - so embarrassment isn't something you'd usually associate with Ellis.

Destello and Gem Aura's were quite easy to take 'in house' though I imagine. The Kimbie range that has taken over from Gem Aura's is pretty much Gem Aura's as it was - just under a different name. The packaging and products are identical to before - so they're clearly coming from the same supplier.

Destello wasn't exactly rocket science to bring 'in house' either. A lot of Hattie's handbags, etc were available through Ali Express without the 'Destello' logos. They were simply buying it in bulk from China, having the Destello logo put on (many manufacturers will put logos on if you buy in bulk), putting on their profit margin, and selling it on. I suspect a lot of the clothing was also available to buy in bulk with the option of having a logo on to resell. Hattie used to say she had 'spent a lot of time designing this' - but she was simply sourcing it.

Many of us have found the 'Kimbie' stuff on Temu and AliExpress too - so, again, its just stuff that is already out in the public domain - it's just being bought in from China in bulk, rebadged to make it look exclusive, and then re-sold under the 'Kimbie' brand.

Gemporia presenters refer to this new Kimbie woman as a 'designer' - but her LinkedIn profile and the Kimbie webpage both openly say that she is a 'sourcer'. The two things are entirely different.

So, to get to the point, anyone can 'source' things in bulk from China and resell it. There's no special skills, design or development involved.

This is where Visage is a bit different from Gem Aura's and Destello. Kati Elliott IS Visage. She's played a part in the development of her products. She's been part of ensuring that product A is compatible with product B, etc. She's been out to the factory (she's posted videos on her Instagram as proof too). She also comes from a make-up background, and actually 'knows' make up. That was her job before she started working in the jewellery industry.

I think Visage is a passion for Kati - she believes in her products and uses them herself - whereas with Hattie, Destello comes across as just a bit of a money earner on the side because there is no chance on earth that Hattie would have been seen dead in some of the hideous clothing that she sold. Some of it looked really cheap and tacky, and some of it looked very "something your gran would wear". Even Ellis looked embarrassed showing and describing some of it - and Ellis happily sings, says or does 'cringeworthy' things on-air, and has talked about wetting herself in the past - so embarrassment isn't something you'd usually associate with Ellis.
When Hattie was more prevalent on social media she was always posting pictures of her out and about without a Destello bag in sight. Says It all really. Yes, agree re Kati, this is definitely a passion project for her. Shame she cannot keep the black mascara in stock, I‘ve gone back to Estes Lauder.

Lynn is on Chalmers Gems today chatting about her crystal healing - not my sort of thing, but looks like she is joining Rod there. I miss Rod on Gemporia!

I did have a look at Lynn's Crystal Website. I was shocked at the prices she is charging for monthly subscriptions/ Crystal Coaching. Bog basic with no actual crystals starts at £20 (£19.99) per month! Top of the range is £100 a month (£99.99) but you don't get 30 mins one-to-one with Lynn each month, a box of crystals each month and some other bits. But £100! Per month! For stuff you can look up on the net anyway or get a book on! I reckon for £100 a month you could probably actually do the courses Lynn did in the first place.

Good news! Just read on here Lynn has finally gone, I couldn't be happier. Can't wait for the others to go!!!

I was never a fan of Lynn. But then when she started on about the angels, which in my personal opinion is preying on the grief of others... I turned off whenever she was on.

I did have a look at Lynn's Crystal Website. I was shocked at the prices she is charging for monthly subscriptions/ Crystal Coaching. Bog basic with no actual crystals starts at £20 (£19.99) per month! Top of the range is £100 a month (£99.99) but you don't get 30 mins one-to-one with Lynn each month, a box of crystals each month and some other bits. But £100! Per month! For stuff you can look up on the net anyway or get a book on! I reckon for £100 a month you could probably actually do the courses Lynn did in the first place.
I saw those a week or so ago. Just bog standard tumble stones that can be picked up for £1 each from any gem fayre.

It still baffles me how someone can get qualifications in something that is not proven. There is no scientific evidence whatsoever that demonstrates that placing gemstones in your hand or under your neck will protect you from this ailment or that life event or protect against financial issues. It is absolute nonsense and should be illegal. It really boils my blood.

If people want to believe in that stuff, then that's fine - that's their choice - but DO NOT claim to be able to coach somebody in something that is unproven.

She hasn't gone yet - but for the amount of time she's actually off, she may as well have left. She should have been on today - but yet again. Lindsey Carr filled in for her.
No, she shouldn't have been on today, it was over weekend that she should have been on.

He had a grin like the Cheshire Cat, which lit up the screen. 😁
And her smile looks like that:

Screenshot_1.jpg

I know she wasn't hence why I said "should have been on"

You seem to have form for singling out my posts for 'corrections' - even on the occasions when I've been right, and you've been wrong.

Any reason why, or is it just coincidence?

You seem to have form for singling out my posts for 'corrections' - even on the occasions when I've been right, and you've been wrong.

Any reason why, or is it just coincidence?
I was just pointing out that Lynn was not meant to be on this morning, not trying to have an argument.

I was just pointing out that Lynn was not meant to be on this morning, not trying to have an argument.

That's OK. Not trying to start one, genuinely. I just wondered if I'd done / said something in the past that had upset you and not realised :)

Latest posts

Back