Ninja TSV 29/04/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is good, yes. But it is expensive and rather quirky to operate. It took us half an hour to work out how to turn it on. First, working out where the power button was and then wondering why it wouldn't turn on after using it. We eventually sussed you have to press the Reset button on the plug or it won't work!

We did pulled pork in it and used the Smoker option, using the supplied pellets. Essentially, we cooked the pork in the inside oven for some hours, and then finished it off for the last hour or so in the smoker, and it came out fantastically well.

The other plus point about it is, it is relatively mess free, unlike the nightmare of having to clean a conventional charcoal barbecue, for example. You remove the grill tray, and one or two other small bits and pieces, and that's the cleaning done.

Although I believe they say you can leave it outside, reading in between the lines for really foul weather, I don't think it is up to being left out in that situation. Therefore, I have found a place for it in the kitchen, and we will just use it outside as and when needed.

As I said, I think it is a really good piece of kit with one or two annoyingly difficult features that hinder your operating it initially at least. I would shop around for it, too. I got it for £50 less than list. I would also not go for the Ninja trolley to support the grill. It is an horrendous amount of money when you compare what else you can get for much cheaper. I bought a rival brand's version and paid about £70 less than what Ninja want to charge for theirs.

I used to love Ninja but I've gone off them. They're not as good as they used to be - probably because they've become popular. I'll stick to my £20 Argos Barbie and my bag of coals. Mr CC always does a fab BBQ and I like the real flame charcoal taste on food. I always think if it's not cooked on flames you might as well just cook it on the cooker. Each to their own though.

CC

If I like the look of it first time I buy it & this works 100% of the time! I prefer not to read a 10 page review😴,life is waayyy too short😃

I think it is the Ninja BBQ that's the tsv as Pipa has been promoting it on her Instagram. It looks fantastic would love one.

I have an electric BBQ that was from Aldi a few years ago and it's brilliant. I toast pieces of wood on it then add my food to cook and it's lovely.

I do love my Aldi BBQ but it's not a Ninja but I don't think I can justify the cost even with easy payments.

Oooh Runnerbean I might just gatecrash your BBQ lol. If we had more people to come round I'd definitely consider what you do with your electric BBQ but there's only me, Bry and Mr CC so we just get by with our charcoal one. Our families don't live near so no need really for anything bigger. QVC would have you believe that in fantasy Q world everyone has barbies and garden parties every week in summer. Really doubt that's the case.

CC

Oooh Runnerbean I might just gatecrash your BBQ lol. If we had more people to come round I'd definitely consider what you do with your electric BBQ but there's only me, Bry and Mr CC so we just get by with our charcoal one. Our families don't live near so no need really for anything bigger. QVC would have you believe that in fantasy Q world everyone has barbies and garden parties every week in summer. Really doubt that's the case.

CC
You're more than welcome Candycane!

The Aldi BBQ is idea for 2 to 4 people and it was only £35 it sits in a frame with legs that you can lift out the BBQ itself and it can be used indoors on the worktop. It's brilliant for pancakes! It has a smooth cooking plate and a lined part which is idea for steak and a little rack to heat buns! It gets used all year round.

If you see one this summer at Aldi grab it! It's easy to clean too.

I've definitely talked myself out the Ninja. 😂

CC

Just in case anybody gets one - here is where … 62D07EC5-2B13-46EE-9656-CEBC93FA6BB6.jpeg

the ON/OFF button is buried away…Hopefully somebody showcasing it might mention this if it does become the TSV ever. Went spare looking for it.

Latest posts

Back