Marks 8PM Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kit10

Registered Shopper
Mark, what an award winning performance tonight! Pretty Alambra style bracelet, multiple infuriating drops. Stops at £99.99. Mark can’t believe this! STOP STOP! This isn’t the price on my paperwork! Walks of camera, there is a knocking sound, as if he is knocking on a door. What’s going on? This is costing us money rant rant rant. Mark, I paid £149 for the necklace when Chloe launched it, why would anyone pay more for the bracelet? He’s now doing the necklace for £149.00. Oh, the drama! 🤣

I really wish that TJC and Gemporia would both pick a story and stick to it.

Both make a huge deal about being able to offer stuff at low prices, especially with jewellery compared to that sold in high street jewellers. All because of their ability to buy huge amounts in bulk, apparently.

Which is fair enough. So stuff airing at "low" prices shouldn't be a surprise to anyone then, as it's apparently what these channels are set up to do.

But then occasionally you're going to get presenters like Mark on TJC doing this unconvincing performance over pricing. Why, if TJC is supposedly all about low prices?

And why should he be so angry anyway? Is it offending his family's honour? If Mark takes pricing so personally (which isn't anything to do with him, anyway), then perhaps the poor sensitive dear should consider a change of career.

I mean, I have done stints of working in retail, and I couldn't have given a monkey's about pricing. Unless I saw something I liked in passing at a reduced price, and rushed to put it aside to buy it later.

Seriously, the fact that TJC thinks that their viewers are such mugs that they encourage this kind of thing is disgusting. I now see why they think that Sally Jacks and Peter Simon will be such a good fit at their company

I now see why they think that Sally Jacks and Peter Simon will be such a good fit at their company

Yeah, Peter Simon isn't shy to doing a "…Is that the price? That can't be right! Someone's made a mistake. Heads will roll. Well, we'll have to honour it now…" routine - believing we all fall for it.

Of course when a genuine low price error did appear on screen at IW there was never any talk of 'honouring' it. The presenter would coyly and quickly say "Oops, no, that's a mistake, we'll get that corrected right away. The actual price is now on your screen and is worth every penny… Moving on…"

Mark, what an award winning performance tonight! Pretty Alambra style bracelet, multiple infuriating drops. Stops at £99.99. Mark can’t believe this! STOP STOP! This isn’t the price on my paperwork! Walks of camera, there is a knocking sound, as if he is knocking on a door. What’s going on? This is costing us money rant rant rant. Mark, I paid £149 for the necklace when Chloe launched it, why would anyone pay more for the bracelet? He’s now doing the necklace for £149.00. Oh, the drama! 🤣
You can't say that about Mark.. Don't you know who he is? Him and Chloe run the show. I do agree it was some of his worst acting to date! I also believe the bracelet was slightly cheaper before!

I wish Mark would find some jacket that fits him because he always looks as if he’s bursting out of it.
And smarten up pleaseeee

I'll say it again, the best approach with selly telly is to essentially believe very little of what they say, ever. I appreciate this is more challenging when considering buying a piece of jewellery as opposed to a vacuum cleaner. However putting the products aside, I'd dismiss most of the stuff these people spout about the background goings on. 'We're clearing 'the vault' tonight' and all that guff. Yeah whatever ...

Both make a huge deal about being able to offer stuff at low prices, especially with jewellery compared to that sold in high street jewellers. All because of their ability to buy huge amounts in bulk, apparently.

Which is fair enough. So stuff airing at "low" prices shouldn't be a surprise to anyone then, as it's apparently what these channels are set up to do.

But then occasionally you're going to get presenters like Mark on TJC doing this unconvincing performance over pricing. Why, if TJC is supposedly all about low prices?

And why should he be so angry anyway? Is it offending his family's honour? If Mark takes pricing so personally (which isn't anything to do with him, anyway), then perhaps the poor sensitive dear should consider a change of career.

I mean, I have done stints of working in retail, and I couldn't have given a monkey's about pricing. Unless I saw something I liked in passing at a reduced price, and rushed to put it aside to buy it later.

Seriously, the fact that TJC thinks that their viewers are such mugs that they encourage this kind of thing is disgusting. I now see why they think that Sally Jacks and Peter Simon will be such a good fit at their company
Oh Vapidstoat, how true. Much was also made of how little they were making, and at the end of the year when they looked back, this would not appear it the more profitable items. Five minutes later he said that the items were on sale or return from Hatton Garden … so send them back and stop loosing money 🤣

Mark speaks to us like he's a headmaster who lost control of his class with a bossy" I'm in charge and you do as you are told attitude " I will be going to management about that ( hand on hip) and yes I think he own two outfits both of which don't fit and haven't been dry cleaned since 2014. And those grotty white trainers? Surely he can afford clothes ?

Latest posts

Back