Red carpet manicure TSV 19/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've gone for the Brights option and I'm going to buy the OPI gel polishes in French. I'm really fussy about the pink I like in my French and I can buy my all time favourite colours in OPI. I'm looking forward to wearing some bright colours as the reason I tend to avoid them is that they don't last a week on me, and that shouldn't happen with this system.

BTW, Nikki, when Ian said that the French wasn't available yet, he was referring to the stand-alone polish set in his list, not the TSV variant.

My nails are the best they have ever been since I started using RCM last August. I never wore dark colours before as I didn't like the wear and chipping etc. but with the RCM it stays perfect and glossy until you remove. I now love the really dark and bright colours as the finish is fab.

DO NOT PICK IT OFF that will strip your nails and make sure you oil your nails as often as possible at least once a day. When you remove it give them a good oil whilst they are naked.

If you ever get a little break then just 'glue' it back together with some RCM base coat. So no more short nails ever.

I am really tempted to get another set as the vaue is fantastic and just for the varnishes, top and base coats etc it would cost more than this.

I've gone for the french option for DD's birthday, although I'm drawn to the colour option we have hundreds of polishes she can still use. She taught herself nail art from videos on youtube etc so I've got this kit from ASOS http://www.asos.com//Red-Carpet-Man...s-Tricks-Kit/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2765395 and I think the white in the TSV will also be useful for nail art ( the colours in the ASOS set are Paparazzied, And the winner is and Ooo La Liscious - one of which is in the Auto-Delivery colours set 400435) The nail art set also includes little flowers applique, dotting pen, black nail art striper paint, sponge and instructions to do a fade-out effect with 2 colours and other designs.

I thoroughly recommend ASOS, if you haven't ordered from them before, the VIP membership (£9.95) has paid for itself several times over as it offers free next day delivery (they let you know the 1 hour slot when it'll arrive) for any item, even just a £3 nail poilsh from the sale. You also get discount codes. The current one is for 25% off virtually all full priced items (20% off beauty). DD has been circling the laptop like a vulture and will no doubt give me a life later today (she still has to pay me back though).

Jude xx

I don't work for ASOS btw

I couldn't resist the tsv and I've ordered the french option, I personally don't like dark colours on my nails. I do a lot of typing at work so will be able to test it's durability and I'd be happy if a manicure lasts a week never mind three weeks.

I'd imagine because it makes them harder so unable to bite them perhaps.
So did you get the TSV? If so which one did you go for DJ, Snarly?

I haven't yet and I'm still hesitating Nikki.

I nibble my nails but when I grow them I paint them and they look great. But I have had problems on a few occasions where taking polish off and on has left them very brittle and they split so I end up cutting them back and for months I'm back to square one as it takes months for them to stop splitting and recover.

I broke that cycle when I came across LD polish remover and Renovate but I'm nervous about ending up once again with weak nails hence my indecision....
:mysmilie_476:

I have ordered the TSV in bold & beautiful mainly for my toes as I dont like my toenails without colour.

Was thinking about the Nails Inc Try Me but there is one review which says it takes ages to dry

I'm still dithering, don't know which colour to go for.
If I'm not careful I'm in danger of going mad & ordering both! Especially when DF kept extolling the advantages if having two lamps. Oh dear!
I really want something that will stop my rubbish nails from constantly snapping & am hoping this might give them protection to grow. I love bright colours but have SO many LD & Nails Inc colours that wondered if the French one would be more practical to go underneath.....decisions, decisions. And I've been doing so well recently at resisting QVC.

I had absolutely no intention of ordering this......

No way.

Not at all.

Def not.

But after reading THIS thread, the french option has been ordered!!

I dont want to rake over old wounds but QVC are BARMY if they dont understand that Grahams Shoppingtelly stimulates LOADS of additional/unexpected purchases.

Hi , dithering as well.

I did have a RCM at the beauty bash and one nail chipped after two days . I think this was probably due to the woman doing so many and getting tired and perhaps missing a bit when under the lamp. She had to have a plaster as she was getting a blister !

I do have concerns about condition . My nails are strong but were a bit dry aftercare, but used LD slick tips and were fine .

Couple of questions . Can it be done on toes with the lamp ? Anyone tried this ?

Plus, what other makes can I use ? I think I saw on her that OPi gel polish can be . I'm not sure I'd want to be limited to just RCM colours .

I think I will go for it !

She did say that you can use it on toes, just lift & place it over them, don't try to slide your foot in.
She also said you can use any make of colour over the top. If you remove it with non acetone remover ( not sure what make that would be) the original RCM would still be intact & shiny underneath. She did do it on air (DF's sister) & it seemed to work fine.
I'm still not sure which to go for! What have most of you chosen please?

I'm tempted because I'm useless at smudging nails, so hardly ever do it . The RCM would solve this with the quick dry. Apar from OPI gels, are there other makes that I could use with the lamp?

Like the idea of toes :)

Yes I've tried several of the other gels and they work fine. If you start at the beginning of this thread you will see some examples.

You can use any make of gel varnish, I have tried the Gellish and Sensationail ones and they have worked fine. Others on threads have tried different ones and say they work fine too.

There is a method where you can sandwich any of your own colours (LD, Nails Inc. etc) in between the RCM base and Top coat. Thereby getting a gel finish to any manicure. You must let the ordinary varnish dry completely before doing the topcoat. But I havent tried this yet as I am enjoying trying out all the new RCM colours. There are videos on how to do this on Youtube if you are interested. That way you can make use of your stash of colours without having to buy more.

I do lots of typing, housework etc. and rarely get a chipped nail. If you do it is not an issue to just re-do one. The secret is VERY thin coats of everything. If you have a dark colour it is better to do 3-4 very thin coats than 2 thick ones.

RCM is bringing out new colours on 1st March. I buy all my colours directly from their website - free delivery on everything.

Hi NIkki sorry I went to bed after posting last night.
I found when the nails were done, they were very strong, had a fabulous gloss and looked good. Until they started to grow then they annoyed me. I had a discussion with a friend who has hers done in a salon and she assured me nobody notices the growth on your hands, at least she tried to assure me, I could see it clearly and it annoyed me. My nails are usually very strong and long, now they are short , stumpy and very thin at the ends. They had started to split and break after I had removed the manicure and I think that's the part of the process that ruined them. I had to cut them all really short and I have had to keep trimming them because they got so ragged. Last week I had to cut another nail down and I have another one which I think I will have to cut down again. I have never ever had any nail, gels, extensions or anything like that and have only ever had one professional manicure in my life, maybe nails get used to it if you have and this would be fine for them. I used to bite my nails something rotten and then stopped overnight. If you are trying to stop biting your nails I reckon this might help because you would have to have very strong gnashers!

Don't forget all the positive reviews out there, just because it isn't right for me doesn't mean to say you will experience the same. Get it, try it, if you don't get on with it, return it. I couldn't return mine because I had gone passed the 30 days.

Thank you for getting back to us about your experience with it Sharon, very much appreciated & gives a good insight. :nod:
I think I'll use mine with caution on the 1st manicure & have a subjective look at how my nails are condition wise after the 1st removal. If I do that within the time I can use the 30 day MBG if I suspect any problems. Perhaps you have absorbent nails that need regular moisture & can't be sealed then stripped with remover, what a shame. I have read perople saying that you should use cuticle oil regularly so maybe that's the cause & why it affects some & not others.

As others have said the bowl method is much better for fingers and you can do both hands at once. The taking off is the only really faffy bit and now I use bowls it has made that non faff- just make sure you don't get interrupted! I have also used remover other than RCM which works and I always do my toes. Toes last even longer than fingernails.

I have a day off between red carpet manicures and I use Leighton Denny renovate and loads of cuticle oil on that day. Also every night I use cuticle oil after applying handcream. My nails are better than they have ever been but then they have been rubbish most of my life.

Latest posts

Back