Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So there’s ‘40% off’ - had put some silver magnetic lock clasps (thoroughly recommend them btw) bought 3 a few weeks ago for £21.87 - they are now showing at £17.99 EACH - a few hours earlier were £19.99 but with 40% off - no wonder customers are getting increasingly frustrated with the ‘dynamic’ pricing (if that’s what it is !)
Speaking of magnetic lock clasps, I’m genuinely interested to know if anyone else had the issue that I did with them. I found that just lengthening the chain so little caused any pendants that were attached to disappear under my clothes which proved too annoying in the end lol. They would drop.

I’m all in favour of them TBH, but the irritating thing I found is that if they are too heavy and the chain is light, the weight of the clasp pulls the chain down at the back and up at the front. The best one I’ve bought was from TJC and is gold. It was quite expensive for what it is, but the fact that it is petite and lightweight, works well on bracelets as well as on a necklace.

Vicki has just stated that there’s only twenty years of mining gold and it’ll be mined out so buy this chain now. Unbelievable guff.She’s started to say that things are gender friendly whatever that means.
They don't know what guff to come out with next. It's like the hysteria over Tanzanite a few years ago, telling us to buy, buy, buy before it was all gone from the mines and we'd regret it for the rest of our days if we didn't. Hmm, don't think so. Then opals were disappearing, then something else.....and so on.

'Gender friendly' is probably the latest thing to come from Chapter one of the 'Crap, Meaningless Phrases For All Occasions' best-selling book. Perhaps it relates to jewellery items that wave and smile at you, regardless of your gender, and invite you out for a coffee? On the other hand, it could perhaps be a multi-use item that you can also use to unblock your drains? In the world of crapspeak, who knows?

Couldn’t agree more! I’ve had the same thing in my likelist at £6.99! They do love to offer a discount code, but the prices go up and down on a sliding scale, and sometimes that discount doesn’t mean anything.
I completely agree. I bought 2 MGC Derma Brightening creams, 50ml at £3.89 each. They arrived yesterday. (I find that range very good & excellent value on a good buying day at TJC).

So I saw they had a 40% off day today plus free p&p & thought great, at that price I'll stock up on a couple more. Today however, they're £11.99 each and not eligible for the 40% off code, just the free p&p.

I totally get that they have to make a profit & some of their skincare is at excellent prices compared to elsewhere. I also love that they do free p&p days fairly regularly too.

But £3.89, (on a good price plus extra money off discount day), compared to today's price of £11.99 is one heck of a leap in just a few days.

I guess they want people to go on their website frequently, so that whilst knowing what the really good prices are, they might buy other items too. These yo-yo prices of theirs can be somewhat frustrating though.

Free delivery over Easter. Some 40% reductions with code 'Easter'. Including £1 auction items with 5% off (win5/vip5off). Please help me. I am addicted to buying cheap auction site items during free delivery periods! Bought a few on Good Friday yesterday, notified in the post today for dispatch already. Great service.

Don't know how they keep up sending auction items out that are being sold one or 2 a minute. Must have automated or army of packers/dispatchers?!

Just an observation that the stuff I bought from TJC over Easter (free delivery and discount codes) website seems to be completely separate from the TJC TV coverage of mainly jewellery.

Do they ever mention the homeware, clearance, fashion or £1 auction elements of TJC.co.uk?

Very occasionally have seen a homeware or other non-jewellery item on TJC TV, but it's as if jewellery sales and the TJC website are 2 separate business entities, except all the TV jewellery is also available on the website. They just don't mention all the other stuff available online?

Not the first time this has happened - bought some ESPA Yuzu & Ginger Cleansing Sorbet for £14.99 - received and checked the date of manufacture- it’s 3 year old stock ! And my review stating this has not been posted - noted a few very cheap beauty products yesterday on air - this is third time I’ve bought very old stock - to be fair they did refund the first items …

Has anyone here watched the new co-host Buddhi, who is usually on our screens on the 10pm shift? I found him impossible to watch. Too stiff and repetitive. What were your thoughts?

Just switched on and it’s Vikram’s turn to shout at me. Can’t bear it. Hate market stalls at the best of times, but that is what this reminds me of.
Not entertaining but irritating.

Really. 2.04 ct CZ sterling silver earrings @ £196.99. Final price £9.99 which is a decent price. How do they justify the original price I’ll never know.

it is the starting prices on there that should be investigated. clearly faked and made up to indicate a much bigger price drop. For example I brought a platinum ring from the JQ 6g for 900 ... they had a very similar one to mine saying starting price 3K ... the final drop was 850, it's clearly fake.

I popped over to the QVC forum 'just now'. Used to buy off them a lot back in the day, but haven't for years. Having said that, it was a post about 'pre-used' being sold. I don't often buy from TJC either. And those I've bought have been the rechargeable fans. Good for overnight. Yes, I'm getting there. The fans are good, but short-lived. I'm on my 4th now in less than 3 years. No, that's not the complaint. I wouldn't keep buying them otherwise. BUT, new goods come in plastic bags, with ties and instructions, as well as the obvious box ;) My last but one fan, came in the box, no plastic bag, no instructions, AND, this is the used comment. It had water in the mist-er part. Assuming it was used on-screen as demonstration. Yet it was not mentioned as such and didn't cost any less. That one 'died' recently anyway, hence another one having to be bought. Yes, I can ramble :p

I popped over to the QVC forum 'just now'. Used to buy off them a lot back in the day, but haven't for years. Having said that, it was a post about 'pre-used' being sold. I don't often buy from TJC either. And those I've bought have been the rechargeable fans. Good for overnight. Yes, I'm getting there. The fans are good, but short-lived. I'm on my 4th now in less than 3 years. No, that's not the complaint. I wouldn't keep buying them otherwise. BUT, new goods come in plastic bags, with ties and instructions, as well as the obvious box ;) My last but one fan, came in the box, no plastic bag, no instructions, AND, this is the used comment. It had water in the mist-er part. Assuming it was used on-screen as demonstration. Yet it was not mentioned as such and didn't cost any less. That one 'died' recently anyway, hence another one having to be bought. Yes, I can ramble :p
Nice. I like the USB-powered fans, (with/without light/lamp/ambient colours/humidity mister water tank) and use my own USB power banks.

They're more reliable than relying on the built-in rechargeable batteries that wear out quickly and the power bank can be replaced or upgraded whilst retaining the fan.

Just bid on a new power bank on the £1 auction site.

You’re not wrong Pebbles. Nine carat gold isn’t investment worthy really but it’s great for everyday wear because it gives everyone the chance to wear and enjoy gold jewellery. You’d need to buy gold bullion in bars or sovereigns if you wanted to invest. These presenters will say anything to get a sale. All you need to do is to check the scrap price for nine carat gold to tell you all you need to know.
You make a valid point about the practicality of nine carat gold for everyday wear. Indeed, investing in gold bullion like bars or sovereigns is a wiser choice for those seeking investment returns.

Latest posts

Back