Marverine again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
She really needs deportment lessons imho. In the fashion clearance hour she wore a straight knee-length skirt and was standing full on to the camera with her feet wide apart. It looked awful. Surely the gallery can see this and tell her to stand slightly sideways on if she physically can't put her feet close together? She's not a natural for this type of TV work so she really needs to up her game, which maybe accounts for the nervousness. I had to switch channels because it was embarrassing viewing.

Well, judging by the comments on other threads that Julian and Debbie (seasoned tv performers who were relaxed and professional !) were probably inflexible re their contracts, one can only imagine that Marverine came cheap ! need I say more. I'm surprised she passed the induction test for presentation skills, but for me its her 'nasally' delivery that I find difficult to listen to.

Well, judging by the comments on other threads that Julian and Debbie (seasoned tv performers who were relaxed and professional !) were probably inflexible re their contracts, one can only imagine that Marverine came cheap ! need I say more. I'm surprised she passed the induction test for presentation skills, but for me its her 'nasally' delivery that I find difficult to listen to.

Marverine; I Can't Believe It's Not Better.

I have disliked this presenter since her first airing, I waited thinking it would get better. Alas, it is not to be, I just can't stand it when she is presenting even items I would normally love to watch, I just have to switch over. I often wonder how QVC is perceived by brand new viewers who have suddenly discovered this channel, whereas many of us on here, have seen the ups and downs over the years, I know in my case 20 years, so we have comparisons.

I do honestly feel that although the presenters are constantly waffling on about having new viewers - a thing I don't recall them doing much in the past, only this past year as frequently as they do, whereas before they would allude to 'new viewers' every once in a while, it's a daily occurrence (nay even hourly) these days.

This woman should seek another job, I think so many switch off or over when she's on, as well as the usual culprits who annoy us (you know who they are) we switch off too, but for different reasons. This girl is just so false and trys way too hard not to seem to be, making it even more annoying and obvious to the point of 'oh no I can't stand watching this any longer' QVC may in fact be continually getting new viewers, but I also think they are losing long term viewers.

On a different point, have a circle of friends etc., who have actually never heard of QVC, guess they belong on a different viewing world, and with most, it won't surprise me, I also have friends who only put their TVs on for an hour or a couple of hours only in the evenings, and never during the day apart from lunchtime news.

It's..... the..... long..... gap..... between..... every..... word..... that..... gets..... on...... my...... nerves.

Well, she has to fill the air with something while she listens to her talkback telling her what the next word is !!!

I've got a suggestion...put Margarine(!) on with meCharlie! He.............only............speaks.......one....word.......every.......2..........minutes. They could only present together on something very simple to describe, otherwise the time would run out - what about something from Q Fashion, which could be described very simply by one word (suggestions, on a postcard, please). meCharlie and Marv just making a brief statement should fill up the hour nicely, throw in some of meCharlie's creepy hand-waving antics, to demonstrate his man-manicure, and there you go! I tried to watch an hour with her once, and gave up: she was so hyper, interrupting, correcting herself, just appalling, then she switched to mute mode, and kept dragging out her words. Very odd. Friends in high (or low?) places must be the answer. She's no more a trained presenter than I am.

It's..... the..... long..... gap..... between..... every..... word..... that..... gets..... on...... my...... nerves.

Last edited:
I am so disappointed with Marverine. I have so wanted her to improve but she is just not cut out for the job. She is a presenter who can speak well but needs a script and an autocue as she had on sky etc.

I like that she is a different image for QVC.
She seems like a genuinely nice easy to get on with women. I can imagine her being a loyal friend and good company.
I also think she is very pretty.

I hope other opportunities come along for her that are more suited to her and she leaves QVC as I can't see her improving any time soon. However if she stays I will live in hope that she can improve as I agree with all the comments on why she is annoying and I can rarely watch more than a couple of minutes of her presenting.

She does seem like a really nice lady but I can't stand to watch her and I agree she has not improved, can't stand Chloe either, I was hoping she would move onto some other job!!

marverine

When you watch Julia you realise (well I do!!) why she is Queen B of Q.

I agree with all the posts about this presenter, I always switch off when she is on, cant bare to listen to her drawl of a voice dont know how she keeps her job.

Latest posts

Back