Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mark Gould on flogging some unknown (to me anyway) face cream at £59,99 for 30ml. Cocoage with 24k gold
Is it just me that thinks he always looks as if he needs a wash? We call him Grubby Gould
Just switched on after a fortnight on holiday- Mark looks really well. Perhaps this Forum has the power to influence after all 🤣

Just switched on after a fortnight on holiday- Mark looks really well. Perhaps this Forum has the power to influence after all 🤣
Yes, they definitely read here. When I saw Mark the other day he was dressed much better than previously.He does look better so it’s a good thing surely? His clothes now fit him.

That said I do like watching Peter Sherlock. He does source some top products and he clearly knows about them. He introduced me to Chopard and Lalique perfumes a long time ago, which I'm very happy about. Still amongst my main go to perfume brands to this day.

The buyers source the products, not the presenters.
Doubt they know much about the product, beyond what they're told.
He doesn't seem to do any research.

The presenters just sell anything in front of them they're told to. That's what they're paid for.

@saintslad said:

Who are these two on TJC now?
I don't recognize either of them.
I did think it was an Apprentice episode but it's the wrong time of year!

Replies:
It’s likely they are the apprentice lot
They filmed the tjc segment for the last series on the 3rd of June last year
It’s filmed so far ahead of when it’s on

@PhaedrusR said:

Yeah, they were 'The Apprentice' candidates. The 2 jewellery blokes (Live from Vegas promo or something) who came after them commented on them fairly favourably, saying "not a lot of talking over each other" and "that was 2 hours of another planet of non-jewellery TJC items".

I viewed via TJC YouTube stream went back to around 5-7pm. Before and after Marina, the 2 teams.

They were pretty good for first-timers, much better than the ones I recently saw on this year's Apprentice. Not too much overtalking, didn't shout manically, seemed to demo the products reasonably well, gave examples of use, not just price and functions, worked with, not against, each other when 2 on screen and not trying to outshine or out-do each other and picked the right sort of products, except perhaps an electric blanket which is not really the right time for the approaching spring/summer season.

Apart from the usual 'fantastic' and 'amazing' overused hyperbole, pretty good job.
The studio team didn't help by not cutting the audio feed of the first team while playing ad trailer inserts while they moved between items/sets, perhaps a deliberate tactic, but they coped and didn't say anything inappropriate. Good job overall.

The price drops, down to the actual final web site price, were no different to standard ridiculous TJC TV selling tactic.

The 3 girls better than the boy, who looked down nervously and misspoke a few times and added little to the Lavazza Alexa voice-enabled coffee pod machine he was trying to flog, kept reading the specs off box!

Wonder if Lord Sugar (hello Alan if you're reading this for the boardroom feedback critique like last year!) was tempted into buying the inflatable kayak for him and the missus... can just see them on Hanningfield reservoir or Thames at Tilbury, or pack it on the plane for use out in the Florida Keys this Summer!

Mark has been listed as presenting yesterday and tonight - covered by Andy and Jenny - still listed as a presenter on their website and he’s posted on Insta out and about but no longer mention TJC on his bio ?

Carmel mentioned today when she was on with Lucy Quartermain that Mark was off sick, and hoped he’d get better soon.

Interesting to see tv listing tommorrow morning as Mark with Andy - not sure I’ve seen them together - Mark has (as others) seemed to have ‘spruced’ up too ! Now if they get their trailers up to date !

Just watched Stacey and that Aussie guy, Steve and he always says exactly the same thing.Whenever he’s selling gold chains he always says to buy two so that you can sell one or both on. He then quotes double their price. He does this every single time and always adds that he’s not giving financial advice lol. He’s inferring that people could profit though isn’t he?Desperate tactics.

Latest posts

Back