Refunding outbound P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
I have returned one faulty item and cancelled another order recently within 14 days and contacted Q on both occasions.
Just checking my refunds and surprise surprise they have not refunded the outbound p&p .
I am sick of having to chase refunds that they don't process properly, imagine the number of people that don't check their bank statements:mad:

They make a big thing about returning p&p owed from the past because they were shamed into doing so then fall back into the same old ways? Foolish beyond comprehension.

I must be very naive because I imagined there would be an automatic refund of p&p when an item was returned & the barcode was read.

I’m returning something at the end of the week.

I rang CS yesterday because it could possibly get delayed in the post because of the New Year break, which could bork up the “return within 14 days” thing. He’s put a note on my account so that they do refund the outgoing P&P. If they don’t, guess who will be ringing CS again? :wi5nk:

I must be very naive because I imagined there would be an automatic refund of p&p when an item was returned & the barcode was read.

You’re certainly not naive because with most companies that’s true. In QVC’s world it isn’t. The money leaves one’s bank account at breakneck speed, but re-enters it at a snail’s pace, usually after a few phone calls. They really should look at their prehistoric service.

You’re certainly not naive because with most companies that’s true. In QVC’s world it isn’t. The money leaves one’s bank account at breakneck speed, but re-enters it at a snail’s pace, usually after a few phone calls. They really should look at their prehistoric service.

All they have to do is read this forum, no need to employ management consultants to tell them what to do

I’m returning something at the end of the week.

I rang CS yesterday because it could possibly get delayed in the post because of the New Year break, which could bork up the “return within 14 days” thing. He’s put a note on my account so that they do refund the outgoing P&P. If they don’t, guess who will be ringing CS again? :wi5nk:

That's what I did they are incompetent money grabbing idiots, bah humbug.

Well, I returned the item that I mentioned above on Friday 27th and have just had an email to let me know that they have received my item and my refund is on the way. It’s less than 48 hours since it left me, so that’s a record from QVC as far as I know.

Is it their New Year’s Resolution to speed things up or am I just lucky? Only time will tell, but I’ll let you know once the money has reached my bank account and whether or not the original P&P has been refunded as requested.

An update:

Item returned on 27th December, email on 29th December saying that they’d received it and the full refund, including the P&P, was in my bank account today. So 4 days in total from start to finish.

So, if they can manage it during the busy Christmas period, why does it usually take 10 - 14 days?

Answers on a postcard please. :RpS_blink:

I’m still waiting for one I posted a fortnight ago to show upon my order page as returned. I returned it the day it arrived & emailed them to say so. They acknowledged the email but not showing the return so I suppose I’ll have to contact them & send my proof of posting. It’s all such a pfaff. Expect when I ring I’ll get the 14 working days spiel.

So I'm currently fuming as I'd ordered a pair of Lola Rose earrings towards the end of November which arrived broken, the replacements also arrived broken (I emailed Lola Rose directly to say they needed to deal with QVC's treatment of their products as a matter of urgency) so I waited for a postage label to arrive which eventually turned up at the beginning of December.

I posted both sets of earrings back, finally got an email on 14 December to say they had been received and I had been refunded. There was still no sign of the refund after Xmas, so I chased them up and finally got a response today to say that the refund had been processed on 31st December - no apology, no acknowledgement of the sh*te service they offer, I'm appalled! I sent back a response expressing my extreme dissatisfaction but I know it will be ignored by the Stepford customer service reps, grrrr.

I've actually been toying with the idea of closing my account as I spend far too much on stuff I have no need of and I think this, along with discovering an expensive Lulu Guinness bag was actually sent by RM for the bargain price of £5.95, will be the final nail in the coffin for me. Absolutely dreadful treatment of their customers :RpS_cursing:

I know that this doesn't apply to QVC UK but some companies whereby you have paid via paypal you can claim upto 5 return postage (clearly why Q don't yet offer paypal as an option). So whilst it may not work for Q if you use other catalogue or online shopping services that accept paypal this may be a way forward. I know it didn't exactly help 'missmolly' in this instance but hey, I am here to confuse, that is my New Years Resolution!

I know that this doesn't apply to QVC UK but some companies whereby you have paid via paypal you can claim upto 5 return postage (clearly why Q don't yet offer paypal as an option). So whilst it may not work for Q if you use other catalogue or online shopping services that accept paypal this may be a way forward. I know it didn't exactly help 'missmolly' in this instance but hey, I am here to confuse, that is my New Years Resolution!

I may be wrong but I think PayPal charge a fee for this service

So I'm currently fuming as I'd ordered a pair of Lola Rose earrings towards the end of November which arrived broken, the replacements also arrived broken (I emailed Lola Rose directly to say they needed to deal with QVC's treatment of their products as a matter of urgency) so I waited for a postage label to arrive which eventually turned up at the beginning of December.

I posted both sets of earrings back, finally got an email on 14 December to say they had been received and I had been refunded. There was still no sign of the refund after Xmas, so I chased them up and finally got a response today to say that the refund had been processed on 31st December - no apology, no acknowledgement of the sh*te service they offer, I'm appalled! I sent back a response expressing my extreme dissatisfaction but I know it will be ignored by the Stepford customer service reps, grrrr.

I've actually been toying with the idea of closing my account as I spend far too much on stuff I have no need of and I think this, along with discovering an expensive Lulu Guinness bag was actually sent by RM for the bargain price of £5.95, will be the final nail in the coffin for me. Absolutely dreadful treatment of their customers :RpS_cursing:

If you do close the acct, please don't 'leave' the forum. I'd miss you!

If you do close the acct, please don't 'leave' the forum. I'd miss you!

Aw thanks SB, I definitely won't leave the forum but I think it will take a while to summon up the strength to close my account as it is...I'm proper addicted :RpS_blushing:

Aw thanks SB, I definitely won't leave the forum but I think it will take a while to summon up the strength to close my account as it is...I'm proper addicted :RpS_blushing:
I'd miss you too. In October I complained to the Q about a certain presenter & said I was considering closing my account, giving many reasons in addition to her rudeness, I was surprised to receive a grovelling reply! I haven't jettisoned them because there are a few brands I like that do have decent offers, however, I intend to buy less from them this year than last & the days of watching the Q belong to the dim & distant past.

I'd miss you too. In October I complained to the Q about a certain presenter & said I was considering closing my account, giving many reasons in addition to her rudeness, I was surprised to receive a grovelling reply! I haven't jettisoned them because there are a few brands I like that do have decent offers, however, I intend to buy less from them this year than last & the days of watching the Q belong to the dim & distant past.

Thanks Twilight and good for you taking a stand like that, maybe eventually Q will listen to their customers!

I may be wrong but I think PayPal charge a fee for this service

Paypal charges account holders to receive money in a commercial sense (including private ebay sellers) but no charge to transfer money in and out of bank accounts or receiving money from friends/family say for birthdays.

Latest posts

Back