Mario de Luigi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Has anyone tried this? what did you think of the liquid foundation and the bronzer please?

I did think Debbie looked lovely.

I used his range when he was on Ideal World and he had the Italian Marble Powder when it was 'proper' and not the orange one so beloved of Grandad Orange Gob Jerome Alexander. I suspect now the range he sells on QVC is slightly different, the make up I had was ok, nothing special - his lipsticks were very greasy and went gloopy, the mascara gave me panda eyes, but his eye colours and the original italian marble powder was lovely :grin:

Whenever I see M di L it always crosses my mind that he isn't Italian at all!! I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that he was from Manchester, or Leeds or Newcastle.

Whenever I see M di L it always crosses my mind that he isn't Italian at all!! I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that he was from Manchester, or Leeds or Newcastle.

I used to think that too lol! His accent sounded like someone trying to do a bad impression of sounding Italian. Loved the marble powder too. I did have to try the Jerome Alexander one when MDL stopped making his version (the one he said he had invented and was exclusive to him) and I found it far too dark...however, the good news is that JA has seemed to have toned his powder down a few notches so it's much better, although I still mantain that the original MDL wasn't so "powdery". I wouldn't be surprised if MDL make up isn't exactly the same stuff as Jerome's as the packaging is so similar..as I've said many many times before I'm mystified about the whole thing. Italian Marble powder was purported to be invented by, and exclusive to MDL, the suddenly the giant Oompah Loompah crashes onto our screens with another version that he says he invented is exclusive to him, and suddenly MDL stops producing his version...why would he do that...it was his "signature product"...very odd!

I bought the original Jerome Alexander marble powder from Home Shopping Europe, before they went bust, many years ago. It was exactly like the Mario one that MDL brought to Ideal World subsequently. It always seemed odd that MDL dropped this "iconic" "signture" product from his range but I assumed there was something legal happening behind the scenes which meant that MDL (who wasn't the first to put his name to the product) couldn't continue to sell it as his own formulation.

The current Italian Marble Powder that JA sells on Ideal World isn't a patch on the original; it's base shade is far too dark and the spots of lilac and mint green are too few and far between to have any impact as colour correctors.
I wonder whether the original manufacturer is still in business or has stopped making it? We'll never know. Shopping channels rely on it's customers having no long-term memory.

Luckily for me, I still have 2 of the original MDL marble powders; one brand new and one half used. The original Jerome one lasted about 3 years...I wish someone would bring it back or maybe Laura Geller could do a baked powder with a few lilac and green swirls for colour correction?

I liked MDL's long wear lip colours..I still have a couple from Ideal World which are liquid enough to be used and I've bought a set from QVC on last clicks about a year ago.

As with all these ranges there's usually only 1 or 2 products that are worth buying, the rest of the range seems padding. Models Prefer / YBF fell foul of QVC's need for cosmetic ranges to bring out new collections regularly to keep viewers buying: lets face it the only Models Prefer products I repurchased for my own use were the brow pencil and the yellow powder, towards the end I was selling on ebay more pieces from any TSV than I was keeping to use.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back