OH, Pleeeeease !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is frustrating that the biggest taboo now is becoming to be a female from birth with no desire to change sex or gender.
Trans is big business, as it enforces permanent medicalisation for the rest of the transitioning person's life. KERCHING, KERCHING, KERCHING!!!!

There was a post in either The Guardian or Telegraph regarding State Pension being unaffordable and one comment was DNR should be on everybody over 70's medical records.
My mum, who is in her 80's and has never been ill in her life and never goes to the doctors, had gone to get covid jabs etc at her GP and happened to see her file which had DNR written on it (this is true BTW). She happened to mention it to me and asked did I know what that meant. She wasn't horrified as she actually doesn't want to be kept alive if she collapses but she was mightily pissed off that no one had mentioned this to her or asked her. This can't be right can it?

CC

I totally agree.

I do feel for the very tiny minority that genuinely struggles with dysphoria but I also object to those with an agenda to push youngsters to 'change' sex. Large organisations with a lot of money behind them push this as LGB no longer pays (legalising marriage finished that cause off). Scotland pushing the GRR. Why? If a person wants to legally change their gender they should have to go through hoops or the system gets abused and men like Isla Bryson, Karen White and many others put women in danger.

My friend is a music and arts teacher. She has abuse from some of the boys due to the Andrew Tate effect but says she'd rather suffer that than be a teen girl now. Some are so traumatised by abuse and nastiness from boys her age that they bind their breasts to hide them and pretend to be lesbians. Some girls are going the 'sex-change' route because of this but my friend says these are the girls that in a decade will de-transition after mutilating their bodies.

The boys in her school started abusing the system and 'identifying' as female to gain access to toilets and changing rooms. After many complaints from parents the school took it upon itself to change the toilets to gender-neutral. That solved that little problem but due to HSE regs gaps under/over doors have been left so now the boys are sneaking photos with their phones and damaging sanitary bins.

I honestly despair.
This won't end well will it?

CC

It is frustrating that the biggest taboo now is becoming to be a female from birth with no desire to change sex or gender.
Trans is big business, as it enforces permanent medicalisation for the rest of the transitioning person's life. KERCHING, KERCHING, KERCHING!!!!

Oh, yes. A huge money-spinner for big pharma.

I use HRT patches and at one point could not get hold of them for months. Men wanting female hormones had no problem getting their repeats.

My mum, who is in her 80's and has never been ill in her life and never goes to the doctors, had gone to get covid jabs etc at her GP and happened to see her file which had DNR written on it (this is true BTW). She happened to mention it to me and asked did I know what that meant. She wasn't horrified as she actually doesn't want to be kept alive if she collapses but she was mightily pissed off that no one had mentioned this to her or asked her. This can't be right can it?

CC

Unfortunately, CC, it is. DNRs were handed out during Covid where a lot of people first heard of them. I worked on a geriatric/EMI ward for a few years. Those without family to fight for them were often given a DNR without their knowledge. Even some of those with families that visited regularly were given them. If it was brought up the staff would say the patient asked for it even if they had no idea what it was.

Uh ho, time to check with mum exactly what she wants and then have it out with her GP. I always suspected my lovely Gran was "hurried along" with that Liverpool care pathway shite when she got emptied into the hospice. Absolutely awful the way we treat the elderly and now that I'm getting to be less than young I'm getting to be quite interested.

CC

Uh ho, time to check with mum exactly what she wants and then have it out with her GP. I always suspected my lovely Gran was "hurried along" with that Liverpool care pathway shite when she got emptied into the hospice. Absolutely awful the way we treat the elderly and now that I'm getting to be less than young I'm getting to be quite interested.

CC

I'm so sorry to hear that about your lovely Gran, CC.

We're older and wiser but still considered sub-human when we pass 60. Especially women.

My mum, while not openly "hurried along" was actively not treated as she should have been. Working in the geriatric ward after she passed really opened my eyes to what goes on. Ours was a good hospital and care was genuine but the DNR attitude was rife as we didn't have an urgent care department. The tales I'd hear from other hospitals about elderly patients not being helped to eat or given enough to drink when they clearly needed it would make your toes curl.

It's very, very sad and a true marker of how our society has degraded.

About 6 weeks ago I was very ill and alone. Suffice to say I spent 3 days one weekend in the bathroom with stomach cramps, eventually passing blood. I should have gone to A & E but I was too weak and I had a little dog to be organised if they kept me in. I decided the next day to stay for however long on the phone to speak to the surgery. I was at first fobbed off by the receptionist, but as soon as I mentioned my age and blood I was assured someone would call me. They did and was given a face to face appt later in the day. However before the appointment I was called again to go straight to A & E. (in my own mind I needed antibiotics to be 'sorted')

Long story short, on being called into Triage - it turned out to be the Consultant of A & E who was doing a shift to help out. After recalling my symptoms she then said "WHY HAVE YOU COME TO A & E ?" of course I said my surgery had sent me. Clearly she was really angry, and said "YOUR GP SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOU FACE TO FACE AND TREATED YOU ". I could really understand her frustration (I was treated satisfactorily by a doctor and given antibiotics), because in her eyes the surgeries are now offloading a lot of cases to A & E instead of being treated locally. It took a few minutes to see me and was sent on my way, something that could have been done at my surgery.

It was a scary experience, because how long would I have waited for an ambulance ? a surgery that takes forever to answer a phone and then doctors who wont see you. I even contemplated finding a private GP just to be seen by someone !!

There are so many unacceptable horror stories now that I don't know where its going.

I recently had a visitor from Switzerland stay with me (she's an ICU nurse), and yes they are experiencing heavy work loads within their health service, BUT she was beyond shocked when I said I couldn't get to see a local doctor.

Oh, yes. A huge money-spinner for big pharma.

I use HRT patches and at one point could not get hold of them for months. Men wanting female hormones had no problem getting their repeats.

Unfortunately, CC, it is. DNRs were handed out during Covid where a lot of people first heard of them. I worked on a geriatric/EMI ward for a few years. Those without family to fight for them were often given a DNR without their knowledge. Even some of those with families that visited regularly were given them. If it was brought up the staff would say the patient asked for it even if they had no idea what it was.
One way of keeping NHS costs down isn't it kill the older and more vunerable. TBH I am not suprised! For those that have eyes let them see!

There was a post in either The Guardian or Telegraph regarding State Pension being unaffordable and one comment was DNR should be on everybody over 70's medical records.
To be honest, I have read online forums with numerous comments about pensioners getting everything. Pensioners are now grouped with scroungers always getting government help.

My late mum had bowel cancer, she felt very ill one day and asked me to call an ambulance. Tests revealed her bowel had perforated and nothing could be done and that it was terminal. She didn't want to go to a hospice and it was agreed she could come home where I could look after her with carers. She was OK the next day (still in hospital) but went downhill after that.

The next day I was phoned saying get here quick as she's fading fast. All this was totally overwhelming. What made it worse was other staff coming in and trying to deal with the paperwork to bring her home - she was literally dying in front of us. I tried to tell them but they continued processing the paperwork. I had to get the nurse to get rid of them. She died about half an hour after they left the room.

My late mum had bowel cancer, she felt very ill one day and asked me to call an ambulance. Tests revealed her bowel had perforated and nothing could be done and that it was terminal. She didn't want to go to a hospice and it was agreed she could come home where I could look after her with carers. She was OK the next day (still in hospital) but went downhill after that.

The next day I was phoned saying get here quick as she's fading fast. All this was totally overwhelming. What made it worse was other staff coming in and trying to deal with the paperwork to bring her home - she was literally dying in front of us. I tried to tell them but they continued processing the paperwork. I had to get the nurse to get rid of them. She died about half an hour after they left the room.
I am sorry for your loss made worse by the situation. Hugs

I totally agree.

I do feel for the very tiny minority that genuinely struggles with dysphoria but I also object to those with an agenda to push youngsters to 'change' sex. Large organisations with a lot of money behind them push this as LGB no longer pays (legalising marriage finished that cause off). Scotland pushing the GRR. Why? If a person wants to legally change their gender they should have to go through hoops or the system gets abused and men like Isla Bryson, Karen White and many others put women in danger.

My friend is a music and arts teacher. She has abuse from some of the boys due to the Andrew Tate effect but says she'd rather suffer that than be a teen girl now. Some are so traumatised by abuse and nastiness from boys her age that they bind their breasts to hide them and pretend to be lesbians. Some girls are going the 'sex-change' route because of this but my friend says these are the girls that in a decade will de-transition after mutilating their bodies.

The boys in her school started abusing the system and 'identifying' as female to gain access to toilets and changing rooms. After many complaints from parents the school took it upon itself to change the toilets to gender-neutral. That solved that little problem but due to HSE regs gaps under/over doors have been left so now the boys are sneaking photos with their phones and damaging sanitary bins.

I honestly despair.
🤬

About 6 weeks ago I was very ill and alone. Suffice to say I spent 3 days one weekend in the bathroom with stomach cramps, eventually passing blood. I should have gone to A & E but I was too weak and I had a little dog to be organised if they kept me in. I decided the next day to stay for however long on the phone to speak to the surgery. I was at first fobbed off by the receptionist, but as soon as I mentioned my age and blood I was assured someone would call me. They did and was given a face to face appt later in the day. However before the appointment I was called again to go straight to A & E. (in my own mind I needed antibiotics to be 'sorted')

Long story short, on being called into Triage - it turned out to be the Consultant of A & E who was doing a shift to help out. After recalling my symptoms she then said "WHY HAVE YOU COME TO A & E ?" of course I said my surgery had sent me. Clearly she was really angry, and said "YOUR GP SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOU FACE TO FACE AND TREATED YOU ". I could really understand her frustration (I was treated satisfactorily by a doctor and given antibiotics), because in her eyes the surgeries are now offloading a lot of cases to A & E instead of being treated locally. It took a few minutes to see me and was sent on my way, something that could have been done at my surgery.

It was a scary experience, because how long would I have waited for an ambulance ? a surgery that takes forever to answer a phone and then doctors who wont see you. I even contemplated finding a private GP just to be seen by someone !!

There are so many unacceptable horror stories now that I don't know where its going.

I recently had a visitor from Switzerland stay with me (she's an ICU nurse), and yes they are experiencing heavy work loads within their health service, BUT she was beyond shocked when I said I couldn't get to see a local doctor.
That is why A&E waiting times are so long.
We watch 24 hours in A&E and the number of people in A&E with,to be honest,paltry little things is appalling.
One girl was complaining that she was having to wait for 2 hours of more had dropped an ironing board on her foot. It wasn't bruised or swollen and she wasn't limping. Then there are the drunks and druggies at the weekend filling up the resus.

♥️♥️

To be honest, I have read online forums with numerous comments about pensioners getting everything. Pensioners are now grouped with scroungers always getting government help.
🤬 Well most pensioners have worked from 16 or so onwards and a huge number of people complaining have probably never worked. Seems that if they can't be footballers or on reality TV garbage they don't want to work.
Our local credit union can't open fully as there are vacancies that they can't get filled. It's the same with our local wildlife cafe they've only just managed to fill a couple of vacancies and have only been open a few days a week with limited menu.
I've a friend, my age, whose older brother has never worked,he wanted to be a jockey and didn't make the grade so just didn't want to do anything else.

🤬 Well most pensioners have worked from 16 or so onwards and a huge number of people complaining have probably never worked. Seems that if they can't be footballers or on reality TV garbage they don't want to work.
Our local credit union can't open fully as there are vacancies that they can't get filled. It's the same with our local wildlife cafe they've only just managed to fill a couple of vacancies and have only been open a few days a week with limited menu.
I've a friend, my age, whose older brother has never worked,he wanted to be a jockey and didn't make the grade so just didn't want to do anything else.

We seem to be ruining our young people by hook or by crook in this country. I don't understand how parents can't see this. I was brought up to be independent, self-sufficient and respectful. I brought my daughter up to be the same. I don't have grandchildren yet but I see friends that spoil their kids and grandkids to the point that they're entitled and unpleasant to be around. Even some of the parents don't like their kids, freely admitting it, but can't do anything about it now.

I am so sorry for your loss, and the surrounding events which must have made it an even more difficult situation.

That is why A&E waiting times are so long.
We watch 24 hours in A&E and the number of people in A&E with,to be honest,paltry little things is appalling.
One girl was complaining that she was having to wait for 2 hours of more had dropped an ironing board on her foot. It wasn't bruised or swollen and she wasn't limping. Then there are the drunks and druggies at the weekend filling up the resus.

This is true. On my visit to A & E it did appear to be so much busier because most of the seats were taken up by relatives of those attending. I was sat next to a young girl who was tapping on her phone the whole time, another young couple sat munching their crisps and coke as though it was the cinema !!! and were hardly writhing on the floor in agony. I also saw several young couples walk through the door, saw how full it was and turned and went out again. No wonder the Consultant I saw was furious at the unnecessary workload her department was experiencing.

We seem to be ruining our young people by hook or by crook in this country. I don't understand how parents can't see this. I was brought up to be independent, self-sufficient and respectful. I brought my daughter up to be the same. I don't have grandchildren yet but I see friends that spoil their kids and grandkids to the point that they're entitled and unpleasant to be around. Even some of the parents don't like their kids, freely admitting it, but can't do anything about it now.
I have relatives who have the oldest son who is on his x box all night the middle wants something to do with cooking but won't work in a restaurant because the works too hard. He left college after a few months as he didn't like it.

Latest posts

Back