ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Folding Storage Ottoman Bench with Dividers

QVC Price: £39.50

Today's Special Value Price :£29.98

P&P: £6.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Folding-Storag...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-34-_-803216

Folding storage ottoman bench with dividers. This fantastically versatile faux leather ottoman is ideal for storing your belongings, including games, books and DVDs, provides an attractive foot rest or seat, can be folded away when not in use and comes with three dividers to create six compartments inside. Clear away unsightly clutter in your home with this multi-faceted and stylish folding ottoman with dividers.

The perfect storage solution - the spacious interior keeps your belongings out of sight whilst easily accessible, with the flexible option of removable dividers meaning you can store larger items, or smaller belongings can be neatly organised into compartments.

A shade to suit any décor - the ottoman comes in a selection of neutral, elegant and fashionable colour options which are perfect for complementing the colour scheme of any home.

Extremely practical - made from strong MDF with a wipe-clean faux leather covering, the ottoman can be used as an extra seat when needed (supports up to 300kg/250lbs), and the lid can be flipped to use as a tray or table. It can also be folded up and stored within moments when you need additional space.

Boutique-style button-top detail
Suitable for indoor use only
Easy to assemble and disassemble
Folds down flat for compact storing when not in use
Spot clean with damp cloth as needed
As a seat supports up to: 300kg (250lbs)
Measures (l x w x d): 76cm x 37.5cm x 37.5cm (29.9" x 14.8" x 14.8")
Measures when folded for storage: 76cm x 37.5cm x 8cm (29.9" x 14.8" x 3.1")
Weight: 6.3kg

Colour options:
Chocolate
Black
Cream
Red
Taupe

All measurements are approximate

This TSV overpriced and similar can be found cheaper elsewhere

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9040236.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9150487.htm

http://www.safield.co.uk/large-fold...0XUanJXrpgTcg5A1OSMGIBoCOZXw_wcB#.U9ov5WNKjhM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CX4GYCE/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I have the square TSV from a while ago and I'd suggest the construction is sturdier and the lid looks "better" than the Argos type ottomans. As mine is in the bathroom (spare loo roll, LE muslin cloth mountain etc) I'm pleased with it even though it cost more.

A word of caution, I unpacked mine in the sitting room and Nigel our house rabbit bit a chunk out of it within seconds, so if you have a house rabbit be warned! He loves anything with a rubbery or padded texture so I should have known! The wheels on my Gtech sweeper were nibbled on day one too!

Attachments

• DSCF8069.jpg
    DSCF8069.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 158
Aww, now I'm gutted. I missed the square version both times it was a TSV and I've been looking out for it ever since, and it's sold out on QVC's website :( I really want one for my dressing table and the bench is too long.

Just ordered one as wanted one of these before but it was sold out. If it is as good as I hope I will order more on the day. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

I needed a few of these in both ottoman sizes and the small square size and was not prepared to pay QVC extortionate P & P for them all. I got mine from Argos last year and they have been brilliant. The ottomans are at the end of all the king size beds for all our duvet sets and blankets plus another in the porch for all the shoes, and the smaller square ones are a dressing table stool in which I keep all my hair drying bits and pieces in. I have cream colours and brown

No "buy more save more" visible on the details, I wonder whether they'll add it on the day? I forgot that I got two, the second one is in my son's flat at Uni. I'm tempted to get one for bedding etc in my bedroom but will measure up the space first (and if I order one I'll unpack it upstairs cos it never occurs to Nigel to go up the stairs!)

I bought some reasonable faux leather cube storage boxes from Wilko recently which I was pleased with but they were £14 each so at half the size of the ottoman equate to around the same price, less postage. I have decided to go for the TSV after checking the spare room and seeing just how much stuff is still piled on the floor! I can't be bothered to schlep over to the shops at the moment so am prepared to pay the postage.

i like things like this. have some leather ones from next a set of two for well over 10 years. used as lamp tables toy box now there are grand kids very usefull

They are available on eBay just put" folding faux leather ottoman" in the search box I just bought a small one for £10 on eBay with free P&P it's just as good as the QVC and Argos ones I've have.

my daughter bought the argos one and it fell apart after 5 months and it cost £50 this was for a large ottoman style box.

I know everyone has different standards, but I wouldn't have any of this stuff in my home. I think Qvc need to get real with their pricing. Pipa just told us about a box that opens to a spare bed £295 c'mon get real.

Every time something is mentioned on a thread, someone comes on and says 'you can get it in poundland' or 'Wilko does one too for half the price' etc.

Just because something *looks* similar, doesn't mean it is equal in quality etc - just like diamonique vs diamond or solid gold vs plate...

I found the square version on QVC's website (not the one with the animal print lid) yesterday, so I've finally ordered myself one. I got it in red for my dressing table (the bedding has red in it), but I am thinking about getting the cream on too for by the front door.

I really like what was yesterdays TSV, but I just have no need/room in my home for it.

Folding Storage Ottoman Bench with Dividers

QVC Price: £39.50

Today's Special Value Price :£29.98

P&P: £6.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Folding-Storag...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-34-_-803216

Folding storage ottoman bench with dividers. This fantastically versatile faux leather ottoman is ideal for storing your belongings, including games, books and DVDs, provides an attractive foot rest or seat, can be folded away when not in use and comes with three dividers to create six compartments inside. Clear away unsightly clutter in your home with this multi-faceted and stylish folding ottoman with dividers.

The perfect storage solution - the spacious interior keeps your belongings out of sight whilst easily accessible, with the flexible option of removable dividers meaning you can store larger items, or smaller belongings can be neatly organised into compartments.

A shade to suit any décor - the ottoman comes in a selection of neutral, elegant and fashionable colour options which are perfect for complementing the colour scheme of any home.

Extremely practical - made from strong MDF with a wipe-clean faux leather covering, the ottoman can be used as an extra seat when needed (supports up to 300kg/250lbs), and the lid can be flipped to use as a tray or table. It can also be folded up and stored within moments when you need additional space.

Boutique-style button-top detail
Suitable for indoor use only
Easy to assemble and disassemble
Folds down flat for compact storing when not in use
Spot clean with damp cloth as needed
As a seat supports up to: 300kg (250lbs)
Measures (l x w x d): 76cm x 37.5cm x 37.5cm (29.9" x 14.8" x 14.8")
Measures when folded for storage: 76cm x 37.5cm x 8cm (29.9" x 14.8" x 3.1")
Weight: 6.3kg

Colour options:
Chocolate
Black
Cream
Red
Taupe

All measurements are approximate

This TSV overpriced and similar can be found cheaper elsewhere

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9040236.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9150487.htm

http://www.safield.co.uk/large-fold...0XUanJXrpgTcg5A1OSMGIBoCOZXw_wcB#.U9ov5WNKjhM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CX4GYCE/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Now, Autumn, you are being unfair - "compare like for like!" - as they like to tell us. Your examples don't have the dividers! Seriously, though, I found them cheaper in lots of other outlets, and I wouldn't use the dividers anyway. The real killer for me, is the postage : £6.95 for an item which FOLDS FLAT - they keep harping on about this utilitarian feature - so I would reckon £3.95 postage? I think most forumites have a problem with postage on the Q; for me, personally, I am not bothered that the item costs that much to send, rather that the Q should follow the example of other retailers online, and do what is becoming more commonplace - offer free delivery. Even if I had been tempted to buy, the delivery cost would have deterred me from making a purchase. This is rather ironic, considering it's purpose, but we don't have the room to put it, or store it!

Every time something is mentioned on a thread, someone comes on and says 'you can get it in poundland' or 'Wilko does one too for half the price' etc.

Just because something *looks* similar, doesn't mean it is equal in quality etc - just like diamonique vs diamond or solid gold vs plate...

I totally agree. The ottoman on amazon looks cheap and rather fragile, compared to the QVC one. I am a firm believer that an item is a lot cheaper - not a couple of pounds - for a reason, which is why if I was going to buy a product I go for quality and, consequently, the Q. I just think, in this case, the postage is way over the top. Regarding the jewellery, however, I have been rather sceptical about it's quality, since some antiques experts on "Secret Dealers" referred to some rings as inferior quality "off the tv shopping channels."

Fair enough if youve tried every other one of these boxes on the market and Qvc's are the best , thats great and very useful but if you haven't then there's no harm in people letting members of this forum know , that similar items can be found cheaper elsewhere, Many of these similar boxes have great reviews so they cant be that bad in quality cant they? Plus we have testament on this thread from members who have bought they boxes elsewhere and are very happy with the quality and price of them , likewise for the Qvc ones.

The whole part of this forum is to offer advice and share and discuss products with each other and if stops people wasting money and making bad purchases thats even better.

Fair enough if youve tried every other one of these boxes on the market and Qvc's are the best , thats great and very useful but if you haven't then there's no harm in people letting members of this forum know , that similar items can be found cheaper elsewhere, Many of these similar boxes have great reviews so they cant be that bad in quality cant they? Plus we have testament on this thread from members who have bought they boxes elsewhere and are very happy with the quality and price of them , likewise for the Qvc ones.

The whole part of this forum is to offer advice and share and discuss products with each other and if stops people wasting money and making bad purchases thats even better.

Thanks Autumn ,lots of people post on here with links to various beauty products which are cheaper elsewhere and I appreciate that.
Noticed yesterday that Poundland have started selling Jewellery,looks very similar to B&W to me.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

I find the links to other products very useful. I did check out the ottoman links but was swayed by the demos on Q yesterday as they looked sturdy (they took that chap's weight so there is a chance they could take mine!!) and the reviews are very good for his other versions. I also went for the taupe as my spare room needs a lighter colour than the usual chocolate. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it when someone has taken the trouble to provide extra information, which is a bonus of being on this Board.

BTW I did hear Craig say he has six, yes six, of the smaller cube ones in his flat! I guess he needs them as added storage for all his other Q purchases.....

Latest posts

Back