Out of their mind

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
for the Out of Office prices !

So they justify the cost because its Cashmere BLEND. Talk about Emperors New Clothes. Its like there is an attitude of "sod the cost of living crisis" we'll get'em with the 3 / 4 easy pays.

I wouldn't buy that range if it was a third of the price, pretty bog standard for a card at £170 or a pair of joggers for £99 !!! nooooooooo !

You’d soon be out of money if you bought any of this overpriced trash! Just watching a Badgely Mischka hour and for a change I can say that the stuff looks wearable and well made. The stuff’s pricey, but not ridiculously so, unlike MW and her paper thin squares of fabric and horse blankets and now Kim and co who’s prices have shot through the roof, even Denim and co prices are a joke. Dannii and Langsford need to give their heads a wobble - designers they are not and their prices should reflect that!

for the Out of Office prices !

So they justify the cost because its Cashmere BLEND. Talk about Emperors New Clothes. Its like there is an attitude of "sod the cost of living crisis" we'll get'em with the 3 / 4 easy pays.

I wouldn't buy that range if it was a third of the price, pretty bog standard for a card at £170 or a pair of joggers for £99 !!! nooooooooo !
There's 'cashmere' and there's 'cashmere'. Top quality costs hundreds and really does last for years. The type I had was cashmere and silk blend. It was a polo neck jumper and washed and wore without any change in its appearance. Soft and comfortable too. It got tossed away in error and I've never forgiven myself. I can't afford to replace it, unfortunately and probably never will.

M & S are selling Fair Isle jumpers lovely designs but when I looked there is only 4% wool, the rest polyester and other synthetic. I thought that was cheating. I now stick with the merino wool.

Oh, M&S have 15% off if you have a Sparks card and 20% off beauty at the moment.

I've had a quick look at M&S and their cashmere knits are a fair old bit cheaper than Out of Office's offerings, the difference being that the M&S stuff is 100% cashmere. The zip up hoodie however, was just £1 dearer in Marks, but when you consider it contains 70% more cashmere that can't be bad, and of course how could I forget the ridiculous £5.95 Qvc want for postage! Marks won't charge you a penny if the order's over £50!
To be honest, I'd prefer a blend as I'd be a bit nervous wearing pure cashmere but I'd not be prepared to pay pure cashmere prices and then some for the pleasure. I remember having a couple of "cashmasoft" jumpers back in the day, cheap as chips, possibly from IW and they looked and felt fab!
This is the trouble with Q, they are unable don't want to bring us affordable brands, even the high street brands they feature are from the pricey end of the market. That's fair enough I guess if they want to portray this "high end" image, but the way the economy is going at the moment, this could come back and bite them on the bum. From the snapshot I've seen via Qurio though, I get the impression that their loyal customers would rather get themselves into debt than to curb their spending or shop around for better deals, Qurio, I'd imagine is just the tip of the iceberg. Said this time and time again, we all have, but until Q start feeling the pinch, nothing will ever change. They'll pay lip service to the financial climate via ez pays, feature prices (a couple of quid off) and send us clause ridden £5 vouchers and they'll mention hard times but will use this to justify our spending more, I can hear them now - "A lot of us will be struggling financially at the moment, so you don't want to be having to replace cheap, poor quality clothing", "I know this is a considered purchase, but it'll last you for years, and your bank balance will thank you for it"!

- As basic as this sounds, if you look after your clothes, then they should last you for years. Follow washing instructions ,don't overload the machine, use wash bags for delicate items, turn stuff inside out in the machine, use an ironing cloth or turn garments inside out, attack stains immediately, and get a decent set of coat hangers. I wear a uniform at work, so when I get home I bung on pj's or loungewear, and if I'm going out for the evening I'll change into my gladrags once I've eaten dinner, obviously going out for a meal is different - but imvho clothing should not have to be an investment. The biggest problem with Q's clothing is that it's only the prices that are high, it's extremely doubtful that you're getting superior quality. Can they honestly say hand on heart that paying double/three times the price you'd pay in lets say M&S for a top from RL's range that it will stay looking good for longer? Of course they can't! Yep, I get it that Kim's stuff is pretty low maintenance, as you can roll it up and chuck it in a suitcase, but that surely works for any non-iron polyester fabric.

They still have a presence in some European cities. Were they originally a Dutch company? I bought loads the last time I was in Prague for next to no money.

Just back from Spain and can’t believe the price rise in eating out compared to my last visit just before lockdown, even more expensive than Italy last month which I felt had kept their prices quite steady since lockdown.

I love a bit of Cashmere, but its only lusted after on the rails, which generally stop at a size 16/18. Far too expensive to cater for us larger gals.

I'm rubbish at throwing clothes away, but I do have a self imposed ban on poly/elastene which have all been consigned to charity. Lots of my 'stuff' is years old - in fact I still wear daily a pink quilted lightweight jacket with a now faded corduroy collar, which I bought in 2006 from TK Maxx for my first ever cruise trip ! its been washed and washed and with decent pockets is great for dog walking and nipping to the shops.

I've had a quick look at M&S and their cashmere knits are a fair old bit cheaper than Out of Office's offerings, the difference being that the M&S stuff is 100% cashmere. The zip up hoodie however, was just £1 dearer in Marks, but when you consider it contains 70% more cashmere that can't be bad, and of course how could I forget the ridiculous £5.95 Qvc want for postage! Marks won't charge you a penny if the order's over £50!
To be honest, I'd prefer a blend as I'd be a bit nervous wearing pure cashmere but I'd not be prepared to pay pure cashmere prices and then some for the pleasure. I remember having a couple of "cashmasoft" jumpers back in the day, cheap as chips, possibly from IW and they looked and felt fab!
This is the trouble with Q, they are unable don't want to bring us affordable brands, even the high street brands they feature are from the pricey end of the market. That's fair enough I guess if they want to portray this "high end" image, but the way the economy is going at the moment, this could come back and bite them on the bum. From the snapshot I've seen via Qurio though, I get the impression that their loyal customers would rather get themselves into debt than to curb their spending or shop around for better deals, Qurio, I'd imagine is just the tip of the iceberg. Said this time and time again, we all have, but until Q start feeling the pinch, nothing will ever change. They'll pay lip service to the financial climate via ez pays, feature prices (a couple of quid off) and send us clause ridden £5 vouchers and they'll mention hard times but will use this to justify our spending more, I can hear them now - "A lot of us will be struggling financially at the moment, so you don't want to be having to replace cheap, poor quality clothing", "I know this is a considered purchase, but it'll last you for years, and your bank balance will thank you for it"!
Talking about Qurio I took a little look at the videos and saw a couple by one of the ladies about their purchases of the Mr Chrustmas Illuminated Ceramic Nostalgic Christmas Trees (that's a mouthful) Well the white one just makes me think of a host of perky boobs with multicolored jelly tots for nipples! 😲 My bad - I will go stand in the corner and say to myself 'My name is ArticMule. I am disgusting' (apologies to that Friends episode)

Talking about Qurio I took a little look at the videos and saw a couple by one of the ladies about their purchases of the Mr Chrustmas Illuminated Ceramic Nostalgic Christmas Trees (that's a mouthful) Well the white one just makes me think of a host of perky boobs with multicolored jelly tots for nipples! 😲 My bad - I will go stand in the corner and say to myself 'My name is ArticMule. I am disgusting' (apologies to that Friends episode)
It’s pretty hideous and illustrates my point perfectly- this lady bought two of these hideous monstrosities at over £40 a pop, I don’t think Q need to worry. Love your analogy- all I can see is a load overpriced unnecessary tat!

It’s pretty hideous and illustrates my point perfectly-s this lady bought two of these hideous monstrosities at over £40 a pop, I don’t think Q need to worry. Love your analogy- all I can see is a load overpriced unnecessary tat!
So this lady bought TWO trees that looked like boobs .. . . . Hope she doesn't invite me round for Christmas or anything :LOL::devilish:

CC

Latest posts

Back