Possible Intervention Needed 🤪

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

user 22184

Registered Shopper
For me. Not sure what the hell's happened to me, but I have recently developed an expensive JM Macdonald habit and have already bought two of his mirrors in the last two months! The truth is they actually look really nice now they're on the wall. I nearly bought one of his pouffes last week too! Mercifully I had to go to work, so the urge passed. I reviewed one of his large mirrors yesterday but it hasn't appeared on QVC yet.

Does anyone else feel guilty as hell at liking JM's gaudy, I mean beautiful pieces? If ever I buy one of his crystal swans, shoot me. 🤪

I just caught the very end of the show when the BA was suggesting pink glittery boxes for your dad (don’t think so) or for” 2 guys at a gay wedding.” Surprised this was considered ok with the PC police.

I just caught the very end of the show when the BA was suggesting pink glittery boxes for your dad (don’t think so) or for” 2 guys at a gay wedding.” Surprised this was considered ok with the PC police.
My dad fought in North Africa and was as tough as old boots yet loved what I considered naff coloured glass bits and bobs. If JD had been around a few years ago, dad might have been up for some glittery boxes or a blush pink furry pouffe!

Tell me, do you have to reinforce the walls ? because those mirrors look as though they weigh a ton !
The large mirror I bought this week really is heavy. If ever my review is posted, you'll be able to see the mirror in situ. I propped it against a wall. If you're going down the hanging route, you'll have to be sure you're drilling into the studs if your wall is plasterboard. A stone wall will obviously take the weight easily.

These are the photos I uploaded when I reviewed the mirror.

Attachments

• rsz_1jm_macdonald_chrome_and_gold_mirror_1 (1).jpg
    rsz_1jm_macdonald_chrome_and_gold_mirror_1 (1).jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 222
  • rsz_jm_macdonald_chrome_and_gold_mirror_2.jpg
    rsz_jm_macdonald_chrome_and_gold_mirror_2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 221
They aren’t usually my thing but I bought some JM trinket boxes as a leaving pressie for a colleague and they were beautiful. I did buy an Alison Cork mirror last year and that is really great.

Whatever your thing is, be happy and enjoy.

As long as you are not getting yourself into debt, it is your money.

I have a friend who has or had over 100 handbags, all stacked in storage boxes all over the living room and bedroom, as she lived in a one-bedroom flat. We are not talking Lulu Guinness etc ones bought from Monsoon and places like that when on sale. Then the Elvis ones bought in the US when on one of her Elvis tours. She moved and half of the bags went to charity her daughter did an intervention. Now she did change her handbag and purse every week.

I assume every person drooling over this mirrored tat, sorry designer artefacts, doesn't have small children visit them. Sharp corners are a hazard & those shiny surfaces attract sticky fingers like bees to a buddleja.

Latest posts

Back