Sarah Bennett

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HelS

Registered Shopper
Just discovered SB's previous incarnation as 'Angelle' where SB spent squillions on air time in an attempt to launch her as a pop star. https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2002/jul/20/artsfeatures.features

I know!!! I heard that too! It's a delicious piece of gossip! Apparently, there was indeed a 24h channel aimed at promoting her album and career. When I first heard about it, I couldn't resist and went on YouTube to hear her single "Joy and Pain". Not exactly my cup of tea... So more pain than joy in my case!

Oh, by the way, what happened to the famous Sarah Bennett collections? Everyone at Gemporia speaks of it in hallowed terms, but I have never actually seen them!

I don't think you are alone in your opinion of 'Joy & Pain' Deasmum! After all - despite S.B's staggering bank-rolling of it, it didn't appear to make much of a mark. I'm guessing that SB would prefer that all trace of it be erased.
I find it laughable that SB was then reincarnated as a jewellery designer. If you take a look at her branded stuff on the Gemporia website, it looks exactly the same as the rest of their old fashioned/low quality tat. Steve Bennett appears shameless when it comes to nepotism!

Gemporia promotes family values, almost as often as it promotes family members!

I remember the pop channel, it was called Vibetv. They must have had a garage full of her CD's because I dot a free signed copy with an order from rockstv, before Steve Bennett re-purchased gemstv. I suspect you are right and Mrs Bennett would like all traces of this disasterous enterprise erased. I think she was about 22 when she did that. Steve was supposed to be promoting her but soon he was banging her.

As for her being head of design at Gemporia, see the statement at the top. She is not a qualified jewellery designer, I think others do the hard work and she takes all the credit. I find her pieces boring. Chunks of low grade stones, set mostly in gold plated silver, hardly inspired or inspiring.

I’m sure there was a wine channel as well, way back in the mists of time.

Yes, the channel was called vinappris. He also had a wine bar with the same name in the Dunlop building in Birmingham. Doesn't exactly fit with all the health and fitness bollocks he now pushes. Then again, nor does selling brownies. Anything he can peddle....

Latest posts

Back