Rob

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rob is legend and, I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, he is somewhat wasted on shopping TV — not that he doesn't do it very well but when he goes 'off piste' you really get a sense of his talent.

He has a real warm charisma to him and the way he tells stories, and a disarming rapport with guests (well, those who aren't stiff automatons addled with nerves cos they're on telly — been a few of those on Shop on TV and I do feel for Rob when he jokes and they just …don't react/get it).

The early IW ITV shows were a great showcase for Rob. Sadly it felt like the IW production team weren't quite so keen with the anecdotes, viewer engagement, shout outs, Twitter plugs, and other non-product stuff as he toned it down (and would often stop himself/hear in his ear to go back to extolling the virtues of whatever he was being paid - handsomely I hope - to flog).

Still, whenever he got to do a memorabilia show we'd see more of (what felt like, he is an actor after all) the real Rob.

He'd be great as a presenter on something like The One Show where one minute he's introducing something deathly serious then 4 minutes later he's interviewing Cheryl Baker about guinea pigs or something random.

Or Channel 5 ought to give Susan Calman a few months off — dear god, please — and get Rob cavorting around Britain in a camper van/canoe/hotdog truck/whatever for one of those lighthearted travelogue series she's endlessly doing.
That's showbiz I suppose. Fine lines between ending up an A list star or getting nowhere near. Luck, right place right time, not what you know who you know etc.

One of these people who could do a great job doing what the likes of Norton and Ross do on mainstream television. Unfortunately, those gigs are dead men’s shoes jobs, and he is on shopping television and not them. I’ve always said that he is for me, one of the top three shopping television presenters (Him, Lavers and Halliday) I have ever seen. Clearly, he is not everybody’s cup of tea, but he is streets ahead of the rest in terms of his approach, his manner, his wit, and in providing an informed choice in general to viewers than some of the ex-auction channels gang are.

Rob is legend and, I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, he is somewhat wasted on shopping TV — not that he doesn't do it very well but when he goes 'off piste' you really get a sense of his talent.

He has a real warm charisma to him and the way he tells stories, and a disarming rapport with guests (well, those who aren't stiff automatons addled with nerves cos they're on telly — been a few of those on Shop on TV and I do feel for Rob when he jokes and they just …don't react/get it).

The early IW ITV shows were a great showcase for Rob. Sadly it felt like the IW production team weren't quite so keen with the anecdotes, viewer engagement, shout outs, Twitter plugs, and other non-product stuff as he toned it down (and would often stop himself/hear in his ear to go back to extolling the virtues of whatever he was being paid - handsomely I hope - to flog).

Still, whenever he got to do a memorabilia show we'd see more of (what felt like, he is an actor after all) the real Rob.

He'd be great as a presenter on something like The One Show where one minute he's introducing something deathly serious then 4 minutes later he's interviewing Cheryl Baker about guinea pigs or something random.

Or Channel 5 ought to give Susan Calman a few months off — dear god, please — and get Rob cavorting around Britain in a camper van/canoe/hotdog truck/whatever for one of those lighthearted travelogue series she's endlessly doing.
Sorry, no, even I can't see @RobLocke as a One Show host on the couch, nor a travelogue participant.

Possibly as an afternoon TV quiz show host in the Omid Djalili style.

I'd like to see him actually in some TV/film acting jobs in the UK!

Good afternoon Rob, your continued unprofessionalism has raised it's head by calling me "stupid".
Peter Simon may be a bit odd but his style gets things sold and is very entertaining.So seeing yourself slouching in whatever chair is available night after night and laughing at your own "jokes" is tedious and not condusive to entertainment in the wee small hours.
Bring back Leeds Pete! He's been entertaining me since Junior Showtime!
So why do you continue watching Rob in the middle of the night?

Latest posts

Back