Samsung UE49KU6500 - Truly Eyewatering Price!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
They're shilling a Samsung 49" UHD TV for £967.92, free delivery and of course 4 X Easypay.

This television is widely available from multiple retailers with free delivery from £729.99.

Scandalous even by QVC's ripoff standards. Yet another big ticket, big brand name but always with the sweetener of Easypay.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :down:

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/11838870966051890485?sclient=tablet-gws&client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&site=&q=samsung+ue49ku6500&oq=samsung+ue49ku6500&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcq7j9-sPNAhWLCcAKHbz-DvgQviQIOw#online

it was cheaper than everywhere else on the got to have it event but that was for one day only so the price has gone back up while everywhere else drops it, very common practise with Q's electricals

it was cheaper than everywhere else on the got to have it event but that was for one day only so the price has gone back up while everywhere else drops it, very common practise with Q's electricals

It's absolutely outrageous. You can bet your life that if something is from a top brand, costs in the hundreds of pounds and is offered on maximum Easypay it will be a monumental ripoff. And it will still sell as it's clearly aimed at those people who are used to paying high prices for anything on instalments.

Interest free Easypay? My hide, shame on them :mysmilie_59:

It's absolutely outrageous. You can bet your life that if something is from a top brand, costs in the hundreds of pounds and is offered on maximum Easypay it will be a monumental ripoff. And it will still sell as it's clearly aimed at those people who are used to paying high prices for anything on instalments.

I've always said the same Wirral, QVCs prices being sometimes hundreds of pounds dearer than anyone else, proves that QVCs "interest free" easy payments are anything but.

I've always said the same Wirral, QVCs prices being sometimes hundreds of pounds dearer than anyone else, proves that QVCs "interest free" easy payments are anything but.

Don't get me wrong, they sell lots of good products and often at keen prices.

But if an item isn't what we know to be 'Selly Telly Fodder' (like this Telly, or a Kitchen Aid Mixer, or an iMac) it WILL be a ripoff, there's no doubt about it.

Even QVC probably haven't got the buying power to offer such products on any other terms. They probably haven't got enough customers who want to buy such items from them to be able to offer them on any other terms either :mysmilie_59:

It's only on a very select few products that they're cheaper and they tend to be beauty products, everything else is a massive rip off, well someone's got to pay for that "free phone" number, customer panel and QVC presenters freebies, because it certainly ain't going to come out of QVC profits, that's for sure.

They're shilling a Samsung 49" UHD TV for £967.92, free delivery and of course 4 X Easypay.

This television is widely available from multiple retailers with free delivery from £729.99.

Scandalous even by QVC's ripoff standards. Yet another big ticket, big brand name but always with the sweetener of Easypay.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :down:

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/11838870966051890485?sclient=tablet-gws&client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&site=&q=samsung+ue49ku6500&oq=samsung+ue49ku6500&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcq7j9-sPNAhWLCcAKHbz-DvgQviQIOw#online

A few months ago they were selling a Samsung TV that was about £800 and James Murden was saying 'do your research'... making it seem that this was a good price, Q are really shooting themselves in the foot by not only giving the exact product numbers of the item, as well as the ridiculously high prices, as people are naturally going to 'talk with their wallets' in that now that they have heard such a detailed explanation of the TV (more than you would get from a normal 'Saturday person' at the local electronic superstore), then they will be fully understanding of whether the item is right for them and go elsewhere. When it is £250+ then it just makes you wonder how much Q really do 'cream' for themselves, as even these other retailers would make money even on the prices they sell at. I do though feel a 'tad' sorry for the 'Saturday boy' in question as even he must sometimes know that he is 'shooting himself in the foot'!

Last edited:

I bought mine at Argos, 200 quid cheaper and 12 months interest free.....

It's only on a very select few products that they're cheaper and they tend to be beauty products, everything else is a massive rip off, well someone's got to pay for that "free phone" number, customer panel and QVC presenters freebies, because it certainly ain't going to come out of QVC profits, that's for sure.

Yes beauty products do seem to be genuine value for money, but saying that if you are going to invest in that particular beauty regime then it could be deemed 'money well spent' however if you are wanting to just 'test the water' then spending money for supersizes and duo's may seem a bit excessive. I know they do offer the 30 day mbg and they do do travel sizes, but out of everything Q does it seems to be beauty where the customer is getting the best value for money.

I bought mine at Argos, 200 quid cheaper and 12 months interest free.....

And of course there's the rub.

Surely only a certain group of shoppers would buy such a product off a Selly Telly channel and it's quite likely to be those people who might not be offered 'proper' credit. That's maybe why they'll suck up the extortionate prices just to be able to get hold of such items.

QVC know it and it's how they get away with it, I honestly think it's scandalous. Ideal World are no better but when they sell items on air that cost more than say £300 it's more often than not carp rings with phony space diamonds, no name watches, reconditioned old iPads or truly garbage pleather furniture. Maybe that's even worse, at least a brand new Laptop, iPad, Kitchen Aid Mixer or Samsung TV are great products which will hold value better.

It's the lowest form of payment terms and it's why you just don't see it offered much (if at all) in the 'real' world. Both channels would surely sink without these dodgy payment schemes :down:

Latest posts

Back