Trainers with evrything!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
In the night show Jilly is wearing a lovely long white dress which really suits her and she looks lovely in it ,for a change , until you get to her feet and she has got blasted sparkly trainers on, I know I'm old-fashioned but I am sick to death of seeing trainers with every outfit the presenters might wear, this may be a fashion but it's a fashion that hopefully will die very soon, she would have looked so much nicer with a pair of ordinary shoes on.

They will not be going away for a very long time. I was out and about in Belfast city centre on Saturday sitting at the bus people watching. And women of all ages 70+ by the look wearing white trainers with their summer dresses, middle-aged women and of course 20 years olds. A friend who is 72 and has no feeling on the sole of one foot, she was pushed to buy and wear really ugly strap across shoes which cost a lot of money. Instead, she decided on leather vintage M&S trainers and loves them. They are better than the weird strappy sandals she always wore and her feet protected. Oh, she always wears those maxi loose dressers. I wear the M&S leather or suede ones, but I live in jeans and don't own a dress.

Oh, and Crocs are making a big comeback, so expect to see those with dresses too soon.

Got to agree with Donna, I bought my first pair of white trainers, also from M and S this year. I have worn them almost every day, with trousers mainly, but the odd dress too! They are so comfortable, am going to buy a black pair for winter months. I So prefer them to my sketchers, which look outdated in comparison ( I always wear slip on sketchers). Plus, half the price!!

It’s a look I’ve got used to over the years and I quite like it . A lot depends upon the actual trainer - too sporty,too dark in colour, scruffy or grubby ones , wedges, hi tops and ones that do up with Velcro look awful with a dress but otherwise I’m all for it!

I would never have seen myself wearing a dress and trainers until a couple of weeks ago when I had a fall. I’ve broken my left wrist and ankle so a huge black medical support boot on my leg and a plaster cast on my arm. I bought three tiered dresses midi length from M&S and on my good foot I wear a trainer to try and level up with the boot. I am loving getting back to wearing dresses instead of my usual trousers and cut offs. So these fashion fads can come in handy at times..

I can't wear trainers, Skechers or anything like so it's shoes with proper block heels for me all the way.

I would never have seen myself wearing a dress and trainers until a couple of weeks ago when I had a fall. I’ve broken my left wrist and ankle so a huge black medical support boot on my leg and a plaster cast on my arm. I bought three tiered dresses midi length from M&S and on my good foot I wear a trainer to try and level up with the boot. I am loving getting back to wearing dresses instead of my usual trousers and cut offs. So these fashion fads can come in handy at times..
Sorry about your fall. It happens so suddenly. One moment you're on your feet and the next moment you're on the ground in shock. I bought a M&S cotton tiered skirt. I'm happy with it and wear it with nice looking trainers.

These are the ones I wear and also have the nude shade as well.

The number of women I see wearing Sketchers with dresses, usually black or purple. They do not look dressy at all.

In the summer I live in my Birkenstocks but they are looking a bit tired as they are years old. They cost the best part of £100 now so I haven't bought any for ages and the last ones came from Germany. Anyone know a cheap site to buy them? I'd never wear trainers with a dress, might have done when I was 20 but not now, however, if it's for you and comfy then why not?

CC

Sorry to hear this .. I don’t look right in dresses .. I only push myself for a special occasion weddings etc so I wear trousers or shorts .. sturdy foot wear is so crucial.. I fell walking on our Heath z was with hubby thank God and it was quite a way into woods .. couldn’t stop my self. Made me run forward as I fell and I was shocked … I was just focusing on getting out into the houses area so that if I needed urgent help it would be easier to get to me lol .., I was fortunate .. I bruised legs and cut need ( I won’t wear shorts in woods anymore ) .. I always say if you’re going to fall .. fall where there are other people .. pride hurt for sure but safer lol …. And then following week .. went to zoo with family ❤️ and a pole had been taken out of ground for a sign … it was grassy thank goodness and I fell again 🤦🏻‍♀️ right on tbe hole … I said “I’m fine honestly “ ( which I was somehow ) .. my DIL friend cracked me up .. she said when her mum falls she’s shouts “ I’m dead already “ ! 😂 Get well soon! … arnica cream or gel is great for bruises … x

In the night show Jilly is wearing a lovely long white dress which really suits her and she looks lovely in it ,for a change , until you get to her feet and she has got blasted sparkly trainers on, I know I'm old-fashioned but I am sick to death of seeing trainers with every outfit the presenters might wear, this may be a fashion but it's a fashion that hopefully will die very soon, she would have looked so much nicer with a pair of ordinary shoes on.
I love this fashion. It is great wearing trainers with dresses. My feet are comfy and well-supported. I don't want this fashion to go.

I am afraid as a male personage I do not like seeing women wearing trainers with a dress. Or men when it comes to that, In fact, in QVC fashion world, you aren’t even supposed to say trainers. You are meant to say this rent a tent looks good with a trainer (just the one?), or this dress that doubles up as caravan cover looks good with a trouser, or this mountain of a top looks good with a shoe. Why can’t you have two shoes, two trouser legs, and two trainers? No…this women in trainers with dresses thang is a bad thang.. Or does bad mean good nowadays in this crazy world?

The only time you see men in shoes is businessmen in suits. They all wear ones with a long front and square shape toe. Otherwise, they all seem to wear Sketchers.
I really dislike the long shoe front on men. Worn with trousers that are too tight round the legs I can’t help but think car salesman or estate agent! No disrespect of course! It’s a fashion like any other but not my cup of tea. I’ve recently succumbed to a pair of trainers as well so who am I to speak. They’re comfy but I haven’t quite got used to seeing them when I look down. Takes me back to my old reeboks from the year dot and I never much liked those!

The "star" presenters who were there at the start have all reached the age where style, coupled with comfort is of paramount importance. It won't be long before we see Charlie and Simon in those crimplene trousers with an elasticated waist and a cord going down the front of each leg where the crease should be.

It is a stark reminder of one’s own mortality watching them age over the many decades a significant number of the hosts have been there. Brook was probably about 18 when he started there as a messenger boy and telex operator, and now must be pushing 80. Flint and Roberts also. Flint starting off in the cash box at the QVC butchers outlet in Dewhursts in Neasden in 1968, and Roberts presenting Tandy on QVC hours on Oracle - featuring 8-track units and state of the art music centres. Both must now be pushing 90.

I am afraid as a male personage I do not like seeing women wearing trainers with a dress. Or men when it comes to that, In fact, in QVC fashion world, you aren’t even supposed to say trainers. You are meant to say this rent a tent looks good with a trainer (just the one?), or this dress that doubles up as caravan cover looks good with a trouser, or this mountain of a top looks good with a shoe. Why can’t you have two shoes, two trouser legs, and two trainers? No…this women in trainers with dresses thang is a bad thang.. Or does bad mean good nowadays in this crazy world?
What is your preferred type of shoe (shoes?) for men and women? Perhaps some of the QVC presenters whistle the final 's' on plurals due to tooth (teeth?) issues, which is irritating to the sound technicians. So, they are encouraged to use the singular. JF is guilty of the occasional whistle.

Latest posts

Back