New Liz Earle Cleanser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ordered online. Sorry I know this isn’t LE. I’ll feedback on a new thread.
Was it this you went for looking forwards to see how you get on.

Attachments

• 9E80BB06-0C47-4071-AD5B-507963F45319.jpeg
    9E80BB06-0C47-4071-AD5B-507963F45319.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 45
My Aldi cleansing balm arrived today, and I’ve just tried it. Not impressed sadly… the smell is a bit off putting, and it just feels like I’m rubbing Vaseline into my skin. The cloth looks brilliant, but where it’s two pieces of cloth joined together, it moves about and is really difficult to clean with. My skin felt quite dry afterwards. Glad I managed to try it, but won’t buy it again.

My Aldi cleansing balm arrived today, and I’ve just tried it. Not impressed sadly… the smell is a bit off putting, and it just feels like I’m rubbing Vaseline into my skin. The cloth looks brilliant, but where it’s two pieces of cloth joined together, it moves about and is really difficult to clean with. My skin felt quite dry afterwards. Glad I managed to try it, but won’t buy it again.
How dId you find it compares to the EH balm and their cloth?

That’s a shame. I have it and really like it, the cloth too.

Sorry you didn't like the Aldi cleansing balm. I absolutely love it. It has a very light fragrance sort of neroli/ lemon but not strong at all. It has a lovely, melting texture on the skin and my face feels very hydrated and soft after using it. My skin is on the dry side and it's very sensitive but it hasn't caused me any problems.
Their Vanilla Honey bath is a knock off of Laura Mercier ... obviously not quite the same but really not too bad for £5.99.

Sorry you didn't like the Aldi cleansing balm. I absolutely love it. It has a very light fragrance sort of neroli/ lemon but not strong at all. It has a lovely, melting texture on the skin and my face feels very hydrated and soft after using it. My skin is on the dry side and it's very sensitive but it hasn't caused me any problems.
Their Vanilla Honey bath is a knock off of Laura Mercier ... obviously not quite the same but really not too bad for £5.99.
I will use it up, so might change my mind. The cloth is a big no, just too annoying. I‘m tempted to get my EH cloth out to see how they compare, although the Aldi one has already gone in the bin. Havent got an Elemis cloth…

I will use it up, so might change my mind. The cloth is a big no, just too annoying. I‘m tempted to get my EH cloth out to see how they compare, although the Aldi one has already gone in the bin. Havent got an Elemis cloth…
Personally, I think you can’t beat a good old-fashioned cotton flannel. They are often now sold in bundles. I’ve seen them in Tesco and IKEA so reckon other stores have to be doing it too.

That’s a shame. I nipped into my local Aldi this morning hoping that they’d have some left and I was in luck. Managed to get two tubs so they will definitely keep me going for a while.
I agree with you about the cloths though. Although saying that, I’m not keen on the Emma Hardie ones either. I agree with May, a flannel does me, but I generally don’t bother and just wash it off when I get in the shower.

That’s a shame. I nipped into my local Aldi this morning hoping that they’d have some left and I was in luck. Managed to get two tubs so they will definitely keep me going for a while.
I agree with you about the cloths though. Although saying that, I’m not keen on the Emma Hardie ones either. I agree with May, a flannel does me, but I generally don’t bother and just wash it off when I get in the shower.
Glad you managed to get some. I used it again this morning before the shower. The smell I can live with, but it definitely does dry my skin. Having said all that, I bought it to use in the summer to take off my ultrasun, and I think it would do that really well.
Glad it’s not just me who dislikes the cloth! I removed it with my LE muslin cloth this morning but I think a flannel is the way forward.

I am going to have to order the Rose and Lavender C & P in the tube and not the pump, as they seem to have stopped selling that. I am not happy about the change from the pump system.

Before I started using the Rose and Lavender Pump, I used the plain C & P tube (not the pump), and always disliked the smell of plastic that had. It may just be my nose as my OH says I should have been a police sniffer dog as I can always smell things that he can't. :ROFLMAO: It doesn't get great reviews on the LE site. Anyway I shall give it a whirl and see what I think. They can have it back if I don't like it.

I am going to have to order the Rose and Lavender C & P in the tube and not the pump, as they seem to have stopped selling that. I am not happy about the change from the pump system.

Before I started using the Rose and Lavender Pump, I used the plain C & P tube (not the pump), and always disliked the smell of plastic that had. It may just be my nose as my OH says I should have been a police sniffer dog as I can always smell things that he can't. :ROFLMAO: It doesn't get great reviews on the LE site. Anyway I shall give it a whirl and see what I think. They can have it back if I don't like it.
I have some bad news. The rose & lavender in the new tube has a new formulation. It is very thick and clumpy. Like you say you can always return it. Qvc have some of the pump left in a trio and free postage and 3 easy pay code this weekend.

Latest posts

Back