Round Folding Storage Ottoman 06/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard Dale wondering how much you would pay for a similar item in a high street store - £70, £80. Where do you shop Dale? Wherever it is you are being ripped off.

Cheers Ian I've bought two for my kittens to sit on (and as laundry baskets). Currently they're climbing into any open-topped receptacle of clothes and bedding down for the day. I got the rectangular one when it was £29 and free p&p and it's v good quality; nicer than one I bought a while ago at The Range.

Cheers Ian I've bought two for my kittens to sit on (and as laundry baskets). Currently they're climbing into any open-topped receptacle of clothes and bedding down for the day. I got the rectangular one when it was £29 and free p&p and it's v good quality; nicer than one I bought a while ago at The Range.

I've got these for my cats - they love them. I have several of the QVC ones and these from Coopers are comparable quality.

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/coopers-of-stortford-ottoman-storage-seat-prode318i/

They have the pet bed version (see the photos below) which has a little hole for them to go into the box like a kennel and it can still be used as a stool.

I took the cats away for a week and the stools came with us and made them feel at home :happy:

Thanks for that Tiddly, I might get one of these for the lounge since it doesn't look like a specific cat bed.

The TSV has sold out in all but two colours so I wonder whether this was destined for "the Sale" but is being used for a quick sellout to allow them to shift OTOs all day.

Ooh caught the morning repeat and managed to get one. You really can't argue at that price.

I've bought similar ottomans from Amazon and Argos, and whilst they are perfectly serviceable they just don't look as smart as these ones.

We seem to be having yet another sale day. I didn't get to see the TSV as it was the smarmy one presenting...

My irritation with QVC has just shot through the roof. I decided that for once I would order something, the TSV, as it was only £11 and no p&p. Only to find that before 9 am the website is saying it is sold out. I turned on the television at 9 am, to find Jackie saying the TSV is sold out, but we can still buy the nearest equivalent, a corner unit. At nearly £25 inc. p&p. In my world, the nearest equivalent to £11 is not £25. The ottoman was a Today's Special Value, not a Pre-Dawn Special Value.

Clearly they only had a few, set up as a loss leader, to draw people to the channel. I turned off in a huff and it will be a long time before I am tempted to turn on again.

Last edited:
My irritation with QVC has just shot through the roof. I decided that for once I would order something, the TSV, as it was only £11 and no p&p. Only to find that before 9 am the website is saying it is sold out. I turned on the television at 9 am, to find Jackie saying the TSV is sold out, but we can still buy the nearest equivalent, a corner unit. At nearly £25 inc. p&p. In my world, the nearest equivalent to £11 is not £25. The ottoman was a Today's Special Value, not a Pre-Dawn Special Value.

Clearly they only had a few, set up as a loss leader, to draw people to the channel. I turned off in a huff and it will be a long time before I am tempted to turn on again.

There's a OTO ottoman here <£12 but with p&p at the moment. I wonder whether they'll make it free P&P when it airs?
Unlikely I suppose.

QVC are the original Scrooge, they despise giving anything away so on clearance day, almost a week later than other retailers just to make 100% certain no one is buying anything in the "sale" for Christmas, they do one of three things it's either tat that no one will buy, been there in the depths of the warehouse that long they've had to blow the layers of dust off it and again be 100% certain they'll never put it on again at full price, or they'll just throw a small token amount like the "TSV" in the ring to make it look like their "sale" is a good one.

Over two years ago, before I closed my account I used to watch QVC and noticed that in their Christmas "sale" they sold things that hadn't been shown in any of their Christmas shows, what they actually were was things they'd got in to sell, put a higher mark up on them, so the "reduced" price would look like a sale price, wonder if they're still doing it?

Latest posts

Back