More Than Just Furniture TSV 04/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every time something is mentioned on a thread, someone comes on and says 'you can get it in poundland' or 'Wilko does one too for half the price' etc.

Just because something *looks* similar, doesn't mean it is equal in quality etc - just like diamonique vs diamond or solid gold vs plate...

This depends on whether the QVC version is of good or superior quality itself, I doubt that it is having bought one. I posted the info about alternative retailers because theQvc item is more expensive than the alternative sellers for a similar item. People are free to make their own judgement and buy from wherever they choose, the information I gave I hope, will help them to save a few pennies.

I use my cubes every. Day as living room storage and seating and side tables and cannot fault them. But I don't expect them to last as long as the handmade solid wood table I bought from a local carpenter which cost nearly £250.

Last edited:
I found the square version on QVC's website (not the one with the animal print lid) yesterday, so I've finally ordered myself one. I got it in red for my dressing table (the bedding has red in it), but I am thinking about getting the cream on too for by the front door.

I really like what was yesterdays TSV, but I just have no need/room in my home for it.

I actually ordered another of the square ones last night when I got in from work, in cream, for by my front door (this is what I actually wanted the one for originally when I missed both TSVs), as I've noticed when people come to visit (like my young nephews or my older parents) they struggle for somewhere to put their shoes back on. I will also store items that I am taking out of the house in it, rather than leave them by the front door for my kitten to attack.

I did look at getting the bench version, but it was too long for the space I have.

Knowing my luck, the square one will be back as a TSV soon, lol! :( ...

My order has been shipped but with no tracking information - helpful! I rang CS to see if it was coming via RM but was told it is via their courier XDP. I have never had them before, are they OK and do they not generally do tracking??? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Mine arrived today and despite phoning up to order the TSV I got a similar, smaller one with no dividers for the same price. I was very peeved as I had noticed the price was wrong on my confirmation the same day and phoned up to query it, but I still got the wrong one. Now I have the inconvenience of sending it back blah blah, although they are sending me another at the TSV price. The CS guy (who was very polite and very helpful) told me there were 3 different sizes and 3 prices on the TSV and I'd ordered the medium. If there were then I completely missed that. I really like these, they're good quality and despite the hassle I really want what I ordered. Hope the changeover goes well.

CC

That is a load of baloney! There were no size options on the day, just a choice of colours. He spoke with forked tongue!!!!

I bought a burgundy one from Poundstretcher a couple of years ago, when it was organising a craft room.
First used it to hold boxes of 12x12 craft papers then reorganised and now use it to hold my most used shoes. My posh ones stay in boxes but the others just get thrown in the storage box.hubby much prefers using it for my shoes causes he got sick of tripping over them in the hall and used to moan that you could only wear one pair at a time so why did I need four pairs at the door!........men just don't " get" women an shoes do they?

It's lasted really well, as you can imagine the papers weighed a lot, it was full to the top plus it had other craft stuff stored on top.

Get 'em where you can and where you can get the colour you want

Last edited:
I found the square version on QVC's website (not the one with the animal print lid) yesterday, so I've finally ordered myself one. I got it in red for my dressing table (the bedding has red in it), but I am thinking about getting the cream on too for by the front door.

I really like what was yesterdays TSV, but I just have no need/room in my home for it.

My square (red) ottoman arrived Wednesday and I unboxed it & put it in the spare room yesterday and it's great. I love it.

I can't wait for my cream one to arrive now (hopefully today).

I was worried about colour matching for both of them, but the red one has turned out fine, so I think this one will be too.

Well mine still hasn't arrived via stupid XDP couriers, boo hiss! Perhaps writing this will tempt fate. I have already drafted my email to Mr Boyd about using a courier with no tracking service, when said courier clearly does offer a tracking service on their website yet Q cannot provide the consignment number for you to use it. Pathetic. No doubt that would have cost them more!!!!!

Latest posts

Back