Prints

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was in town today looking round the shops and whilst I didn't particularly noticed any dreary dresses I saw some a whole load of hideous checked stretchy crimpelene trousers with elasticated waists and I'm talking places like Next, Zara, New Look and Primark and not some granny boutique. Primark actually had a mannequin wearing a beige crimpelene suit with gold buttons and gold finials on the waist band this sort of thing was considered frumpy in the 1970's wft's going on?!

I know fashion is a merry go round, but the current fashion prints for dresses and tops are to me, so "old fashioned" and dreary. The prints are reminiscent to me of what my granny wore in the 1950s and 1960s - when grannies seemed old when in their 40s.
I was just watching a monsoon hour and the BA described those prints as “ gothic “ and very big on the catwalk.Dark background , huge bright prints.
Not my cup of tea and I also think they are a bit old fashioned a bit stretch furniture covers ,but everything gets recycled. Personally I prefer ditsy but it is out of favour so I avoid prints altogether.

Walked past Joe Browns in our shopping centre last week.
Hubby looked in and asked if it was a 1970's vintage shop.
I know what he meant the dresses were all hippy type and old fashioned and dreary.

Solid colours for me although I do have a couple of printed skirts but they’ve got geometric designs and can easily be teamed with plain tops. I steer away from gaudy colours and away from floral designs.

I like a floral but they can look horrendously frumpy. I'm not a big fan of patterns, I like Paisley but really don't like geometrics/abstract. I like a stripe and I like a polka dot too. I don't like anything to be too plain either especially when a bright colour is involved. I like a white blouse with some kind of detailing on it eg a peasant blouse but a "crisp white shirt" absolutely not, animal print is good for me in small measures, but most of my plain stuff is in muted colours, eg, I have pale pink sweatshirt but I wouldn't wear a bright red one, I often wear a grey sweater but I wouldn't want to wear a cobalt blue one. It's not that I don't like bright colours but on their own I think they can be a bit over powering especially next to mature skin, and greying hair.

It might have been Seasalt. It was a loose fitting dress in shades of Dijon mustard and dusty pink. I can't imagine what colours in nature inspired this combination. Ruth showed a new jumper in two colours. Both were very bright, almost colour clashing and had a design of peacock feathers. Ruth said she's always loved peacock feathers!

Yes, it was after the Seasalt hour that prompted me to comment. Dull as ditchwater colours. Or it's Kim & Co stretch cover prints. Like others on here my wardrobe is 90% block colours, can't beat safe and classy.

I was just watching a monsoon hour and the BA described those prints as “ gothic “ and very big on the catwalk.Dark background , huge bright prints.
Not my cup of tea and I also think they are a bit old fashioned a bit stretch furniture covers ,but everything gets recycled. Personally I prefer ditsy but it is out of favour so I avoid prints altogether.
I am a closet goth......the only thing holding me back is my complexion which is not sufficiently pale.

Latest posts

Back