Radio chats about QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
If I am awake between 0400 and 0700 I turn on LBC radio to listen to Steve Allen.

He talks for 3 hours non-stop about everything and nothing. It is not a phone-in, but people text in about topics and he just rambles on about them.

I find him hilarious, as well as rather outspoken.

The reason for this thread is that he regularly mentions QVC and that he watches it himself. Today he mentioned the outrageous prices for some QVC dresses. He was also talking about heated shawls and throws. and has just ordered a heated scarf (from Amazon) that recharges via USB.

He is 68 and sometimes sounds a bit camp but I find what he says and the way he expresses it very amusing.

Has anyone else heard him?

If I am awake between 0400 and 0700 I turn on LBC radio to listen to Steve Allen.

He talks for 3 hours non-stop about everything and nothing. It is not a phone-in, but people text in about topics and he just rambles on about them.

I find him hilarious, as well as rather outspoken.

The reason for this thread is that he regularly mentions QVC and that he watches it himself. Today he mentioned the outrageous prices for some QVC dresses. He was also talking about heated shawls and throws. and has just ordered a heated scarf (from Amazon) that recharges via USB.

He is 68 and sometimes sounds a bit camp but I find what he says and the way he expresses it very amusing.

Has anyone else heard him?
From Wiki - - - Allen is the only presenter on LBC who does not take listeners' calls during his programmes, although he does read out texts and tweets. His early breakfast shows involve discussion of stories from the day's newspapers, Allen's personal anecdotes, his gripes about daily life, and his often critical and derogatory comments about celebrities.

PS He says he is a member of the Inner Magic Circle and performs magic in theatres, as well as other one-man shows. The pic is in his stage costume 12 years ago.

Steve Allen.jpg

I often listen to him between 6-7 am, if I’m awake. 😉 I can chatter for England, but I doubt I could do it for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. 😳

I listened to LBC a lot when I lived in London, back before digital radio existed. When I moved 30 miles north I couldn’t ‘get’ LBC.

Might give them a listen

I listened to LBC a lot when I lived in London, back before digital radio existed. When I moved 30 miles north I couldn’t ‘get’ LBC.

Might give them a listen
Yes, the L stood for London but now it is nationwide.

They wanted to keep the name LBC so they now call it "Leading Britain's Conversation", which I think is very contrived.

I prefer LBC to Talk Radio because they don’t have adverts every 15 minutes. I listen to the radio via Alexa.

Heard him first when I was about 17. He’s been on LBC that long. I like Steve, but he can be particularly cruel and nasty about people in the public eye he cares not for. That’s great if you can give it out as well as take it. But from what I have heard over the years of him, he doesn’t take listener criticism at all well towards himself, and becomes extraordinarily defensive when it comes in. As has been mentioned earlier, he also doesn’t take calls and hasn’t done for years. There may be some connection with not liking being challenged ‘face to face’ as it were. Where you do have to admire him, though, is his remarkable ability to present a virtually unscripted radio show for several hours without ever drying up. Remarkable.

Latest posts

Back