Miele Vacuum TSV 02/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I clicked on your link to have a look, but it says it's sold out.

very overated brand imao the vacume cleaners dont last very long and i dont undestand why they only have a year long guarantee

mine is fantastic. best i've ever owned by a mile - recommended by barbs - and has a 10 year guarantee.

gosh ten years i bought the cat and dog and not even three years it stopped working miele wanted the price of a new one to fix it and were really stuffy. dont trust this brand. also everyone i know who has had one has the same probs, they do clean well i just did not like the build quality. put me off

Thanks, Ian.

I was just interested because I've got an Oreck (which I love) but it hasn't got any accessories, whereas the Miele has. I'll give it some thought and will look for reviews online and if it's not what I'm looking for then I'll continue to use other my hand held vacuum to do round the edges of the rooms etc. It also depends on the price.

Thanks, Sazza. :smile:

Having looked at it, I think I'll stick with my Oreck because I prefer an upright hoover to a cylinder one.

very overated brand imao the vacume cleaners dont last very long and i dont undestand why they only have a year long guarantee

My first Miele cylinder is over 18 years old. Infact it might be nearing it's 20th year. Gave it to DD who has a dog and it's still sucking like new. Only ever needed the bags and filters changing. I bought myself a lighter weight Miele to replace it.

they do clean lovely but my mum had two,they broke,my friend had two that broke and i had one that broke and they are expensive to fix. i do expect a vacume to last at least 5 years these did not. maybe i am just unlucky with miele. now my dyson 7 years and still going. a bit heavy though.

I love dyson . I have one which is 4 year old and the other week it started to make a funny noise . On checking I seen a bit had broken off where the brush compartment was . I had never registered it but thought got nothing to loose will contact them see what they say . I sent them a email via website , within 30 mins get a call back saying they will send me out a new part . They sent a whole new base out arrived within 2 days their Customer service is outstanding and my my dyson is like brand new again .

I love dyson . I have one which is 4 year old and the other week it started to make a funny noise . On checking I seen a bit had broken off where the brush compartment was . I had never registered it but thought got nothing to loose will contact them see what they say . I sent them a email via website , within 30 mins get a call back saying they will send me out a new part . They sent a whole new base out arrived within 2 days their Customer service is outstanding and my my dyson is like brand new again .

i agree dyson are fantastic when things go wrong and even when the gurantee is up they just send out the part no quibbles. very very good service. liked my miele but customer services not as good as dyson. wanted loads of money tolook at it and they do go on about lasting twnty years but not even a 5 year guarantee to back this . and in my experience the quality is not as good as it should be. shame as the clean really well but then so does my dyson and no bags etc to buy

Just have to say my battered bruised Miele is fab, i had a cylinder dyson which was crap on dog/cat fur, but my cat/dog Miele is brill i use it everyday and have done for 10 years (i have 2dogs, 3 cats and 3 kids) and i would not hesitate to recommend the brand, i love mine as much as a person can love a Hoover !

Another vote for the Miele Cat and Dog from me. I must have had it for a good 15 years now.

Next door but one has miele everything, but I suspect she bought lemons (or is having an affair with him) because the Miele man in his van is there every week to fix something! I was round there once when he called to look at their washer (again) and my neighbour assured him she was emptying the filter after every wash! I was astounded, the filter on my washer dryer only needs emptying when DD leaves a hairgrip in her pocket! No maybe she has an older model but that seems excessive commitment to the filter! This is my only eperience of the brand so it may just be her bad luck!

Jude xx

PS I like my Oreck because it's a v light upright and came with a small but powerful cannister which has all the usual tools.

Latest posts

Back