Radley TSV 19/5/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree about the loss of manufacturing/practical qualifications etc etc. I also think we were let down in how we could cope with the virus by the move to Just In Time supply chains rather than the days of the warehoused stocks. At least that gave you a bit of time to get the next order in process before you ran out of, say, PPE.

Mazza, mine includes an umbrella whether in the desert or town. Useful for rain or fighting off zombies as a short-range weapon.
Actually I have managed to cram a brolly in there on dubious days. I never really go anywhere without a brolly, and a carrier bag to put it in when it gets wet. Never thought of it as a zombie fighting tool but I shall now!!!!!!!

I would say that most of us growing up in 50/60‘s and even early 70’s came from similar backgrounds where parents scrimped and saved to give us birthday or Christmas treats possibly without us realising what they did without to achieve this. My gran worked in a factory long past pension age and walked to save the bus fare to be used for treats.

We are probably much better off and buy more unnecessary things in a year than our parents spent in a lifetime but I think we at least have twinges of guilt at how much we spend. I fortunately as each generation progressives they are not prepared to do without anything they want no matter what circumstances they find themselves in.

sorry if all this sounds a bit like the Hovis ad when you could go to a dance, get fish and chips on the way home and still have change from 6d. Ha ha.

Not a bit LATI ! older generations tend to look back with fondness and nostalgia at 'their time', but I think us baby boomers had amongst the best times, unlike our grandparents in the beginning of the century we didn't sleep 4 to a bed, or had to pay to see a doctor, and ate bread and lard when there was little else to eat, then our parents growing up during the war and all that rationing brought, no birth control and perhaps being left with a babe courtesy of a GI. No we were born when change was happening, we had the new NHS, we were proper teenagers, we generally had morals, and definitely manners and respect. We were able to save for a home, start to go abroad for holidays, there was always another job around the corner, so we haven't had it too bad.

Now we have the virus, the tories that are running the country down to nothing, low low wages also curtesy on the Tories and the cost of living higher every week due to hyper inflation. Fear that our beloved NHS is not fit for purpose due to crippling cuts. I was born very early 60's when there was hope and a future for us all. now I despair!

Mazza, mine includes an umbrella whether in the desert or town. Useful for rain or fighting off zombies as a short-range weapon.
Don't forget the the wine 🍾

Hands off Will ! I saw him first 😍😍😍😍❤❤❤❤

Our parents weren't used to having money to throw around. Dad worked, Mum stayed home to bring up the family, school uniforms and new clothes were bought with Provident Cheques that could be spent in certain shops - no credit cards back then, although Hire Purchase was available for things like furniture. My parents still had furniture that wasn't antique, but stuff they had for over 40 years. If it wasn't broke it didn't get replaced. Everything had a function. No restaurants or fast food outlets, so 'eating out' was a packet of crisps and a Vimto in a pub garden or Childrens Room, while someone was playing a piano in the grown ups bar.

I'm still in touch with a dozen classmates from the early 60's and we often discuss how 'we were all the same in terms of background, and no-one had more than anyone else' so jealousy wasn't an issue. And what a great childhood we all had.
He's so lovely & I think that programme's bliss. I've always said that my happy childhood is my foundation, I have the best memories & my grandmother's expression 'the magic of ordinary days' summed it up. Of course, there were some not so good like the day my best friend, who lived next door, & I were convinced a neighbour was dead because he spent the whole day sitting in his deckchair & both our mums told us off for spying on him from the bedroom windows. Unfortunately we were right & then got told off for not saying something earlier. Mothers..!

Radley Grove Garden Medium Flapover Crossbody Bag
Item Number: 184360
QVC Price £189.00
Todays Special Value Price £104.97
P&P £4.95

Radley's Grove Gardens leather cross-body bag features a fresh take on the brand's classic styling with an adjustable guitar strap, while its slim shape is framed by a full front flap that opens up to a multi-compartment construction. Currently only available at QVC, this versatile bag combines elegant style with cool functionality, keeping your must-haves to hand while instantly elevating your ensemble.

Just for you - love to be first in line for the next big trend? With a selection of finishes that are currently only available at QVC, you can get ahead of the crowd by adding this contemporary bag to your collection.

Keep it organised - the days of digging around to find your purse or keys are gone, thanks to Radley's Grove Gardens cross-body. With three separate compartments, two secured with a zip fastening, plus two interior pockets, your everyday essentials will always be right where you need them.

Timeless style - with a classic shape and soft leather construction, this is a bag you'll find yourself turning to time and time again. Whether you use it for the supermarket run or save it for your most stylish occasions, having this sophisticated piece in your repertoire will make accessorising your favourite outfits effortless.

The choice is yours - available in six stylish colours with grained and croc-embossed finishes on offer, it's going to be tricky to pick your favourite! For a timeless neutral that'll go with everything, opt for Black Croc, Chalk Croc or Tan. If a splash of colour is more to your taste, go for Denim Croc, Green or Pink.

• Complete with metal Scottie dog charm and leather tassel
  • Foil embossed Radley London logo
  • Inner pockets: 1 x zip, 1 x slip
  • Magnetic and zip fastenings
  • Outer: leather, inner: grosgrain
  • Comes with dust bag
  • Bag (h x w x d): 15.5cm x 24cm x 4cm (6.1" x 9.4" x 1.6")
  • Strap drop: 52cm - 62cm (20.5" - 24.4")

Colour options:
  • Black Croc
  • Chalk Croc
  • Green
  • Denim Croc
  • Tan
  • Pink

All measurements are approximate

Latest posts

Back