Gemporia - struggling financially?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have some sympathy with the gold weights. As the price of gold goes up, they can charge more for pieces or reduce gold weight to maintain profits. Their target market might be priced out somewhat by keeping the gold weights chunky and raising prices as each gram of gold is about £50 retail? But the thinness of some bands is inexcusable, and gold tone is vomit inducing sludge. The former will stay I think, but the latter I hope will be phased out once it has sold.
I really hope too the gold tone is a C Wagstaff legacy and ditched, not least because it makes you question the value of anything it is set into - I'm amazed Gemporia appears not to understand that customers will make that connection. I know I go on a lot about cheese wire, but 1.25 for a diamond ring does not make sense to me and most people buying diamonds are expecting something special when they receive it and see it in person.

I really hope too the gold tone is a C Wagstaff legacy and ditched, not least because it makes you question the value of anything it is set into - I'm amazed Gemporia appears not to understand that customers will make that connection. I know I go on a lot about cheese wire, but 1.25 for a diamond ring does not make sense to me and most people buying diamonds are expecting something special when they receive it and see it in person.
If Gemporia wanted to sell just gemstones, then fine. But they're selling full pieces of jewellery that are labelled "heirloom quality" for "collectors".

As the Mirabelle story shows, jewellery created with tiny amounts of gold, or silver in extremely tiny amounts of gold plate don't appreciate in value. And therefore aren't "legacy pieces". And why pay for a gold overlay if it rubs off after a couple of wears?

Gemporia doesn't seem to see viewers as collectors (or "connoisseurs" as Jess would have it), but more like mugs instead. Which I wouldn't particularly find very flattering.

Gemporia doesn't seem to see viewers as collectors (or "connoisseurs" as Jess would have it), but more like mugs instead. Which I wouldn't particularly find very flattering.
They use the word "collectors" precisely because it makes customers feel their repeat purchases are justified. In my view it is exploitative bullshit

Can anyone explain to me what on earth Hattie is chuntering on about this evening? How she is used to selling the finer things in life and loved it! All the while going on about a silver ring! I don't know the outcome as I can't watch anymore
I'm having a rest from Gemporia today. There's only so much I can take before I start getting the urge to throw myself under a bus, or a train.

Hattie is unwatchable. But then, most (all?) of Gemporia's presenters are. I have zero interest in what they're selling, and I don't trust the company enough to buy even if I did.

Agreed, 2g should be the minimum. I've seen bands as light as 1.3g, which is utterly ridiculous.

Anything in gold tone has to be pretty much worthless as it's reserved for costume jewellery made to turn you green.

Can anyone explain to me what on earth Hattie is chuntering on about this evening? How she is used to selling the finer things in life and loved it! All the while going on about a silver ring! I don't know the outcome as I can't watch anymore
I didn't catch that but Hattie does like to refer to a very high end jeweller she used to work for the implication being she understands quality when she sees it ... same when she is selling candles and draws on her experience of working for the White Company ... 😁 She speaks so quickly hough that my head tends to be whirring by the end of her shows to the extent I can hardly recollect my own name never mind what was said and why ...🤣

You both need to put each other on ignore, now!!!! If you don't we will have to start closing threads, giving infractions and possibly even hand out bans.
Agree some of this is getting ridiculous now.

Apologies Sazza, was your comment directed at me please? Could I check what is wrong with the various posts so I am clear?
No, it's definitely not you Imogene, it was aimed at a troll who joined the forum a while ago. She spent a few days insulting everyone and then disappeared (hopefully never to be heard from again).

No, it's definitely not you Imogene, it was aimed at a troll who joined the forum a while ago. She spent a few days insulting everyone and then disappeared (hopefully never to be heard from again).
Ah ok, thanks so much for clarifying. I was a bit confused! I must have missed those messages.

Apologies Sazza, was your comment directed at me please? Could I check what is wrong with the various posts so I am clear?
No it was not, it was something I said to two other members, one of whom is no longer a member, back in February. If it was directed at you then I would have quoted you.

Agree some of this is getting ridiculous now.
That was all done and dusted ages ago. Why bring it all back up again now, especially when one of the participants in that brouhaha isn't even a member here any more?

I am confused

I didn't catch that but Hattie does like to refer to a very high end jeweller she used to work for the implication being she understands quality when she sees it ... same when she is selling candles and draws on her experience of working for the White Company ... 😁 She speaks so quickly hough that my head tends to be whirring by the end of her shows to the extent I can hardly recollect my own name never mind what was said and why ...🤣
Judging by how Hattie is on screen, I think I can guess why she's no longer working for high end employers.

I have never seen Gemporia on you tube?? I do need to get a life.
In the past they had something called "USA Live Stream" (normal British show with American graphics, e.g. prices in US dollars). They closed it down a while ago. Today they stopped "Gemporia Live Stream" - their standard broadcast (British TV channel). But hey, now it works again.

Lower discount for new customers? It was 20% and now it's 10%.

Do I have false memories?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back