P&P Refund

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SusieSue

Registered Shopper
I have added this to another thread but incase you don't read it I did a bit of research on the trading standards and Which? websites and found that QVC have no choice but to refund the outbound P&P costs that they charged you should you to return an item.

Under the Consumer Contract Regulations which implemented the Consumer Rights Directive in UK law applies to all purchases made at a distance and came into law on the 14th June 2014 replacing the Distance Selling Regulations and it states that....The original cost of the outbound postage to you should always be refunded by the seller.

However they are not bound to refund cost of returning the item unless it is faulty or not as described.

Try quoting that to a telephone jockey.:mysmilie_14:

Q does cover this in their FAQs:

http://www.qvcuk.com/CustomerCareReturns.content.html

I think it's a bit mean to call the reps 'phone jockeys'; they're trying to do a job just like anyone else and it won't be their fault if a postage refund hasn't been processed.

They've always refunded the P&P straight away if there has been a problem with the refund missing it out so no need to go in expecting a fight.

The website says:

Returning under your statutory cancellation right

As well as your 30-day QVC money back guarantee, you also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase within 14 days of receiving the products (subject to the exceptions stated below).

You can cancel by sending us the cancellation form provided; by writing to us at Dept R (Cancellations), QVC, South Boundary Road, Liverpool, L70 2QA; via email; or over the phone - simply contact us. You should keep evidence of having given notice of cancellation.

You must return the products to us (at your own risk and cost) within 14 days of notifying us of your cancellation in accordance with the return instructions and invoice enclosed with your order. If the products are unsuitable for return by post, you will be responsible for the cost of couriering them to us; if you contact Customer Care we will try to provide you with an estimate of the courier cost.

We will refund the full purchase price together with the standard delivery charge paid within 14 days of receiving the returned products or proof of postage. If you chose to pay for express delivery, we will only refund the cost of standard delivery. You must, however, take care of the products before you return them. We may reduce the amount we refund to you if you use them, damage them or otherwise do something beyond what is reasonably necessary to examine them that reduces their resale value.

You do not have the legal right to cancel the following items: (i) perishable products e.g. food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have removed from the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons that you have removed from the sealed packaging.

It might be on their FAQ's but it is not their practise to do an automatic refund of P&P costs, I have had to argue the point with them on a couple of occasions and if a customer does not check the FAQ's quite possibly they would not be aware of their legal rights as it is not stated in the return instructions on the invoice, it only states that they will get a replacement/refund.

As for using the term 'telephone jockey' I have worked in a call centre and it is what we called ourselves (we would occasionally go to work dressed in riding gear and our supervisor had a riding crop in her office but that's another story)

The Law doesn't require the refund of the original postage to be 'automatic'; the buyer should notify the seller that they wish to cancel the sale. That *should* then be noted on the system ready for processing when the item is returned.

Mistakes will happen now and again but I've always found the CS to be willing to put this right when it's brought to their attention.

I normally email CS using the original order email, and in a couple of days get a reply that they made a note on my account, so I have it in writing just in case and it feels safer this way although takes a while. Then if they 'forgot' to refund the postage I email again and they can see what was said.

It should be emphasised that if you intend to return something to QVC under these regulations you can't take advantage of the 30-day mbg and actually use the the goods. To return under these regulations the law allows you "to examine them as you would in a shop", so you can't wear clothes to a party and then wash them and then return them under these regulations. You can try them on as you would in a shop but they should be returned but in sellable condition complete with tags. With make-up and skincare you can open the packaging and look at the various items, but you can't try them if you want to return under these regulations and get your P&P back. So if you want to try your Laura Geller TSV you give up the right to a refund of your P&P and just return under the normal 30 day mbg.

You're also required to take reasonable care of the goods before you return them under these regulations so that they're resellable, so even if you haven't used something, if you manage to damage it before you return it you may get your P&P back, but the vendor is entitled to deduct an amount from the refund that reflects the diminished value of the goods.

Also, you must be sure to notify the vendor in writing by email letter or fax that you are returning the goods under the regulations and that you therefore wish your P&P to be refunded.

Latest posts

Back