Mediocre Product at High End Prices.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm just looking in at the Susan Graver show and my eyes are popping at some of the prices being asked for what is, generally, ok but mediocre fashion. I can't afford to be spending around £50 on a top, especially with the risk of return postage if it isn't right, but I wouldn't pay those prices for what's on offer anyway as I just don't feel it is worth it. Her stuff used to be decent quality at affordable prices. Every brand seems to be flogging identical styles too - if you threw the whole lot into a pile on the floor, you'd have to be picking them up and reading the labels to see which was which. I know we've said all this here before, but it still beggars belief what they think they can get away with charging for their fashion, some of which really is awful. Same for TSVs, I hate it when they have advanced orders. I'd rather have product in stock and also more on easy pay. I wonder how often they imagine that their target audience places an order. Do they try to aim to have customers come back once a week or once a month? I just wonder what they think they are gaining by shifting their market presence into the high end bracket, especially given the current economy.

I've got a couple of Susan Graver tops and yes, they were hugely expensive, but you could wash them 5 times a day and they would still be the same, they look great on me and people always say how nice I look when I wear them. I also buy clothes from ASDA and they are good for the first 10 washes and then usually are for doing the garden, then the bin. If clothes last a long time, don't go tatty and always look good then perhaps the £45 price tag (plus postage) is justified? If I like it I guess I buy it. I always wash a few times within 30 days so if it doesn't stand up then it goes back.

CC

Your thread title says it all. If you are paying a premium for designs you can basically find on the High Street you at least should expect to get reasonable quality.Also what's the point if every thing looks the same,which it does tend to . Doesn't inspire me to press buy at all.

Susan Graver is another one whose designs seem to have gone downhill. They are bland and boring .In the past ,everything used to sell out but I don't see that now. The prices have gone up too.

I bought a couple of jackets in the early days, really good quality. Later offerings were dire and all sent back - now I don't even bother to watch.

You would think by now someone would have done some trend analysis.

Launch a brand with attractive products which sell well... decide that the way to get them to sell better is to reduce the price/quality. They plump for reducing the quality, so the sales volumes go down... which means to make the same money they have to charge more... so the sales volumes go down... so to make the same money they have to charge more... so the quality goes down more and they charge more. Becomes a vicious circle. And before you know it the circling that will be going on will be the brand circling the drain - either before they go into meltdown financially, or they get dropped.

I'm surprised that, given Susan is omnipresent on QVC US, there are not issues over there. Generally the US customers are quite vocal about things which are not to their liking. Are they really content to be charged more and more for less and less quality? If they are, then wow! Because that's a heck of a trick to pull off.

her clothes used to be more the cheaper end. but now are more medium/high priced. i bought something once and had to return as after one wear it was showing a massive amount of wear and bobbling.

the halston range is much nicer. usually good prices and i like the styles as they are quite casual and not tooo frumpy. the fabrics are usually as nice as some join items but without the massive price tag.the quality is good to

Latest posts

Back