She is everywhere !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wondered if anyone had seen Katy’s blazer, not sure about the sleeves,Julia’s dress looks ok .

I'm watching now 'cause oh's out and Julia and Katy are showcasing some items they've "designed" for the anniversary and they said perhaps there'll be more to come from us, they said it jokingly but pleeeease no! Joking aside I actually really like Julia's dress it looks absolutely lovely on her. Katy's blazer however, well it's a no from me. Weird split sleeves that can be flapped back and a collar you can pop to reveal a garish floral lining - Julia's won that battle hands down!
I've just had a look and was tempted by Julia's dress until I saw it says hand wash only so that's a no from me. I like Katy's blazer apart from the stupid sleeves, I'm not sure quite what purpose they're supposed to serve. More money saved - that's good :)

I've just had a look and was tempted by Julia's dress until I saw it says hand wash only so that's a no from me. I like Katy's blazer apart from the stupid sleeves, I'm not sure quite what purpose they're supposed to serve. More money saved - that's good :)
For some reason it's only the black one you can't machine wash but the berry you can wash @ 30 degrees. I wasn't so keen on that colour tbh.

I liked Jackie's denim jacket too - I really liked the relaxed sleeve and the patch pockets at the front and of course the removable faux fur collar and it wasn't overpriced either, well not in QVC terms anyway. I don't need a denim jacket and even though I prefer the look of this one I'm not gonna be silly enough to buy another one but I'm sure I can probably find some kind of faux fur collar one can attach if I look around. I didn't like Katy's silly jacket at all and Debbie's tunics weren't my cup of tea either but they were definitely "her" and the plain ones looked quite nice and dare I say it, a fairly reasonable price for 2. It did look like some actual effort was putting into producing these garments it's a shame this sort of thing is a one off! I still think that Julia's dress in the black option stole the show and she looked fantastic in it! They said she was wearing the size 10 that made me giggle as she's obviously "designed" the sizings. As a high street size 10/12 it would probably swamp me!

Not just on Ruth’s shows. The team that do the prep don’t pick up on loose threads, puckered seams, stains… so of course they’re not getting an iron out. I remember a few years back when they were doing behind the scenes shows for content on the blog there was all this sending the product down from Knowsley, prepping for each show, blah, blah, blah… maybe they can kid themselves, but attention to detail does not seem to be a strong suit in my opinion.
In regular retail clothes shops, the staff will steam the clothes before putting them on the rail for customers to look at.

In regular retail clothes shops, the staff will steam the clothes before putting them on the rail for customers to look at.
I work for Cotton Traders and every item, apart from knitwear is steamed before being put on the shop floor. Who wants to buy creased up clothing? Oh, and we have to fold properly, no ramming in a carrier!!

I work for Cotton Traders and every item, apart from knitwear is steamed before being put on the shop floor. Who wants to buy creased up clothing? Oh, and we have to fold properly, no ramming in a carrier!!
I'm always asked in Bon Marche and again in White Stuff if I want a bag ! No love I'll just throw the dress over my arm with the hanger still attached, I'll put the nighty around my neck and I'll shove the knickers in my pockets ! Honest to God. No-one wants a plastic bag, but lots of shops now give paper bags with handles, so I'm fed up of being asked if I need a bag.

(Ps not the assistants fault I know, but my anger is aimed at "company policy"

I'm always asked in Bon Marche and again in White Stuff if I want a bag ! No love I'll just throw the dress over my arm with the hanger still attached, I'll put the nighty around my neck and I'll shove the knickers in my pockets ! Honest to God. No-one wants a plastic bag, but lots of shops now give paper bags with handles, so I'm fed up of being asked if I need a bag.

Oh I completely your Brissles, we have to ask every customer too. I don't mind so much as CT give a percentage to Help for Heroes. I must add that the majority do bring their own bags.

Well they ask because they don't know if you have brought a bag - as many people do!

As a matter of interest (well for me anyway) I checked out all of the presenters designs to see which sold the best. Ok I don't know whether the stock levels were the same to start with but on the face of it Debbie's tunics were the most successful. They've sold out in all sizes bar XS & S in both colours. I'd presume that's because your extra small/small customers aren't necessarily looking for garments that cover hips, tums n' bums. Next to that it was Katy's jacket in the black, most sizes are gone, but the pink is still available in all sizes. It was a little bit different I guess, but I personally hated it! Jackie's jacket did fairly well and has sold out in quite a few sizes but Julia's dress hasn't had a single sell out by the looks of it, despite it being imo the nicest offering. I wonder whether it was the hand wash only aspect put people off - quite possibly I wouldn't buy it for that reason.

I haven't seen Katie's jacket but I'm not surprised that the pink one hasn't sold very fast. Most people who have one, or even two pink jackets, don't need another one. And Barbie Pink is now out of style. Debbie's two garment offering is not at all different to many other tunics sold on QVC, but the price is good. Jackie's jacket is quite nice, but the denim looks thin. The fur collar is spot clean only and that's where your makeup would land. Julia's dress looks good on her, but it's a bit frumpy imo.

Latest posts

Back