Is TJC becoming Elitist, and not listening to their customers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

elyssa

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Is it my imagination or is TJC becoming very elitist with their Jewellery. All the sales seemed to be completely out of reach of ordinary people, and just solely catering for those with the finances, which seems a bit tasteless to me, considering most of their customers are in the midst of a cost of living crisis and watching every penny, in trying to pay for food and heating costs? I am getting very bored of seeing Tanzanite, Platinum, Diamonds etc and other completely unaffordable jewelry. I have also noticed that TJC are also increasing their Jewellery shows, at the expense of Lifestyle, Beauty, Fashion, Home, Garden shows etc, which are generally of more importance and interest to more of their customers. I am getting a bit bored of the effetist snobbery that seems to be creeping in to their channel. Thanks Anshu, Head of Channel, for being completely out of touch with Ur customers and being completely clueless about what sells and what doesn't! What with this and the new Ideal World who are selling ridiculously priced Devices for hours on end, alongside watches etc. The Vaihrab Company in control of both channels, have not got a clue about what their customers want or need........ Ridiculous 😧 😧😧😧😧

First newbie here but been a big fan of the forum for a long time and yes I have brought stuff from Ideal world and TJC and been happy with both !!

So I joined to reply to Elyssa here ha ha

I think you are finding in what I think is their primetime of evening and late evening there is that better quality stuff and therefore more expensive. but just got Mark on and cheaper stuff there and more common gemstones etc.

Is it my imagination or is TJC becoming very elitist with their Jewellery. All the sales seemed to be completely out of reach of ordinary people, and just solely catering for those with the finances, which seems a bit tasteless to me, considering most of their customers are in the midst of a cost of living crisis and watching every penny, in trying to pay for food and heating costs?
To be fair, if people who are struggling with the cost of living to the extent that they are 'trying to pay for food and heating costs' are still buying jewellery from an overpriced shopping telly channel, then they need to get their priorities straight. TJC is a business, which exists solely to make money for its shareholders. It's not a charity.

To be fair, if people who are struggling with the cost of living to the extent that they are 'trying to pay for food and heating costs' are still buying jewellery from an overpriced shopping telly channel, then they need to get their priorities straight. TJC is a business, which exists solely to make money for its shareholders. It's not a charity.

real question I have is TJC cheap or expensive. I see some stuff on there and compare to prices available and always seems cheaper but is it the same quality etc ? Steve yesterday was 'slashing' prices last night and open ring (ping diamonds with white in platinum) he was selling for 1100 but I found new the JQ the same for 2000. now I can trust every shop 100% in the JQ but is that 'bargain' it seems.

Can never make my mind up

I think they are just trying to shift expensive items that haven't sold. No doubt the mark-up is still good.

I think they are just trying to shift expensive items that haven't sold. No doubt the mark-up is still good.
I was wondering that too, and I agree about the mark up, I think for me it is the amount of shows with purely jewellery on and very little else on, but that is my frustration perhaps, because I want to buy it all......and I can't!!!! ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️ Oh to have Champagne tastes and beer money budget!!! Lol 😆😆😆 xxx 💖💖 xxx

Latest posts

Back