Rosa Jelly Candles...Gemporia misselling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I have just watched Hattie's presentation of the new Kimbie candles which were described as 100% soy wax. On the box though they were described as Jelly Candles so I messaged the studio for clarification - no reply. Looked up gel candles online and I'm not familiar but they are not 100% wax. Is this another example of misselling? In the presentation there was no reference to 'Jelly' candle and what this means, but I doubt the candles are 100% soy as Hattie claimed.

From what I can gather, jelly candles are a mix of mineral oils and polymer resins. There are also some issues around the safety of burning this material. The candles were priced at only 9.99 including gemstones, dried roses etc..... which makes you wonder how cheap to produce probably in China. Tacky and cheap! I miss Gem Auras soy candles 😦

I'd be very surprised if Gemporia went down this route after years of telling people that "Gemporia's candles are the best" because they're soy wax and therefore free of the toxins that Supermarket paraffin-based candles contain. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

I had a Kimbie candle fairly recently - and it was clear that it was basically a Gem Auras candle under a different name. The packaging, glass jar, etc was identical to the Gem Aura's range.

Nothing is unexpected at Gemporia these days though so it's a possibility I guess. Getting your money seems to prioritise over morals there now, if the past couple of years is anything to go by.

I have just watched Hattie's presentation of the new Kimbie candles which were described as 100% soy wax. On the box though they were described as Jelly Candles so I messaged the studio for clarification - no reply. Looked up gel candles online and I'm not familiar but they are not 100% wax. Is this another example of misselling? In the presentation there was no reference to 'Jelly' candle and what this means, but I doubt the candles are 100% soy as Hattie claimed.
Of course it's an example of mis-selling, they do it all the time.

I'd be very surprised if Gemporia went down this route after years of telling people that "Gemporia's candles are the best" because they're soy wax and therefore free of the toxins that Supermarket paraffin-based candles contain. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

I had a Kimbie candle fairly recently - and it was clear that it was basically a Gem Auras candle under a different name. The packaging, glass jar, etc was identical to the Gem Aura's range.

Nothing is unexpected at Gemporia these days though so it's a possibility I guess. Getting your money seems to prioritise over morals there now, if the past couple of years is anything to go by.
Anything for a fast buck, as our US friends might say! They'd tell you black was white if they thought you might believe them.

I agree, it would not make sense to move away from soy, but the Rosa product was clearly labelled Jelly Candle on the box which I have never seen before on Gemporia candles hence my curiosity and not to cover in the presentation makes me highly suspicious. If these are gel candles then the composition will be different from the usual Gemporia candles and will burn differently too.

Latest posts

Back